you wont miss Mcdonalds after you read this.

Options

Replies

• VeggieKidMandy
    VeggieKidMandy Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    mc donalds....one of the main reasons I went vegan. lol
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    All processed foods are.... PROCESSED. They are full of gross things (who hasn't gotten an unsavory icky in a chicken nugget or a bk burger?!) I haven't eaten fast food in three years and it really helped get rid of all of my stomach problems (even though I rarely ate it back then, it still wrecked my body when I did). We all know that fast food is terrible for us. Even chick-fil-a chicken noodle soup (should be simple, hearty, and good for you) is loaded with sodium, words you can't pronounce (probably preservatives but who knows). I just wish these places HAD to display the calories/fat and INGREDIENTS on the menus. It would really make people think twice. There's so much they get away with, it's really ridiculous.
    Do you have any idea how many "unpronounceable" chemical names are in fruits?

Check this out.
    Water, glucose, fructose, galactose, phenolic glycosides, 6-deoxyaldohexoses (fuctose and rhamnose), saccharose, galacturonans, (1-4) linked D-galactopiranuronic acid, pectin, pectinic acids, polygalacturonic acids, pectinestarase, Citric Acid, L-Malic Acid, D-Isocitric Acid, Oxalic Acid, Succinic Acid, Malonic Acid, Quinic Acid, Tartaric Acid, Adipic Acid, 2-ketogluratic Acid, praline, asparagines, aspartic acid, serine, glutamic acid and arginine. oxidoreductases, transferases, hydrolases and lyases, isomerases and ligases, glucosilglucerides, Carotenoids, tetraterpenes, limonin, aslimonoic acid A-ring lactone, neohesperidosides, flavones (3-hydroxyflavanones, 3-dydroxyflavones, O-glycosyl, aglycones C-glycosylflavones, Anthocyanins, (hesperidin, naringin, poncirin, neoheriocitrin, neohesperidin, rhoifolin, rutin, diosmin, sinensetin, auranetin, tangeritin, hydroxyethylrutinosideres, nobiletin cyanidin-3-glucoside, cyanidina-3.5-diglucoside, peonidin-5-glucoside, delphinidin-3-glucoside, petunidin-3-glucoside, Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid), Pholacine, Vitamin B6, Thiamine, Riboflavin, Biotin, Pantotenic acid, Vitamin A.

That's the "ingredients list" in an orange. Lots of words you can't pronounce there, right? I guess it must be "full of gross things," I guess. Just because you can't pronounce a word, or because you don't know the chemical name for something, doesn't mean it's bad or unhealthy, or unnatural. It's just a scientific, chemical term.

I <3 U
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    6000chickenfajitas.gif
  • Birdie
    Birdie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Watch supersize me a Mcdonalds experiment... will shock you to the core! x

Watch Fat Head... they took Morgans numbers and found that he couldn't have possibly eaten what he said he did if he was indead eating everything on the menu everyday. They asked him to show his journals and prove his caloric intake. He wouldn't do it. I'm not saying MD's is good for you. Far from it. But supersize me is nothing more than propaganda for shock value. He succeeded in getting rid of "supersize" meals, yet obesity is still a problem. I guess he didn't have all the answers after all.
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    In France they call it Chicken Royale.

I wanna quarter pounder now.
  • leodru
    leodru Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Offal isn't allowed in meat - the eyes, bones etc. Yeah we shouldn't eat McDonald's but people do - at least the calorie count is available - go to some of the eat in restaurants and get a Pad Thai with 1200 plus calories without even knowing it. Moderation is key- well the truth on things ever now and again is good too.
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    It's good thing that our bodies know how to break down food and absorb the simple forms from it correctly. It doesn't know the difference between an organic cooked thigh, or one from KFC. It just utilizes the calories and macronutrients/micronutrients dealt to it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Good for a laugh, which I presume is what it's for

I'll just go and eat 12 kilo of magarine and a kilo of salt then everyday for a few months. My body will deal with with it just... fine
    Um, what? Did you even read what was written before you made that ridiculous, over the top, hyperbolic comment? Chicken is chicken, the source doesn't matter, the human body digests it the same way.

I've heard hyperbolic chicken is the only reliable source of protein.
  • Tallblondechick
    Options
    I can honestly say I have eaten a Mc D hamburger only once in my life. It was the most horrible hamburger I have ever eaten. That was about 40 years ago. Nuggets from MC D NEVER!
    Now for some reason no matter how bad it is...I love the sausage egg and cheese biscuit in the morning.
  • TinGirl314
    TinGirl314 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    You know...about a month ago I would be agreeing with the people who are saying 'It can't be that bad.' 'Everyone eats there' but the proof is in the pudding. After I stopped eating fast food all together (With the occasional slide of subway egg and spinach flatbread o.x) I didn't really want it anymore. It looked gross...

My friend bought me a double cheeseburger one night cause my food got stolen at work and I just felt...
    Sick.
    Ow.
    Thissucks.

So I don't care how they prepare it, I don't care if the chickens are seeing rainbows and sunshine their whole life.
    It's just not worth it.

