Tell something interesting / odd about your life.....

Options

Replies

• sissidevore
    sissidevore Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    II am an identical mirror twin. We look identical except im left handed shes right handed. I am near sighted she is far sighted.

i worked with a set of mirror identical twins, it was amazing, they were nothing alike! i didn't even think they looked alike, but were the same height and weight, they are amazing, i still talk to them daily!
  • TracyJ1127
    Options
    I can't STAND regualr Mt. Dew... I'm told that's pretty odd.
    I don't like Mt. Dew...any of it.

I have never liked Mt. Dew, either.
  • sandpaperthighs
    Options
    I had 6 kids in 9years!
  • natesangel
    natesangel Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    alright i'm game!
    i was born on the 4th of july, i'm canadian through and through and i was 8 before i realized that my american grandparents did NOT arrange the fire works on tv just for me (as i had always been told!)
    i can wiggle my eyelid by moving my jaw
    i dream dated my hubby for a year before i ever met him and i met him the same way i did in the dreams. my gay (sorry it's relevant) step cousin introduced us the night he took me to the bar (a gay bar, again relevant), trying to keep things casual so i didn't realize he was actually bi. he invited the friend along hoping to catch either of us. that was 8 years and a two year old ago! and in that time we have actually done everything that was dreamed in the year prior!
    i have a scar on my left thumb from slicing the knife the wrong way (towards your chum not your thumb ppl!) that spells YO!
  • AmberLeighD
    Options
    I've was in Miami during the Super Bowl, Daytona 500 for Valentines one year, Saw Nolan Ryan get inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame where I slept in various lines for 3 days, Been to the Kentucky Derby 3 years in a row back in the day... never paid for a ticket,and always had a box seat. Plus sooo many more sporting events it is crazy!!!! 've been to endless concerts, Got to listen to Maya Angelou speak intimately to a room of people (which was HUGE for me!!! )

My man is 17 years older than me (wedding soon to come) , yet my sister is 4 years older than him. Age was never an issue in my family!

I have been a Aunt since I was born, and am currently a Great-Aunt to 9.

I was given a certificate and Battalion coin for my acts of patriotism from the home front during Operation Iraqi Freedom (from my first marriage) from the US Army. Hard for a soldier to receive,even rarer for a spouse of a solider.. used to kid my ex because I got mine before he got one. LOL

I'm from Texas and was raised in the country yet I've never been on a horse... (something I will remedy one day) but I really hate the stereo-type where people assume that since you're from Texas you can ride a horse. I can however call a pig, fork hay out of a moving pickup to cows, and I am rather handy with tools.

Oh, and I was born in the Beef Capital of the WORLD! :) I love the smell of a barn.

Okay, so that is some of me... believe me I've been told I could write a book. LOL
  • skinnybefore
    Options
    When I was 11 years old, my parents separated and were granted joint custody of my two brothers & I... my dad had us kids on Tuesdays & Thursdays and my mom had us the rest of the days. It was a Tuesday night & my parents decided to switch days at the last minute. That night my dad's house burned to the ground from a chimney fire.
  • jacqui1612
    jacqui1612 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I have never broken a bone.. Despite horse riding my entire life (and falling off that many times I have no idea. Would probably be up near the 100 mark or more), snowboarding numerous times and playing just about every sport that you could think of.

I have never had the chicken pox. I am 20 and only got and injection for it this year so I won't get it (hopefully!)

I was a virgin until I was 18. And have never spoken to that person since (though I have known him my entire life, he is the son of my parents friends)..

That's about it I think.... Not really that exciting...
  • Bigjayinga
    Bigjayinga Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I have 10 snakes,
  • banishBS
    Options
    I am very fortunate for sure and manage to skirt around most of the BS in the industry (hence my forum name). I like to keep things real.
  • MrsWW57
    MrsWW57 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm a funeral director but don't fit the typical "mortician" stereotype.

I couldn't walk until I was almost 3 years old.

