Tell something interesting / odd about your life.....

Options

Replies

• seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,307
    Options
    it would have been a virgin birth....
    Say what now?

Artificial insemination......

I was in my mid 30's with no man in site and I wanted a baby.....When through AID for 2 years, fell pregnant then lost it at 7 weeks...The 24th of next month would be my baby's 16th birthday.....

That was my only pregnancy.....I did try for a couple of months after but it hit me so hard that I was scared of it happening again....No one in my family knew what I was doing until I started bleeding....Then I rang one sister and sil as I wanted to talk to someone...I'm still not sure how many of my family know...
  • confettibetti
    confettibetti Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I dont know if its odd or not, but every single morning I wake up with a different song in my head :-)

I am really enjoying reading this thread, its the only thread I've read every post too...
  • drateno
    drateno Posts: 12
    Options
    I like your progress bar. Hey if you want interviews you have to be hungry and be a little annoying. Find out who is the hiring person and get to them somehow. They worst they can say is stop bothering me. I have gotten several jobs with this "I am so hungry to work here I would do anything" attitude.
  • arenkel
    arenkel Posts: 77
    Options
    "American Pie" is legitimately based on my high school. I've never seen the movie, but apparently the girl with the flute was loosely based on my sophomore English teacher. And Band Camp used to have a "don't ask, don't tell" drug/misbehavior policy, so yeah...

I'm also a member of the best solar car team in America! :)
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I can't STAND regualr Mt. Dew... I'm told that's pretty odd.
    I don't like Mt. Dew...any of it.
    Lol, something about it is just weird. I think the bright neon green color of it freaks me out as well as the taste of sugar dumped in seltzer water... just can't stand it. The red is ok, but I get sick if I drink too much. Blue is my fave though. But again... small doses. My bf can drink Mt. Dew like it's nothing... and I get a bit sick watching him do that.
  • confettibetti
    Options
    Say what now?

I was in my mid 30's with no man in site and I wanted a baby.....When through AID for 2 years, fell pregnant then lost it at 7 weeks...The 24th of next month would be my baby's 16th birthday.....

That was my only pregnancy.....I did try for a couple of months after but it hit me so hard that I was scared of it happening again....

so so sad :(
  • Brittany3914
    Brittany3914 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm a funeral director, which to me is not odd at all...but most people think it is....

Glad I'm not the only one!
  • mamakira
    mamakira Posts: 366
    Options
    I moved 14 times in my life and lived in 4 different countries. I am a restless person I guess.
  • confettibetti
    Options
    I moved 14 times in my life and lived in 4 different countries. I am a restless person I guess.

Ive moved a total of 20 times in my entire life. Im 31!
  • vypeters
    vypeters Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    You've heard of folks with a photographic memory? I have tape recorder hearing. Remember everything I hear, in the voice of the person who said it to me.

I think I was about 12 or 13 before I realized that not everyone can do this.
  • AmyMarie31
    Options
    Oh come on... Everyone has a story!
  • derbygurl13
    Options
    I am 39 Years old and joined a roller derby team and my skate name is Mauley O'Slammagain...other than that I am pretty boring LOL:happy:
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,307
    Options
    Say what now?

That was my only pregnancy.....I did try for a couple of months after but it hit me so hard that I was scared of it happening again....

so so sad :(

Then within 2 years of losing my virginity I was diagnosed with cervical cancer....:mad: :explode: :mad: :explode:
  • mamakira
    mamakira Posts: 366
    Options
    You won :happy:
  • stevehomoki
    Options
    I was kidnapped 3 times as a child. All three times they attempted to take me into Mexico.
    I learned college grade level astronomy when I was still in middle school and attended my brothers school with him to tag along sometimes.
    I graduated from a massage therapy college after turning 18 and by the time I was 20 I realized this career path was not really what I wanted in life. Sure I touched a lot of people's lives, helped hundreds of people but it just wasn't what I wanted.
    Currently working on a career path with computer programming and networking.

And for some reason, I really want to experience living in the wild for a month or so. Don't ask me why.
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I went to Denmark with a girl I was sorta/kinda dating end ended up drunk and married.

Love it - you still married?
  • ReclaimingSarah
    ReclaimingSarah Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I've been investigated (and cleared) by the FBI. Few things are more disturbing that being woken up by a bunch of large, angry men in suits barging into your house.
  • scloyd
    scloyd Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I saved a little girls life who was home alone during a house fire. As I was driving by, I noticed smoke coming out of the house just underneath the eaves. I stopped and ran up to the front door and pounded on the door. A little girl around 5 yrs. old opened the door. I grabbed her and put her in my car (it was cold outside). A neighbor came out and I told them to call the fire dept. (pre-cell phone days). I ran back into the house and checked all the rooms on the first floor for more people. The second floor was full of black smoke. The fire dept. arrived and put the fire out. I found out later that the little girl was left home alone while her mother ran to the store.

The mayor and city council invited me to a city council meeting and gave me a wall plaque, which I still have somewhere in a closet.
  • tat2dmrsgrimm
    tat2dmrsgrimm Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I have lived in two foreign countries, four states and on 3 continents. Without corrective lenses I am legally blind in my left eye. I have two tattoos with deep personal meaning and one that was just teenage rebellion, but has turned into a permanent reminder that sometimes kids do dumb things (hopefully it will keep me from killing my kids when they hit their teens).

For some odd reason, complete strangers like to tell me their life stories. (I was a nurse's aide before I got married and I would have patients who within 5 minutes of meeting me had told me things that I wouldn't even tell my best friend if it was me)

I am allergic to most prescription painkillers which can be kind of annoying after surgery.

I am a homeschooling, stay at home, pagan, kitchen witch mom.

Other than that, nothing really interesting.
  • tiffanyvc
    Options
    I've been writing a book since I was 14. I have no idea how long it would be if I had it printed in an actual book, but when I tried to format it to be the size of a traditional book, it was over 400 pages and it's nowhere near being done! It's gone through countless revisions and rewrites. Therefore, I will probably be "perfecting" it and writing new parts in it for the rest of my life.

If I could relive any period of my life, I would choose to go back to my summer camp counselor days. 9 weeks every summer living in the mountains of western Washington with ten little girls, hiking through the woods, swimming in lakes, and singing around campfires. THAT'S the life!!