Lance Armstrong admits to cheating.

Options

Replies

• AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I love how the defenders automatically go to 'those guys accusing him are just mean and lying and trying to get ahead!' To that group ... you realize that some of these guys are admitting they did this stuff right alongside Armstrong, right? They are hitting themselves here. And hincapie is universally liked and respected in cycling. So now just because he tells the truth under oath, he's a lying liar? Come on, now. It comes off like if jesus christ himself were testifying, people would accuse him of being angry that lance was stealing too much of his spotlight or something.

Every single witness in this case is tainted in some way. Especially the legal team

LOL, a regular den of thieves, right? A group to which Armstrong belongs as well.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    I love how the defenders automatically go to 'those guys accusing him are just mean and lying and trying to get ahead!' To that group ... you realize that some of these guys are admitting they did this stuff right alongside Armstrong, right? They are hitting themselves here. And hincapie is universally liked and respected in cycling. So now just because he tells the truth under oath, he's a lying liar? Come on, now. It comes off like if jesus christ himself were testifying, people would accuse him of being angry that lance was stealing too much of his spotlight or something.

Every single witness in this case is tainted in some way. Especially the legal team

what about the woman who says she heard him list his use of PEDs to a doctor?
  • AngryDiet
    Options

Is that a bitter ex-wife?
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options

can you say hearsay??
  • Laces_0ut
    Options

can you say hearsay??

how is she "tainted"?
  • DaneDillinger
    DaneDillinger Posts: 70 Member
    Options

Now, now, no need to bring Tim Tebow into this discussion...
  • Laces_0ut
    Options

yeah im sure she'd purger herself....
  • AngryDiet
    Options

can you say hearsay??

Hearsay is information gathered by one person from another person concerning some event, condition, or thing of which the first person had no direct experience.

So if she says it under oath or whatnot, it's not hearsay. Because she claims to have heard it first hand. It's testimony.
  • Jacks039
    Options
    Though he might have cheated, he did raise millions of dollars towards cancer research.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    so if he's innocent hes going to let them strip him of everything he's won? nobody would do that. nobody would give you their legacy.

but he's never failed a test...and he's been fighting this for years...do you have that kind of cash to fight this fight with a panel of lawyer till the end of time?

He has a family to support and his charity...him dropping the matter may have nothing to do with innocence or guilt but rather to do with economics...

economics drive these issues more than we know...
  • AngryDiet
    Options

yeah im sure she'd purger herself....

If she wanted to hurt him badly enough, anything is possible. POSSIBLE I said.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    so if he's innocent hes going to let them strip him of everything he's won? nobody would do that. nobody would give you their legacy.

but he's never failed a test...and he's been fighting this for years...do you have that kind of cash to fight this fight with a panel of lawyer till the end of time?

He has a family to support and his charity...him dropping the matter may have nothing to do with innocence or guilt but rather to do with economics...

he will never have a real endorsement again...id bet thats more money than he will spend on these lawyers.
  • AngryDiet
    Options

They claim he had $125,000 to suppress a failed drug test.
  • AngryDiet
    Options
    Nevermind me.

I fell of a bike when I was 12 and now I hate Lance Armstrong.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    I'm actually kind of pissed that my (and your) tax dollars have been spend on this. I am also pissed that the USADA exists at all. I do not think we should be paying so beaurocratic blowhards money to pretend they are the governing body of all sports. Like one poster said, them stripping his titles is like me saying I'm stripping their titles.

This is from the USADA's web site: "The U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) is the national anti-doping organization for the Olympic movement in the United States. The U.S. Congress recognized USADA as "the official anti-doping agency for Olympic, Pan American and Paralympic sport in the United States."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the last time I checked the Tour de France is not part of the Olympics.
    Agreed. Millions have been spent on trying to convict sports athletes for doping and trying to jail them. How many have actually gone to jail? ZERO.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • dayone987
    dayone987 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    In this day and age "enhancement" is what EVERYONE does. Even the average person. Tiger Woods had to wear corrective lenses till he had Lasik. Depth perception is important in golf, so by getting it done is it considered cheating? Or how about the the swimmer who can afford a "slick suit" competing against one that can't afford one?
    Elite competitors go beyond what the person would do to win, with training, nutrition, and yes enhancement.
    Get this, if competitive bodybuilders (excluding some natural ones) were to be tested for steroids, they will find a way to pass the test. Now if they can pass a test, even if we couldn't prove guilt, how likely are we to believe it?
    Personally I believe Armstrong did enhance. You don't win that many in a row without some help.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

My thought is that it is considered cheating if there are explicit rules against whatever. I don't think the PGA has a rule aginst lenses or Lasik so no Tiger didn't cheat (at golf anyway, lol)
  • AngryDiet
    Options
    Though he might have cheated, he did raise millions of dollars towards cancer research.

Do you think that if I raised enough money for cancer I could kill a guy?
  • hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    My god! The poor man has been fighting this allegation for 10 years. Perhaps he is just DONE fighting over something so trivial in comparison to his and other's fight for cancer.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options

Do you think that if I raised enough money for cancer I could kill a guy?

Depends on who you would like to kill.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    I think you're quite ignorant to imply that he said something he clearly did not.