Trader Joe's

Options

Replies

• Cking86
    Cking86 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Wasabi peas..., wasabi almonds..., wasabi mayo... Flounder stuffed with crab... Almond milk... Garlic naan... Artichoke/ spinach dip...
  • Lipstickcherry
    Lipstickcherry Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    soy milk half gal for $3.00
    frozen veggies 1 bag 1.30
    got tons of frozen veggies (even spinach for my tofu scramble)
    huge can of decaf beans 15.00
    tofu 19 oz. for 1.69 each

And on and on. MAN OH MAN I wuv TJs! :heart:
  • rivka_m
    rivka_m Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    I get my oatmeal there, that with a tablespoon of TJ's ground flaxseed is about all I can handle early in the morning.

I love love love the New Mexico pinon coffee though it's not cheap.

Size 2 coffee filters and regular firm & extra firm tofu are dead cheap! And the maple syrup is usually a good deal too.
  • brokenhonu
    brokenhonu Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I love everything a TJ'S. Their Cilantro salad dressing and Hummus salad dressing in the refrigerated section is really great. Also their dog cookies, my dogs have never had such nice teeth and gums according to their vet.
  • summergrl17
    summergrl17 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great recommendations. I spent 90 bucks last night at TJ's because of this thread. I'm delighted though because I didn't realize there was so much good food there that I was overlooking. I go a few times a month - now I'll be shopping weekly. Last night I had a mini brie - 70 calories and the ranchero egg salad - delish. Today I've had a goat cheese medallion - 70 cals. I also saw that they had a bag of hard boiled eggs - this is great to know for my low carb days when I don't have time to pack food for work. I didn't find the horseradish hummus, the Island Soyaki Sauce, marinated chipotle chicken skewers or the apple sticks but I had enough in my cart for one shopping trip. I bought treats for myself for my free day tomorrow that I'm looking forward to eating.
  • Presleyforpresident
    Options
    HOLD THE CONE!!

get them, quick! they are mini ice-cream cones and have 70 calories.
    taste great and are perfect for when you need dessert type snack/bedtme craving.
  • hairjunkie
    hairjunkie Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    OBSESSED!
  • jazee11
    jazee11 Posts: 321
    Options
    I don't really shop there anymore. When I did I would buy the:

Clementines

Bananas

Raw nuts

Canned beans

Soy or almond milk

Sparkling water

Frozen fruit and sometimes the frozen veggies

Also, am not a huge fan of the fresh produce there. It used to spoil very quickly for me.
  • guardian419
    guardian419 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I have a slightly jaded view of Trader Joes, as my only experience with the store is what my roommate brings home. However, she brought veggie burgers that are 250 calories (100 from fat), and ice cream sandwhiches that were damn near 500 calories. I probably should check out the store, since there is sooo much positive feedback here.
  • sydnisd183
    sydnisd183 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    they had a couple TJ's open here in the Houston area and i'm glad for that, as i missed them when i relocated here from San Diego. However, they tend to be snack-heavy so i'ma scared to go in there :noway: there's no way i could pass it up haha
  • BlessedHeart
    BlessedHeart Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Love Trader Joe's *Bump*
  • rachemn
    rachemn Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    That's like asking a kid what he likes in a candy store. I always leave with an empty wallet and several bags of goodies

This! I love my Trader Joe's. Only 3 1/2 hours away from my home!

Never leave without their Almond Meal (only $3.99 a pound!!)
    Also 100 cal dark chocolate bars
    Their puttenesca sauce
    lots of cheese
    Their Ethiopian coffee
    coconut oil
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 4,994 Member
    Options
    i love lots of things especially
    chai tea
    chicken chow mein
    chocolate covered espresso beans
    chocolate chip crispers
    chili lime chicken burgers
    hummus
    berry bran muffins
    kettle corn
    pirates bootie
    dried mango
    pineapple salsa
  • mokpochica
    mokpochica Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    They have great prices on spices. (21 Seasoning Salute is delicious)

Orange muscat champagne vinegar
    California Olive Oil (Actual olive oil instead of some sketchy blend from the Italian mafia!)
    Multigrain Puffin Cereal
    Frozen Haricot Vert (French Green beans)
    Kefir
    Unsalted Nuts
    Hummus
    Jalapeño Chicken Sausages
    Frozen Mango
    Frozen Blueberries and Raspberries
    Israeli Couscous
    Quick Organic Brown Basmati Rice
    Real Maple Syrup
    Almond Butter
    White whole Wheat Flour (I find it good for pancakes, but not for bread)
    Organic Sugar
    Stevia

And importantly, canned organic beans (they don't have liners containing BPA like most other cans do) That and the olive oil alone are worth a trip.
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    There's a TJ's right down the highway from me, not even ten miles away. I haven't been there yet, and it opened two years ago at least. After reading this thread, I think I'll check it out. Payday was yesterday!! :happy:
  • j1wright
    j1wright Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    bump, reading for later. I have never been, felt like I would overwhelm myself if I would go there.
  • whiskeycharged
    whiskeycharged Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MzGrinch9250
    MzGrinch9250 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Just tried TJ's Three Layer Hummus (traditional, cilantro jalapeno & spicy) and it is delicious. Only 70 calories for 2 Tbsp. My new favorite.
  • ocliao
    ocliao Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    bob's red mill flax seed meal
    soy nut butter
    sunflower seed butter
    frozen mango
    dark chocolate sugar free
    wasabi peas

I'm getting a lot of good ideas here. thanks
  • ybodwen
    ybodwen Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    My favorite store!

Love buying peeled garlic, leek, and chopped butternut squash- so convenient!
    Also, polenta, tuscano marinara sauce, carribean fruit floes, vanilla soy ice cream, cilantro jalapeno hummus, raspberry lime seltzer, almond milk, Dorot frozen herbs, MSG free vegetable stock... what don't I buy there?

1 thing I never buy is the white chocolate oatmeal cranberry dunkers- I could eat the whole box in 1 shot!