Tell something interesting / odd about your life.....

Options

Replies

• confettibetti
    confettibetti Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I'm allergic to liquor (not joking)

oh wow!!!!
    \

Yeah- that was a FUN 21st birthday. Oh well, I have a healthy liver :)

like deathly allergic?

Well I haven't let it get that far- i've tried numerous liquors trying to find one that I can drink- and I always break out in hives and black out within a sip or two. No bueno. So i've given up.

Im glad you gave up!!!! goodness, that's crazy.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    At 16 I was transplanted from the USA to a small Micronesian island called Saipan. All the amenities I took for granted (clean running water, consistent electricity, sidewalks, etc) weren't there. Probably one of the most defining moments in my life because it was there that I actually learned about how fortunate I was and that at that time (in the USA) I was wasting my education (started cutting school) and talent. It taught me how to take every opportunity and make the most of it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Hey! I live in Guam... Practically neighbors :)
    Guam was cool. At least they had a McDonald's there and I totally remember sitting down and relishing eating fries after a 2 year hiatus! And the Guam McDonald's is HUGE!

IDEA Fitness member
  • jeanzbeanz
    Options
    I had a fantastic childhood growing up on a teeny, tiny island (3 miles long, 1/2 mile wide) called Kwajalein in the Marshall Islands in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

Yokwe!

My dad served on the USS Kwajalein in WWII! I have a couple pictures of it that I found on the internet.

I was there in the 70's, but usually the only people who have every heard of the place are vets who served in WWII. The island was retaken from the Japanese as the US stormed across the Pacific in WWII.
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options

oh wow!!!!
    \

like deathly allergic?

Well I haven't let it get that far- i've tried numerous liquors trying to find one that I can drink- and I always break out in hives and black out within a sip or two. No bueno. So i've given up.

Yeah me too- it's actually kind of fun to be the only sober person sometimes. The things you see and hear are AMAZING. =]
  • chunkylover22
    chunkylover22 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Lol so i guess I shouldn't really say this.......but.......

I slept with my high school science teacher and now we are engaged to be married.

I guess everything happens for a reason. :)
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,307
    Options
    I had a miscarriage :cry: in early 1996 and if I didn't then it would have been a virgin birth....
  • bt_13_21
    bt_13_21 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have an extra rib. It's located in my left lower neck, just above the collar bone.

I have had 12 miscarriages.

My 3 kids are different races/ethnicities. I have a caucasian son (biological). A hispanic son (adopted from Guatemala). And an Asian daughter (adopted from South Korea).
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I'm a major game geek. And no, I'm not a female who says I'm a gamer, and either a- plays one genre, or b- sucks majorly (and no not a combination). I play pc games and console. My fave happens to be WoW as that's the one I've been able to progress with and do the most. (got an end stage raid character, many alts up there that I can play, 10k achievement points, and I pvp!).

Umm... other than that, the most interesting thing in my life is I used to be a major depressed girl who couldn't stand the thought of being the way I was because no one understood me and thought I was weird. Then I dunno what happened, one day I woke up and said "eff it, I rock and there is NO ONE like me" and since then, that was just that. I still get my doubts b ecause my friends poke fun of me for being the way I am, but yea... maybe I'm not interesting. Oh wait... I can't STAND regualr Mt. Dew... I'm told that's pretty odd.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    I had a fantastic childhood growing up on a teeny, tiny island (3 miles long, 1/2 mile wide) called Kwajalein in the Marshall Islands in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

Yokwe!
    Growing up and graduating high school in Saipan (we had 16 seniors) I learned how to live without TV, became even closer to my family and brother, fell in love for the first time, learned how to Polynesian dance and joined a performing group, was a teen radio disc jockey...........................I really hated moving there at first, but it change my life so much so because at that point in my life I was heading down the wrong road.

IDEA Fitness member
  • bt_13_21
    bt_13_21 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    it would have been a virgin birth....
    Say what now?
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I didn't have eardrums until I was in elementary school.
  • drateno
    drateno Posts: 12
    Options
    Such a great story. God performs many wonderful miracles. It is hard to believe so many people don't believe. Have a great day!:wink:
  • Brittany3914
    Brittany3914 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm a funeral director but don't fit the typical "mortician" stereotype.

I couldn't walk until I was almost 3 years old.

As a child, I used to hide in the closet and eat sticks of butter. Of course, my mom captured it on camera every time she caught me in the act.
  • Karebear_68
    Options
    My oldest daughter had ovarian cancer when she was 16. It was a rare form that women that are usually in their 60's - 70's get. She had one ovary and fallopian tube removed.She is 24 now, healthy and has a son who will be 2 years old next month. Blessed she is fine now. :heart:
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I can't STAND regualr Mt. Dew... I'm told that's pretty odd.
    I don't like Mt. Dew...any of it.
  • softballsharie
    softballsharie Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I was addicted to pain killers for 2 years until my cousin passed away in September of 2011. I hit my rock bottom, and I was a complete loser. I've picked myself back up, put together the pieces, and am climbing back up to the top with the help of this website. <3
  • confettibetti
    confettibetti Posts: 405 Member
    Options

oh wow!!!!
    \

like deathly allergic?

Yeah me too- it's actually kind of fun to be the only sober person sometimes. The things you see and hear are AMAZING. =]

hahahaha IM SURE!!! :)
  • steph124ny
    steph124ny Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I'm a funeral director, which to me is not odd at all...but most people think it is....
  • yokurio
    yokurio Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I served 8 years in the US Army as a Tanker. Pretty much... I used to blow shhh up... nuff said! =-)
  • jeanzbeanz
    Options

Yokwe!
    Growing up and graduating high school in Saipan (we had 16 seniors) I learned how to live without TV, became even closer to my family and brother, fell in love for the first time, learned how to Polynesian dance and joined a performing group, was a teen radio disc jockey...........................I really hated moving there at first, but it change my life so much so because at that point in my life I was heading down the wrong road.

IDEA Fitness member

No tv here either. Never missed it and couldn't stand being indoors! We did get to see a lot of movies though. AND - I got to watch Jaws when it first came out.