Tell something interesting / odd about your life.....

Options

Replies

• oJulia
    oJulia Posts: 33
    Options
    I despise moving... and I am moving from Seattle to Atlanta in 12 weeks with an infant and an almost 3 year old. I'm hauling a trailer.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I moved out of my parents home at 16 because they decided to become Jehovah Witnesses

Awkward...
  • nursenessa1
    nursenessa1 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I looooove breaking ribs during cpr. It means I am giving high quality chest compressions. :flowerforyou:
  • Ninatoots
    Ninatoots Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    My second toes are longer than my big toes and I love bacon.
    so are mine but I know other like us. The Statue Of Liberty's toes are like this!
  • chrissayya
    Options
    I've only ever lived on islands, 4 different ones, in 3 different countries.
  • Ninatoots
    Ninatoots Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I looooove breaking ribs during cpr. It means I am giving high quality chest compressions. :flowerforyou:

Just be careful! The xiphoid process could break!
  • AmberLeighD
    Options
    I've touched Alec Baldwin
    I interned for the Bozo the Clown Show
    thats about it

Love Bozo the Clown growing up!
  • pbajwally
    pbajwally Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Some of these posts are SO interesting! Alas, I have no super awesome events to discuss. A couple interesting facts (I guess?!):

I have never had a broken bone.
    I have never tasted Mountain Dew.
    My second toes are are also longer than my big toes (and I love bacon) - since this seems to be a trend!
    I cannot drink alcohol when I eat food. I hate the taste combination.
    I have never been to Europe.
  • AmberLeighD
    Options
    "American Pie" is legitimately based on my high school. I've never seen the movie, but apparently the girl with the flute was loosely based on my sophomore English teacher. And Band Camp used to have a "don't ask, don't tell" drug/misbehavior policy, so yeah...

I'm also a member of the best solar car team in America! :)

Years ago when I worked in a call center... they used to call me that girl ("one day at band camp" ) That was me, overly chipper. LOL
  • AmberLeighD
    Options
    I moved 14 times in my life and lived in 4 different countries. I am a restless person I guess.

Ive moved a total of 20 times in my entire life. Im 31!

32 and moved about 20... might be 21 or 22 LOL I"m losing count! LOL ... planning on moving again in a year or so.
  • MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I survived several mortar attacks that other people didn't. Still hate fireworks.

I danced in a Korean pop music video. The director kept maniacally shouting "dance like Licky Mahtin!" (Ricky Martin)

I have a top 1% IQ that is TOTALLY wasted on me. Embarassingly wasted.

I can break a sewing machine or kill a plant just by looking at it. But I have Pinterest aspirations of growing my own food and sewing all sorts of crap.

I've seen a ghost.

I name my cars after Latino men. Not intentionally; it just happens that way (I currently drive Mario, before that it was Diego...)

I've had the heimlich manouver performed on me (thankfully!).

I've moved between states or countries 16 times (and that doesn't count deployments). Hmm. No wonder I'm single.
  • TracyJ1127
    Options
    :laugh: My life is incredibly boring right now, but I did spend a year on the truck with my husband going across the country and back. He's a long haul truck driver. :heart:
  • TracyJ1127
    Options
    I had a miracle healing from gallbladder disease! Five doctors told me I'd have to have it removed. One day, during one horribly intense attack, my dh called me and said he was tired of it, put his hands on my stomach and said, in the name of Jesus, your gallbladder is healed! Immediately I ran from him, threw up all over the bathroom and all the pain stopped. Haven't had a gallbladder attack in three years, prior to that day I was having them 2-4 times a week.

It was amazing, and I'm amazed by the power of God every time I think about it.

Amen and Hallelujah! God is Great!!!!!
  • Allihexen
    Allihexen Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I've met several actors from various television shows as well as Sigourney Weaver.
    I have flat feet.
    I've never been out of the country.
    I've been published as a photographer.
    I've been to well over a hundred and fifty sci-fi/fantasy/multi-genre/geek conventions.
    I had my first car accident when I was eighteen. I lost control and nearly drove off the side of a mountain. Luckily, the car turned and crashed into a telephone pole. I didn't turn the wheel. My grandfather, who had been dead for nine years at this time, was there and, thanks to him, I'm alive.
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    When I was 10 years old I swam out to help save my best friend from drowning but was pulled under in the panic. They got her to safety and eventually fished me out as I watched on...

I am a lucid dreamer and that helps me get the hell out of my nightmares…
    I also dream in color.

My earliest childhood memories go back to when I was 2 yrs old.
  • TracyJ1127
    Options
    Nothing too weird but I have a gigantic birth mark on the left side of my body and its about the size of my hand. Ever since I was a kid when I would go to a Doctors office or somewhere to get examined I'm always asked what happened there. There have even been a couple of times where Doctors have wanted to talk to me in private and ask if my parents had abused me.

One of my son's has a birth mark like that right above his buttocks, on his lower back. He is adopted through the state so fortunately for me they had it documented, but I was accused of abusing him at first. That got cleared up right away, thank God!
  • j1wright
    j1wright Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I have broken my arm 6 times (three on each) from age 5 to age 14
    I have 4 uterer tubes (you should only have 2)
    I am tongue tied (the tip of my tongue is literally tied to the bottom part of my mouth. My mother's was like this and she had her's clipped and my son's tongue is tied as well.)
    My son has a set of webbed toes and what looks like a 6th toe that tried growing on top of the two that are webbed.
    I got "knocked up" by the garbage man and later married him (God love em)
  • TracyJ1127
    Options
    I got ran over by a land rover whilst on my bike 4 years ago. The vehicle didnt even stop to see if i was okay. Got rushed to hospital, lots of cuts and bruises on my neck, back, legs, stomach. Now i have a weak left ankle, therefor im not able to run for a long period of time as my ankle could give way at any time! :(

Did they catch the driver?
  • MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Nothing too weird but I have a gigantic birth mark on the left side of my body and its about the size of my hand. Ever since I was a kid when I would go to a Doctors office or somewhere to get examined I'm always asked what happened there. There have even been a couple of times where Doctors have wanted to talk to me in private and ask if my parents had abused me.

One of my son's has a birth mark like that right above his buttocks, on his lower back. He is adopted through the state so fortunately for me they had it documented, but I was accused of abusing him at first. That got cleared up right away, thank God!
    My daughter was born with a similar mark -- so glad it faded away during her first year, just for that very reason!
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    I moved 14 times in my life and lived in 4 different countries. I am a restless person I guess.

Ive moved a total of 20 times in my entire life. Im 31!

32 and moved about 20... might be 21 or 22 LOL I"m losing count! LOL ... planning on moving again in a year or so.

meh, I've lived in 6 states, moved the 1st time when I was 6 months old with a grand total of 34 times. I hate moving and this is the longest I've ever been in one house. It's still a struggle to put art on the wall, though.

as soon as the kids are done, we're moving back south. the husband would like to live in NYC for a year (i'm hoping 9-10 months) but we'll probably move about 5 more times.