For all the committed folks... Do you schedule exercise?

Options

Replies

• lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I schedule. Normally I run Mon, Weds, Fri. I have a race Saturday so I am doing Tues, Thurs, Sat. I have to do that. If something last minute comes up I adjust. I couldn't run after work a couple weeks ago, because we were leaving town, so I walked 5 miles to work instead.
  • NatesGyrl33
    NatesGyrl33 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes! If you don't schedule your workouts, you'll never get them in. I hired a personal trainer and we workout every Mon, Wednesday and Thurs. night and every Sat. Morning! Exercise is a must. Stay motivated!
  • SillyFitMe
    SillyFitMe Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I schedule my work out routines week by week. I look at my work schedule, what husband has going on, and what activitites the kids are doing next week and I create my 7 day work-out schedule around them. I am good about fitting in all my work-outs but if I schdule 7 and then only make 5 because something else came up....I'm still happy. I find that doing it day by day...it's too easy to find something else to do. Week by week gives you goals to meet and helps you stay motivated. :)
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Yep and commit to them like you do anything else in your life. If you were looking after a child or meeting a friend you wouldn't just not turn up because "something came up". You make the time for the important things. For me Mon, Wed, Fri 6 - 8 pm or Sat, Sun 10am if someone asks me to do something I say "No I have plans sorry". They don't need to know that that plan is being in the gym or if they do they need to understand exercise is part of my life. If I reeeally can't make a workout during the week I have a fall-back rhythm and switch the week to Tues, Thurs durning the week or later on sat and sun. The thing is it can be easy to find excuses but once you make it a habit you will stop looking for them :)
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I am still trying desperately to get into an exercise routine but I always seem to put it off or something comes up and I say, "Oh, well I will just get to the gym tomorrow." For those of you who have had success losing weight and keeping up an exercise routine, how do you view exercise? Do you schedule it in each day and look at it as an immovable appointment? Any suggestions/advice is MUCH appreciated. Thank you!!!

It has become a part of my life. Every evening after work and in the morning during the weekend.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    yes.

for me it's necessary.

Gym = Monday morning, Tues/Thurs @ 6, Saturday @ 1:30

Those ones don't budge.

Then Friday night after work if it's nice i might go for a walk and usually Sunday I'll walk to the grocery store or where ever I need to go.

There will ALWAYS be something else you "could" be doing, but make that wait instead (i mean unless your kid accidentally cuts his arm off or something)
  • TravisBurns
    TravisBurns Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    A quote I go by. "By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail"
  • CountryCorgi
    CountryCorgi Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have to schedule things and write them down as part of my routine, or else I'll procrastinate myself right out of doing it! Unless I'm called in to work early, I start my exercise at 10AM, it seems the best time of day for me (still cool-ish outside and I'm in a great mood from waking up and the kiddo is busy with Sesame Street).
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Yes. Set aside time each day, even if it's only 10 or 15 minutes, and stick to that time, even if you have to set aside two or three short periods of time each day. Eventually, it'll become so routine that you don't even think about it.
  • SelenityJ
    SelenityJ Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I schedule multiple exercises throughout the day. If I miss one or two of them because something came up I just work harder on the next one.
  • scorpiotwinkles
    scorpiotwinkles Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym EVERY night at 8pm since January 2012. It's in my blood now. I haven't missed it except through illness and can't imagine not having that routine in fact I get slightly excited when the time comes round, and really stressed if I can't go. The gym staff call me MACHINE because I just don't quit.
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I schedule 4 days a week. If I don't set that time aside it is way too easy to blow it off. Friends and family know my work out days and times and respect that.
  • essjay76
    essjay76 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    It just has to happen. If something is important to you, you make the time for it. Kids, work, school, social life, whatever it is you have... you just make time for it. That's it.
  • ems1583
    ems1583 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I love dvd workouts coz its scheduled. I have this goal that I can't skip a day, if ever I'll skip a day (coz I'm not feeling well or went to a vacation) I will switch it with my rest day or do double workout just to get back on track. Dvd workouts are convenient for me, I even do it at 12mn or sometimes will finish at 1am. it works for me.
  • AeiriMuse
    AeiriMuse Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Yep. I do my best not to miss my three scheduled weight training work outs and on top of that I work as a security guard. It keeps me active just about every day of the week.
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    exercise has just become a part of me just like brushing my teeth daily..or breathing :tongue: It never seems to be the same each week...but I manage to make it work each and every day...if its at home with p90x..or lifting at the gym.. I will do it...its a stress reliever for me now as well...as for many other benefits :love:
  • Sherylmarlee
    Sherylmarlee Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Yeppers!! We all owe that time to ourselves! My family knows that workouts make momma happy! :))
  • Rachelle_Ohh
    Rachelle_Ohh Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. I plan 40-50 min. high intensity workout in the morning on the elliptical or a run on the track outside as soon as I get up. I have everything ready for when I wake up. I have a motto I'm going by now that I heard somewhere....

"EARN YOUR SHOWER"....if you don't workout in the morning, you get no shower.......and I NEED my showers! :D

Then for the remainder 25-however I want long minutes after work/evening to do something active and fun (kickball league, swimming, window shopping, weights (only on Mon./Wed/Fri.)/etc.
  • teepeetim
    teepeetim Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I get up 20 minutes early and hit the treadmill. I no longer run out of wind, now I run out of time.
    I am actually enjoying it, and I never thought I would say that.

Not to mention I find running in the morning a great way to recover from a wild night before.
  • lisamlc
    lisamlc Posts: 61
    Options
    I make myself do at least 20 minutes a day but actually aim for 30+ minutes. Also trying to slowly build up my miles per week and beat my PBs for running a mile/2 miles etc. I am pretty tough with myself but it's the only way to make myself do it!