Lance Armstrong admits to cheating.

Options

Replies

• CindyAU08
    Options
    Who is responsible for the false headline? He NEVER admitted to cheating.
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    If he did not cheat and is just giving up on the issue, he lacks principle. I would have more respect for him if he came out and admitted to cheating, if that is the case. I tend to believe it is. However, I cannot fault a cancer survivor with one testicle trying to regain a competitive edge in one of the most grueling endurance races in the world.

Does having two testicles help when riding a bike? I'm in a world of hurt then, having none :(
  • CindyAU08
    Options
    Are you responsible for this false headline? He never admitted to cheating. Check your source.
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    so if he's innocent hes going to let them strip him of everything he's won? nobody would do that. nobody would give you their legacy.

Yes, someone would if they had enough. He is not admitting to cheating, but sometimes it's not worth the fight. How much longer is it going to take him away from what he really wants to be doing? Is it really worth it?
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I don't think he's admitted to cheating, I think he's said he's tired of wasting his life battling the issue. This has been going on a LONG time. Dude survived cancer, what's the point of that if he just has to deal with this FOREVER? If he did dope, it's going to come out eventually. Realistically, though if they had real evidence it would have come out by now -- don't you think?
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    Who is responsible for the false headline? He NEVER admitted to cheating.

me like i said if youd actually read...it was a mistake...i read this somewhere else and copied it over. but MFP and their weird software wont let you edit it.
  • sunrise611
    sunrise611 Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Even if he did and admitted to doing it ... that is shocking because ... ????
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Dropping the witch hunt, where there has been no proof of evidence other than hearsay, is not Cheating. Way to blow the post OP

At some point, you do have to say enough....or you continue to be harassed.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    Dropping the witch hunt, where there has been no proof of evidence other than hearsay, is not Cheating. Way to blow the post OP

At some point, you do have to say enough....or you continue to be harassed.
    '
    its not a witch hunt when he's guilty.
  • yowza101
    yowza101 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    How many years have this been going on? How many test did he take that was negative? How much money is he spending on keeping his attorney on this? How much time is it taking away from his family and maybe having to reschedule his life for court dates? Did he or didn't he? Do I care? Not really. To many other things going on in this world that needs more attention. Is this sad, yes it is because of his legacy and all the work he put into his training, etc. He have moved on to the next chapter of his life. I don't call him a quitter, he's just tired of fighting, arguing, ect. over this. If he's ever positively proven guilty then that's another issue but so far he has not purged himself because all of his test were negative. They are going on what other people have said. Is this a witch hunt of jealously, who knows. Will the truth ever come out, who knows.

The big question... why do Miss Vickies Salt and Vinegar chips taste so good...???? Hmmm.....
  • DaneDillinger
    DaneDillinger Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Are you responsible for this false headline? He never admitted to cheating. Check your source.

Yes, the headline is the op's interpretation of the story, not literal fact. But how many people go to a social fitness site for their hard-hitting news? It's like reading my 8 year old niece's school newspaper op/ed piece on the preponderance of the evidence against Armstrong- you know it's not going to be dead on balls accurate going into it...
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    I love how the defenders automatically go to 'those guys accusing him are just mean and lying and trying to get ahead!' To that group ... you realize that some of these guys are admitting they did this stuff right alongside Armstrong, right? They are hitting themselves here. And hincapie is universally liked and respected in cycling. So now just because he tells the truth under oath, he's a lying liar? Come on, now. It comes off like if jesus christ himself were testifying, people would accuse him of being angry that lance was stealing too much of his spotlight or something.

Every single witness in this case is tainted in some way. Especially the legal team

Jose canseco was tainted. He is a blowhard. And it seems like he is probably an *kitten*-hole. Didn't make what he said happened any less true.
  • tsh0ck
    Options
    I love how the defenders automatically go to 'those guys accusing him are just mean and lying and trying to get ahead!' To that group ... you realize that some of these guys are admitting they did this stuff right alongside Armstrong, right? They are hitting themselves here. And hincapie is universally liked and respected in cycling. So now just because he tells the truth under oath, he's a lying liar? Come on, now. It comes off like if jesus christ himself were testifying, people would accuse him of being angry that lance was stealing too much of his spotlight or something.

Every single witness in this case is tainted in some way. Especially the legal team

what about the woman who says she heard him list his use of PEDs to a doctor?

can you say hearsay??

I can ... but can you define it? Because this isn't it.
  • tsh0ck
    Options

Is that a bitter ex-wife?

yeah im sure she'd purger herself....

If she wanted to hurt him badly enough, anything is possible. POSSIBLE I said.

She is the wife of a friend. Who also said he was there when the admission took place.
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Nothing he could do would convince these people he didn't cheat... so as far as I'm concerned he is moving on with his life, not quiting and until he fails a test or admits he cheated he earned his accomplishments in my mind.
  • anneerick
    anneerick Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    The topic was an opps. Read the thread and you'll see that stated.

As I have said,

Honestly. Do you think with ZERO evidence they would strip him.... come on people. They are not stripping an international icon and amazing athlete, if they got nothing.

Yes, Lance has done some amazing things in his life, and that's wonderful but it doesn't come into play with this subject. Same goes for the not so nice personal life issues, as well as the theory "if everyones doing it, I can do it"

He tested positive to 3 tests. However, after a large donation made by Lance to the laboratory..... only 1 test could be found.
    10 of his ex -team mates at this time are willing to testify against him. Armstrong sued to block the case against him, but his suit was rejected Monday. Instead of having the world listen to ALL the testimony, he’s decided to let his legacy fall where it may.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Since there are only a select few who actually know the truth, this debate won't be settled on a weight loss forum. Even if he did use performance enhancers,so did a majority of other riders. That still makes him the best of the best 7 years in a row.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    Since there are only a select few who actually know the truth, this debate won't be settled on a weight loss forum. Even if he did use performance enhancers,so did a majority of other riders. That still makes him the best of the best 7 years in a row.

true. he's the best cheater cycling has ever known.
  • anneerick
    anneerick Posts: 147 Member
    Options

Is that a bitter ex-wife?

yeah im sure she'd purger herself....

If she wanted to hurt him badly enough, anything is possible. POSSIBLE I said.

She is the wife of a friend. Who also said he was there when the admission took place.

This cracks me up. Oh the conspiracy theory. Everyone is out to get Armstrong... including the legal team.......all liars!!

AND (shhh this is a secret, cause there watching us), Aliens are among us and Maury Povich is ONE OF THEM
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    so if he's innocent hes going to let them strip him of everything he's won? nobody would do that. nobody would give you their legacy.

I work in the legal field, criminal law in particular. There are numerous times when innocent people get wrongly convicted, and guilty people walk free, its the way the US justice system works.

I have a lot of respect for him basically saying to the 'governing body', screw you, I know what I've done right, wrong, or indifferent, but the fight just needed to end at some point so that everyone could move on. He still is an incredible athlete IMO, has done a lot for sport, fitness, and cancer, and health in general.

One of my favorite quotes from one of our state prosecutors was "If you're looking for justice in the justice system, this is not the place to get it". SO True.