Tell something interesting / odd about your life.....

Options

Replies

• confettibetti
    confettibetti Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    My birth is in a medical journal :-D

well thats cool!
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I jumped in a pool to rescue a child who did not know how to swim and had jumped in and sunk to the bottom.

I was in a pretty bad car accident when I was 12 and severely broke my nose. It was underneath my left eye when I looked in the mirror in the E.R. bathroom to give them a urine sample. BTW never tell a 12 year old girl DONT look in the bathroom mirror when she knows her nose is broken pretty severely. She'll look anyways.
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    I live with a nerd. My living room is decorated with signed, framed Star Wars art prints, LOTR figurines (in their packaging, of course), and random toys. I've also been known to play D&D. (Level 17 Shardmind psion). I also quit playing when my character suffered a downgrade as a result of Wizards of the Coast releasing a particularly obnoxious set of changes to some of its items, until my DM figured out how to put my character back right.
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    I'm allergic to liquor (not joking)

oh wow!!!!
    \

Yeah- that was a FUN 21st birthday. Oh well, I have a healthy liver :)
  • confettibetti
    Options
    I had a fantastic childhood growing up on a teeny, tiny island (3 miles long, 1/2 mile wide) called Kwajalein in the Marshall Islands in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

Yokwe!

sounds amazing!
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I had a paper of mine published in a funeral journal (back when I was still in the industry).
  • confettibetti
    Options

oh wow!!!!
    \

like deathly allergic?
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options

oh wow!!!!

I worked with someone like that. She would break out in hives.
  • gaveruz
    gaveruz Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am one of those "extreme couponers".... but in a much smaller scale.
    LOL
  • curtnrod
    curtnrod Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I've successfully resuscitated 27 people with CPR
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options

oh wow!!!!
    \

like deathly allergic?

Well I haven't let it get that far- i've tried numerous liquors trying to find one that I can drink- and I always break out in hives and black out within a sip or two. No bueno. So i've given up.
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options

oh wow!!!!

I worked with someone like that. She would break out in hives.

Yeah, same thing happens to me. It's really no fun.
  • jonwv
    jonwv Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I cant hold my pinky with my thumb like making three with your fingers.
  • Meatsies
    Meatsies Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I know this sounds hokey, but precognition runs in my family, on my father's side. I'd heard about it most of my life when I was younger, but never really believed until I started having dreams that came true. It only happened a handful of times over the period of about 2 years, but the sensation of becoming a believer in that type of thing was like waking up from a dream about flying to realize you actually can fly...it was bizarre. It also freaked me out a bit, though...the first experience I ever personally had, I woke up crying one day from the saddest dream. All of the Muppets came floating into my vision in the dream, one-by-one, crying and waving goodbye. I had never been a huge Muppets fan, so couldn't understand why I woke up in tears, or why the sadness was so permeating. That afternoon, I found out that Jim Henson had died that day. My grandfather and his mother had it much more strongly and consistently; I haven't had anything else happen like that since I hit puberty.

My father and brother are famous-ish in fly-fishing/hunting circles.

By the time I was three years old, I had taught myself how to read fully...starting by picking words out of newspapers when I was 2. No one ever had to teach me...I was just a born reader, I guess.
  • pittskaa
    pittskaa Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    you know those all inclusive vacation sweepstakes you see but you think no one ever actually wins?
    i won a trip to Los Angeles for three nights, four days, with paid hotel, airfare, and tickets to see Rihanna, Ke$ha, and Eminem.
    it was pretty sweet.
  • dragonflyjen
    dragonflyjen Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I make delicious fancy cakes...which is torture when you're on a 'healthy eating plan'!!!

(Facebook: a flutter of fondant)
  • smaschin
    smaschin Posts: 91
    Options
    I lost a testicle, luckily i was born with 3
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I'm a female gamer, book-worm, technophile.... and yes, I fix my own computers & my own car.

I also smoke nargiles - IE: hookahs, tobacco only. Any yes - I know how to set up the bowl, coals, hose and everything. Used to be a mod of a poplar forum and do youtube.

And I meow at people.... plus speak my own language people have termed "Sammnese" because I'm dyslexic and tend to mix/combine my words as I talk to people. Anyone who spends ANY amount of time around me learns what I mean over what I say really fast (although my boss nitpicks me about it and demands I stop and learn not to do it).
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I had a fantastic childhood growing up on a teeny, tiny island (3 miles long, 1/2 mile wide) called Kwajalein in the Marshall Islands in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

Yokwe!

My dad served on the USS Kwajalein in WWII! I have a couple pictures of it that I found on the internet.
  • confettibetti
    Options
    I've successfully resuscitated 27 people with CPR

HERO!