Ew.
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    I don't care who Bruce is, I don't care who you are... But I appreciate that you are trying to help :) Thank you for that!! ... what I need is someone who has dirt on the Double Cheese Burger. I don't eat nuggets... mostly because the name just insinuates NUGGET, of gross stuff. Make me feel bad about double cheese burger :) That's what I need! BC I head into Mcd's once a week for one of those :(
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I didn't even read the OP, but I haven't had mcdonalds in over 2 years and I have never ever missed it at all..............I don't need to read any articles about the food, I just think its nasty as hell anyway.
  • DavisAlex
    DavisAlex Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You have been served…………with mechanically separated chicken! Over a billion sold!
    This is what fast-food chicken nuggets, processed frozen chicken meat, and patties are made of. BARF!!!!!
    Here’s the creation process. What they do is take parts of a chicken and put it through this machine that mechanically separate the meat from the bone. Unfortunately, that doesn’t happen. What it does instead is smash EVERYTHING including the bones, eyes and guts making it come out looking like the picture above.
    Since this meat is infested with bacteria, it will be soaked in ammonia in order to kill those little critters. But who wants ammonia nuggets? Not I and I’m sure you don’t want any either. So in order to mask the ammonia taste, they season it with a **** load of artificial flavors. [Yup, that will do it]
    Right about now, I know what you’re gonna ask. “Hey Bruce? How do they get rid of the freakish pink color?”
    Dude? That’s what dye is for. So in order to get people to devour this crap, they dye it with artificial colors in order to give it that white texture.

Here’s the deal with mechanically separated meat. [I’m going to call it MSM for short because I don’t have that much time on my hands.] MSM is a paste like substance that is created by forcing part of an animal carcass into the sleeve of a machine called “Meat Deboner”.
    HA! Meat De-BONER!
    Ok, where was I? Oh yeah! I was talking about boners the meat deboner machine. So they cram the animal parts into this machine, which grinds up the animal carcasses into a big glob of reddish mush!

it's been so, so long since i've eaten this ****. so the mcchicken and chicken nuggets are essentially the bones, guts, meat and eyes of chickens mashed together and then dipped in ammonia to kill off bacteria and then smothered with artificial flavors and preservatives to give them a less ammonia-y flavor? i used to love the mcchicken! damn, man.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    You have been served…………with mechanically separated chicken! Over a billion sold!
    This is what fast-food chicken nuggets, processed frozen chicken meat, and patties are made of. BARF!!!!!
    Here’s the creation process. What they do is take parts of a chicken and put it through this machine that mechanically separate the meat from the bone. Unfortunately, that doesn’t happen. What it does instead is smash EVERYTHING including the bones, eyes and guts making it come out looking like the picture above.
    Since this meat is infested with bacteria, it will be soaked in ammonia in order to kill those little critters. But who wants ammonia nuggets? Not I and I’m sure you don’t want any either. So in order to mask the ammonia taste, they season it with a **** load of artificial flavors. [Yup, that will do it]
    Right about now, I know what you’re gonna ask. “Hey Bruce? How do they get rid of the freakish pink color?”
    Dude? That’s what dye is for. So in order to get people to devour this crap, they dye it with artificial colors in order to give it that white texture.

Here’s the deal with mechanically separated meat. [I’m going to call it MSM for short because I don’t have that much time on my hands.] MSM is a paste like substance that is created by forcing part of an animal carcass into the sleeve of a machine called “Meat Deboner”.
    HA! Meat De-BONER!
    Ok, where was I? Oh yeah! I was talking about boners the meat deboner machine. So they cram the animal parts into this machine, which grinds up the animal carcasses into a big glob of reddish mush!

it's been so, so long since i've eaten this ****. so the mcchicken and chicken nuggets are essentially the bones, guts, meat and eyes of chickens mashed together and then dipped in ammonia to kill off bacteria and then smothered with artificial flavors and preservatives to give them a less ammonia-y flavor? i used to love the mcchicken! damn, man.
    Nope, that's a myth.
  • DavisAlex
    Options

HA! Meat De-BONER!

Nope, that's a myth.

phew. we can all at least agree that this food will make you fat? nothing good about any fast food.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    phew. we can all at least agree that this food will make you fat? nothing good about any fast food.
    No. We can't agree on that either. Chicken nuggets don't make you fat. Eating ALL the chicken nuggets (or free range natural organic chicken baked with no seasonings or flavors) and then sitting on your *kitten* makes you fat.

There is lots good about fast food. Just don't eat all of it.
  • fraser112
    fraser112 Posts: 405
    Options
    No. We can't agree on that either. Chicken nuggets don't make you fat. Eating ALL the chicken nuggets (or free range natural organic chicken baked with no seasonings or flavors) and then sitting on your *kitten* makes you fat.

No one food makes you fat
    eating like pig makes you fat

article-0-0D58F4B3000005DC-965_468x513.jpg
    You can easily get this big from a vegitarian diet never touching fast food.

The reason the world is going to hell is people are not accountable anymore.
    Rape someone? you have a mental disorder
    Murder your sister and mother? oh its not your fault its mental illness
    Gain 500 pounds? oh its my thiroid not the 5000 cals i shovel down my gullet.
    Label everything and give people an excuse. Depresses me
  • apponly
    apponly Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I don't eat fast food, and very rarely at restaurants, because I spent my teen years working for them and I saw the things that went on in the background to cover up for excess waste in inventory and sheer carelessness.

No matter how strong or well enforced the food safety regulations may be that have gone into effect in the years that followed, I can't do it. No one can possibly be watching and enforcing the rules all the time.

Fat is the least of my fears of what I might get out of fast food.
  • DavisAlex
    Options

great point. eating mcdonalds and not exercising is a recipe for disaster, or any high calorie food for that matter.
  • lorrainzander
    lorrainzander Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My daughter ( who doesn't eat meat) showed me this funny youtube video last night about how a Mcdonald's hamburger and french fries didn't decompose after four years, it's pretty wild.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IGtDPG4UfI

You might want to skip some of the boring interviewy stuff. But at the end she shows what a Mcdonald's french fry looks like after a while and a regular old potato.

These threads are so funny, what a great way to start the morning!
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Was this thread really that debatable that you had to revive it after it sat dead and dormant for 2 months???