you wont miss Mcdonalds after you read this.

Options

Replies

• MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Mmmm I could just eat one lol
  • davidmcgowan1987
    Options
    ok, so you do realise that mcdonalds (at least the uk version, cant speak for any other country) use chicken breast right?

also its illegal to use the guts and eyes (aka offal) without declaring so on the packaging or website,

and mechanically reclaimed meat does not just grind the bones into it (its filtered through a mesh), nor is it soaked in ammonia as the cooking process would kill the bacteria afterward anyway.

that said, MCM (mechanically reclaimed meat) is unpleasant and does damage the meat fibres significantly... however, any chicken product you buy in a supermarket that does not still look like parts from a chicken, will be minced which causes much the same damage to the muscle fibres.

bear in mind i used to work for them so i know what is on the legal declarations of ingredients (also i no longer work for them and have no vested interest in you eating there or not) personally i feed the chicken nuggets to my 4 year old if we are out and he is hungry as it is chicken breast meat (you can tell from the texture, and as a former chef i would be able to tell) and fairly healthy in smaller portions (he will have 4 or 5 nuggets but no fries and a drink, usually some kind of fruit juice.

stop bashing on mcdonalds, and stop listening to anything in american news media as its all rubbish, there are no journalistic integrity laws like there are in the uk so they print whatever sells papers/adverts
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,668 Member
    Options
    All processed foods are.... PROCESSED. They are full of gross things (who hasn't gotten an unsavory icky in a chicken nugget or a bk burger?!) I haven't eaten fast food in three years and it really helped get rid of all of my stomach problems (even though I rarely ate it back then, it still wrecked my body when I did). We all know that fast food is terrible for us. Even chick-fil-a chicken noodle soup (should be simple, hearty, and good for you) is loaded with sodium, words you can't pronounce (probably preservatives but who knows). I just wish these places HAD to display the calories/fat and INGREDIENTS on the menus. It would really make people think twice. There's so much they get away with, it's really ridiculous.
    If that were true, then people who by cereals, TV dinners, etc. should think twice since all the info is on the box. Apparently it doesn't make them think twice since the percentage rate for people who don't eat fast food who are overweight is about the same.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I hate when people put up these stupid source challenges when someone posts some information they think people might be interested in reading. If it really interests you to know, find out. Its not the OP's job to CONVINCE you what they're saying is true, they are just sharing something they learned which they thought could be useful.
    You obviously don't know how debate works. Yes, it's up to the person making the claim to prove the claim. If you can't back up something you say with proof, then you shouldn't be saying it. The simple fact is, the OP's entire post is FALSE. It's basically libel. According to you, I can just make up whatever I want and say all kinds of horrible things about yourself, and it's perfectly ok. Do you not see how wrong that is?
  • MrsBioChem
    MrsBioChem Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=S9B7im8aQjo#!

I almost vomited the first time I watched this. One of the factors that led me to become vegetarian!
    Just hope you never discover what your store bought vegetables products go through. It's not limited to meat supplies

Bahaha, I was a Production Agriculture student (farming). I know what you are taking about!
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    .... We all know that fast food is terrible for us. ...

no, we don't. and no, it isn't. at least, not in moderation.
  • tigersword
    Options
    All processed foods are.... PROCESSED. They are full of gross things (who hasn't gotten an unsavory icky in a chicken nugget or a bk burger?!) I haven't eaten fast food in three years and it really helped get rid of all of my stomach problems (even though I rarely ate it back then, it still wrecked my body when I did). We all know that fast food is terrible for us. Even chick-fil-a chicken noodle soup (should be simple, hearty, and good for you) is loaded with sodium, words you can't pronounce (probably preservatives but who knows). I just wish these places HAD to display the calories/fat and INGREDIENTS on the menus. It would really make people think twice. There's so much they get away with, it's really ridiculous.
    Do you have any idea how many "unpronounceable" chemical names are in fruits?

Check this out.
    Water, glucose, fructose, galactose, phenolic glycosides, 6-deoxyaldohexoses (fuctose and rhamnose), saccharose, galacturonans, (1-4) linked D-galactopiranuronic acid, pectin, pectinic acids, polygalacturonic acids, pectinestarase, Citric Acid, L-Malic Acid, D-Isocitric Acid, Oxalic Acid, Succinic Acid, Malonic Acid, Quinic Acid, Tartaric Acid, Adipic Acid, 2-ketogluratic Acid, praline, asparagines, aspartic acid, serine, glutamic acid and arginine. oxidoreductases, transferases, hydrolases and lyases, isomerases and ligases, glucosilglucerides, Carotenoids, tetraterpenes, limonin, aslimonoic acid A-ring lactone, neohesperidosides, flavones (3-hydroxyflavanones, 3-dydroxyflavones, O-glycosyl, aglycones C-glycosylflavones, Anthocyanins, (hesperidin, naringin, poncirin, neoheriocitrin, neohesperidin, rhoifolin, rutin, diosmin, sinensetin, auranetin, tangeritin, hydroxyethylrutinosideres, nobiletin cyanidin-3-glucoside, cyanidina-3.5-diglucoside, peonidin-5-glucoside, delphinidin-3-glucoside, petunidin-3-glucoside, Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid), Pholacine, Vitamin B6, Thiamine, Riboflavin, Biotin, Pantotenic acid, Vitamin A.

That's the "ingredients list" in an orange. Lots of words you can't pronounce there, right? I guess it must be "full of gross things," I guess. Just because you can't pronounce a word, or because you don't know the chemical name for something, doesn't mean it's bad or unhealthy, or unnatural. It's just a scientific, chemical term.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options

Check this out.
    Water, glucose, fructose, galactose, phenolic glycosides, 6-deoxyaldohexoses (fuctose and rhamnose), saccharose, galacturonans, (1-4) linked D-galactopiranuronic acid, pectin, pectinic acids, polygalacturonic acids, pectinestarase, Citric Acid, L-Malic Acid, D-Isocitric Acid, Oxalic Acid, Succinic Acid, Malonic Acid, Quinic Acid, Tartaric Acid, Adipic Acid, 2-ketogluratic Acid, praline, asparagines, aspartic acid, serine, glutamic acid and arginine. oxidoreductases, transferases, hydrolases and lyases, isomerases and ligases, glucosilglucerides, Carotenoids, tetraterpenes, limonin, aslimonoic acid A-ring lactone, neohesperidosides, flavones (3-hydroxyflavanones, 3-dydroxyflavones, O-glycosyl, aglycones C-glycosylflavones, Anthocyanins, (hesperidin, naringin, poncirin, neoheriocitrin, neohesperidin, rhoifolin, rutin, diosmin, sinensetin, auranetin, tangeritin, hydroxyethylrutinosideres, nobiletin cyanidin-3-glucoside, cyanidina-3.5-diglucoside, peonidin-5-glucoside, delphinidin-3-glucoside, petunidin-3-glucoside, Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid), Pholacine, Vitamin B6, Thiamine, Riboflavin, Biotin, Pantotenic acid, Vitamin A.

That's the "ingredients list" in an orange. Lots of words you can't pronounce there, right? I guess it must be "full of gross things," I guess. Just because you can't pronounce a word, or because you don't know the chemical name for something, doesn't mean it's bad or unhealthy, or unnatural. It's just a scientific, chemical term.

tiger-yes-high-five-35492536785.jpeg
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

Check this out.

Nicely done.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options

Check this out.

Holy *kitten*! That's what's in an orange. Fvck that! I gotta stop eating those processed oranges with all those chemicals!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options

Check this out.

22750230.jpg
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Don't care. McDonalds is delicious, I will never stop eating there, and it hasn't made me a fatass either. I wouldn't eat there every day for every meal, but it's not going to hurt me or anyone else to eat there once in a while... jeez enough already with the demonizing of McDonalds.
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    ok, so you do realise that mcdonalds (at least the uk version, cant speak for any other country) use chicken breast right?

also its illegal to use the guts and eyes (aka offal) without declaring so on the packaging or website,

and mechanically reclaimed meat does not just grind the bones into it (its filtered through a mesh), nor is it soaked in ammonia as the cooking process would kill the bacteria afterward anyway.

that said, MCM (mechanically reclaimed meat) is unpleasant and does damage the meat fibres significantly... however, any chicken product you buy in a supermarket that does not still look like parts from a chicken, will be minced which causes much the same damage to the muscle fibres.

bear in mind i used to work for them so i know what is on the legal declarations of ingredients (also i no longer work for them and have no vested interest in you eating there or not) personally i feed the chicken nuggets to my 4 year old if we are out and he is hungry as it is chicken breast meat (you can tell from the texture, and as a former chef i would be able to tell) and fairly healthy in smaller portions (he will have 4 or 5 nuggets but no fries and a drink, usually some kind of fruit juice.

stop bashing on mcdonalds, and stop listening to anything in american news media as its all rubbish, there are no journalistic integrity laws like there are in the uk so they print whatever sells papers/adverts

hodeho Harry.... yes of course we have the most responsible press
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options

Right about now, I know what you’re gonna ask. “Hey Bruce? How do they get rid of the freakish pink color?”

Nope. My question: hey Bruce? Why is your MFP name Powergirl123?

AHAHAHA that was my question too!
  • DAM_Fine
    DAM_Fine Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options

Check this out.

Are these ingredients listed as usual? Largest quantity to smallest? That is so cool! I thought an orange would be mostly fructose. Is it a significantly higher percentage of glucose? If so, it goes back on my list. I've been avoiding anything with high fructose. If you have a list of any other fresh fruits that are higher in glucose. I would be very happy if you could PM me with it.
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Last time I ate there I couldn't hold it down. Now I can never eat there again. I am not too upset by this.
  • Presleyforpresident
    Options
    ick, i cut fast food out of my diet years and years ago because it always made me run for a bathroom like 10-15 minutes after i finished eating.
  • tigersword
    Options

Check this out.

tiger-yes-high-five-35492536785.jpeg
    I am so saving this pic.
  • NYChick84
    NYChick84 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I am so thankful I am repulsed by fast foods!! This is horrifying...
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I am so thankful I am repulsed by fast foods!! This is horrifying...

Read the entire thread, please.