As a child, I used to hide in the closet and eat sticks of butter. Of course, my mom captured it on camera every time she caught me in the act.

Mom has pictures of me eating margarine. I guess we were too poor to afford the real thing, lol.
  • SurfinBird1981
    SurfinBird1981 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    My late father made the drumsticks for John Bonham of Led Zeppelin, he owned a company called Promuco and made kits and sticks :smile: he died when I was little so I didn't get much time with him unfortunately.
  • MooMooooo
    MooMooooo Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    My father was in and out of juvenile detention centres and then prisons for his whole life.

My mother had her first child (my older sister) at 16.

My brother and I used to get picked on for being really skinny in high school.

I moved out of home at 17, I was still in grade 12.

Got married (for the 2nd time) in Las Vegas, we are Australian FYI. My husband and I HITCHIKED to the chapel, just before midnight xmas day 2007. We were the last couple married that day.

We then continued our honeymoon in Amsterdam.

I worked as a stripper for 5 years, best job I ever had.

I love people and I hate them.
  • MrsWW57
    MrsWW57 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I had four kids, one for each season. The oldest was born in the fall. My daughter was born 16 months later in the winter. My next son was born 15 months later in the spring. The youngest son was born three years later in the summer.

My youngest child was born on the same day about the same time that my brother's friend lost his life in a car accident. That same son lost his life when he was 18 in a car accident. I often wonder who was born at that same time my son died. Also will they end up dying in a car accident?

My son died Sept. 7 & one of his friend's was killed in a hit & run several years later on July 9. The numbers are reversed: 9th month 7th day & 7th month 9th day. They are buried next to each other.
  • MrsCaseyLane
    MrsCaseyLane Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Living in Florida when I was a child, my class would go out to the playground to watch the space shuttles launch. I watched the Space Shuttle Challenger blow up. Poor teacher had to explain to a bunch of second graders what happened as she rushed us inside to watch the news.

Also, When a Shuttle lands you get to hear a sonic boom. I just so happened to walk down my hallway when a boom happened and got hit by my closet door. :0)
  • Tebbspcad
    Tebbspcad Posts: 233
    Options
    Have been in & out of haematology hospitals for the last 15 years (even had bone marrow taken whilst awake when I was 7 months pregnant - i wouldn't wish that experience on anyone it was horrific), and was on the critical list at one stage with a very severe infection - woke up one morning & decided it wouldn't rule my life & since then it hasn't - i've managed to stabilise with diet & exercise and my condition has been borderline ever since - The wonders of positive thinking!

Also I saw the same ghost in my old house twice & my little girl saw him once standing at the bottom of my bed & started a conversation with him!!! scared the *kitten* out of me!

I've always wanted blue hair :bigsmile:
  • retrobaby
    retrobaby Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Bump...great topic!
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    I can speak English, Serbian, Bulgarian, Chinese and Spanish, perfectly.
  • SetecAstronomy
    SetecAstronomy Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    There was this one time, in band camp...
  • yksdoris
    yksdoris Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I was born in a restricted-access city in a country that is now part of EU and NATO but was then occupied by a country that no longer exists. In other words, my birth certificate says USSR.

I've never had any broken bones but I have had 2 concussions, both when I was 6, about 3 months apart. First time I fell off a tree and landed on my head, the second time I slipped on ice and fell on my head. Both times concussed my left optical center.

When I was 3 my mom accidentally poured boiling hot water all over my legs. I don't have any scars from that.

I've been in 15 different sovreign countries and used 14 different currencies, of which 2 different Russian/Soviet Roubles (I'm 27, most of the currency differences pre-date the Euro, so that's before I turned 20).

Whenever I see anyone wearing a "Che" print, I have to resist an urge to punch them. wearing symbols and images of mass murderers is not acceptable.
  • Kyrosh
    Kyrosh Posts: 238
    Options
    I don 't have bones on the right side of my face. (orbital to jaw) I have plates & wires holding everything together. I got hurt on the playground when i was in first grade and had to have reconstructive surgery.

You look beautiful :flowerforyou: