Tell something interesting / odd about your life.....

Options

Replies

• JSheehy1965
    Options
    I lived in Papua New Guinea for 9 years and went to boarding school in Australia for 3 years...best years of my life!
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    Everyone I know thinks i'm weird for this- but I don't like ANY condiments (other than occasionally ketchup) Salads- i've NEVER used dressing, never will. Mustard, mayo, relish- anything else you want to mention- Don't like em won't eat them (some I haven't tried- but yes I know I don't like them) LOL
  • Cmonnowguys
    Cmonnowguys Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I'm a native spanish speaker, but I'm fluent in several languages and work as a Russian linguist.

I also did professional ballet for ten years! That one is a little random, lol.
  • Cmonnowguys
    Cmonnowguys Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Everyone I know thinks i'm weird for this- but I don't like ANY condiments (other than occasionally ketchup) Salads- i've NEVER used dressing, never will. Mustard, mayo, relish- anything else you want to mention- Don't like em won't eat them (some I haven't tried- but yes I know I don't like them) LOL

I'm that way too! Except I only like BBQ sauce. Ranch, mayo, french dressing, ugh.
  • Squiggs67
    Squiggs67 Posts: 178
    Options
    I type everything in my head as I talk or think about things. I've done it since grade 8.
  • Meloyelo2010
    Meloyelo2010 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I work on a crisis line.
  • Uuuhlexis
    Uuuhlexis Posts: 90 Member
    Options

I name my cars after Latino men. Not intentionally; it just happens that way (I currently drive Mario, before that it was Diego...)

My car's name is Blanca!
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I've had some odd experiences in life, here are a few:

-I delivered my oldest son at college in the university bookstore. He was 2 months premature and came right out of me. He survived! though he was in the NICU for a while. He's now a senior in high school :smile:

-When I was a child I had a psychic once tell me that all of the important men in my life would be scorpios...Turned out she was right. My father, my husband, my sons are all Scorpios! Even weirder, both my sons were preemies. Oldest son was 2 months premature, youngest was 1 month premature. If they had made their due dates they would have been different signs *cues spooky music*
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    A few more...I have never had a Big Mac! Most Americans I tell this to act like this is so strange. When I was a kid my parents rarely took us to McDonald's and when they did got us a regular burger and fries. Then I became a vegetarian at 14, so by the time I had a job and could buy my own food I wasn't eating meat. I stayed a vegetarian until I was 38 (I'm 40 now). Since resuming eating meat I mostly eat birds and seafood, I have found that red meat does not agree with my stomach. I do have a little bacon now and then, and meatballs every once in a while. The thought of eating a Big Mac kinda grosses me out, but I think I should get one at some point in time lest my U.S citizenship get revoked LOL

- I legally changed my last name to something I made up. I had to go to court and explain why. There were other people there changing their last names, and they were stunned that I was 'allowed' to do that. LOL you can change your name to whatever you want, as long as you're not doing it for shady purposes.
  • haleylovessoccer
    Options
    Also, my parents were drug addicts most of my life and I grew up with my grandparents. Weird, but true. I meet a lot of people with alcoholic parents but never drug addicts!

I was raised by my grandparents for the exact same reason too!
  • trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I have been with my Wife since we were both 14 (36 now) and am proud to say she is the only woman I have ever kissed. I love her more now than I ever have and don't see that ever changing!!
  • trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    My Grandfather was shipped out of Pearl Harbor the day before it was bombed because he had malaria.
  • kytte
    kytte Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I have been with my Wife since we were both 14 (36 now) and am proud to say she is the only woman I have ever kissed. I love her more now than I ever have and don't see that ever changing!!
    now THAT'S love!
  • borekcisara
    Options
    I would much rather live somewhere secluded, like the middle of a mountain, than live in the metropolitan city I live in right now. Shocking because in high school, when I did live in a rural area, I thought that I wanted to live in a city. Now I see how wrong I was!
  • JollRoll
    Options
    Bump for later
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    not really anything interesting.... but odd i can do :D

apparently its odd that i can only eat weetabix made with hot water and a splash of milk,
    i keep all of my books/dvds/cds in alphabetical order.... my feet are now a size smaller than they were 4 years ago. I have been on the hogwarts express (im cool...), i had a short story published when i was 11, i like gnomes, and owls, and my cat is called pixie!

i have an irrational fear that i will wake up blind one day.... even though my eyesight is near perfect... (my grandad did have glaucoma but thats only something i learnt recently long after the fear began).

The one thing i am most proud of i did all on my own and is something i will never utter in real life.... i beat depression!
    x
  • VictorianJade
    VictorianJade Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I was a fetish model for years.
  • MrsWW57
    MrsWW57 Posts: 35 Member
    Options

That's so sweet! :)
  • mbraley92
    Options
    I have an extra thoracic vertebra, and if I didn't have it, I would be at least 2 inches shorter than I am (5'1 --> 4'11)
    I also have scoliosis, caused by the extra vertebra, and a fainting disorder that was literally caused by my long-term boyfriend and I's relationship ending.
  • Sister_Someone
    Sister_Someone Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen my natural hair color in three years... and I never want to see it again, if I can help it.

I'm the only person I know who doesn't enjoy pedicures, unless I'm giving one to myself.