Amigas Fuerte - Strong Girlfriends

Options

Replies

• sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Spicy, thanks for the article!! I especially love the idea of cutting your own deli meat from your own grilled, boneless, skinless meats!
  • nicolet04
    Options
    gotta make it quick today cause the hubby is not in the best mood and me being on the computer will probably make it worse...went to a circuit class (500 cal) and then walked for an hour (300 cal)

ill try and type more tomorrow..off to do some "homework" and get ready for school!! have a great night!!
  • macobb21
    macobb21 Posts: 119
    Options
    Today I only did level 2 of 30 Day Shred. Not feeling too motivated to do anything. Being stuck in the house all day watching the kids is really getting to me, I need a break.
  • KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!!!

Yesterday was such a busy day! It was my oldest daughters 7th birthday :happy: She has two hours of skate practice for her competition this weekend and before that she had to get some dental work done :cry: what a crappy way to spend your birthday! She had to teeth that were not holding the fillings they put in so she had to get them capped. She did get a nice milk shake after (something that is sooooooooo rare for them). Today I have to lift and I am going to do an extra cardio for having to miss this coming Saturday. Found out that Kayla has to be to rink at 7am for a practice before she her competition at 11:15!! WTH that is sooo early in the morning, we have to leave our house at 615am. I have not done well with my food at all!!! I am so hungry and not making the greatest choices. TOM is here for me (supposed to start friday) and this month has been bad with all the added stress :sad: I am going to change it TODAY!

Macobb21- We all have days like that! It is GREAT that you still did something, better then doing nothing!

Nicole- Great burn!! Hope you had a good night at school :smile:

Sandy- It was me that asked about the video. Hmmmm not sure if i can handle her trying to be nice I want a butt kickin lol. Your class sounds great! I wish I could join a class I bet I would get a lot out of it. Right now I have to focus on getting into my new house and spending big bucks on Kayla's ice skating. Plus my kids can't stand the nursery at the gym (mostly baby stuff in there). I should be getting p90X by March 2nd. I am so excited to start it. As much as I love Chalean Extreme after 6 months I need a change!

Spicy- I saved that link so I can look at it when I have more then 5 minutes to sit at the computer. That is great that you have been staying in your MC's!!! Sometimes tricking your body is a good thing :wink:

Make it a GREAT day Amigas!!

Amanda :flowerforyou:
  • sanifrey
    Options
    Hola Amigas!!

My workout last night was great!! Our instructor did interval training & she really, really keeps the heart rate way up!! I was feeling sore by bedtime!! But, I was all ready & pumped for more step aerobics this morning - NOT!!!! Linda, snuck in that stinking circuit training on me AGAIN!! I love/hate circuit training!! I feel so strong afterwards, but I feel like I'm dying the whole time! My body will thank me later... .. much later! :laugh:

Amanda, you hang in there girl!! Don't let this TOM & house stress get to you! You can do it!! I'm so excited for you to be getting your P90X!! It's going to be awesome!! I'm going to look into my 100 push up challenge again. I did it last year, about this time & it did wonders for my arms & shoulders! With spring & summer right around the corner, I'd really like to show off the gunnage!! LOL!!!!!! :wink: :laugh: :tongue: Speaking of, you are going to be so cut after P90X - make sure you take pictures!!!

Megan, you poor thing! I know exactly how you feel!! I desperately need my 3x a week step aerobics just for a reason to get out of the house & focus on me for a bit. Do you have any options like that? How about a library program?? My girls just love the library programs we have for tots & preschoolers. They're usually free of charge as well! Sometimes it helps just to have a reason to get out! I can't wait for spring time when we can get back outside to play!

Spicy, how you holding up?? Are you still diva-fied? How did Zumba go this week??

Nicole, kick butt!!

Gotta run - Gabby's up from her nap!!

:heart: Sandy
  • nicolet04
    Options
    hey buddies!! went to kettle bells today (350) then zumba (430.) i am going strong with no sugar and no fast food and ok with not eating past 815...it was 830 last night cause we got our break a little late!

seems like u all r doing well, keep it up!!!

megan- come to the gym with me, its a nice break!!!
  • macobb21
    Options
    No workout today. I'll do extra tomorrow to catch up on my weekly goals. Thank you all for the support.

Nicole I would love to come to the gym with you. I'll have to plan a day in advance, let me know what times you go. I wanna try the kettlebells.

Sanifrey that interval training sounds rough. We do have library programs. I should look into them.

KZO Congrats on your daughters B-Day, they grow up so fast. I hate waking up early, but it's nice that you have your kids involved in activities.

Have a great night girls.
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Morning Buddies!

Sandy - You remembered my Zumba... you really hold me accountable Amiga :bigsmile: Thanks for that :flowerforyou: Yes Momma, I went to Zumba last night :happy: I get there ready for the 7:00 class... It's been changed to 7:30 :noway: I get on the stationery bike for 25 minutes... serves me right for slacking on my workouts :laugh: burned about 750 calories total, logged 650. Felt good too :bigsmile: It seemed really long since I've been to the gym :embarassed: but I was just there on Saturday :laugh: That Circuit Training sounds tough, but exactly what you need in maintenance, throw in that "Push-up" Challenge = 1 Buff Momma :wink:

Amanda - Your household is so exciting :smile: House Hunting, Competitions to Win, PX90 is coming... I want some excitement in my life too :happy: My last adventure was planting Caladiums in the park :laugh: Not exactly exciting. Definately don't forget to take pics Before and After PX90.

Nicole - You are loving that Kettle Ball class :bigsmile: I'm glad you have such a Variety of classes at your gym... whatever happened to the "pole or belly dancing" ?? can't remember which it was.

Macobb - You definately need to look into making time for yourself :flowerforyou: Great Idea from Nicole... You should go try that Kettle ball class. Have you finished all the GED tests?

Last night I found myself having a "mental argument" finding every excuse why Not to exercise :noway: I had to keep repeating to myself "I always have a great time at Zumba, don't regret it later". I don't know why, but I'm not enjoying going to the gym as much as I used to :indifferent: ... I'm feeling like I need a Change lately... last time I felt that way I bought a new car :noway: :laugh: In No Way am I considering returning to the Sedetary lifestyle of the past... just need a "Jump-start". Maybe a new Goal? IDK :ohwell:

New sneakers and workout gear is about as "crazy" as I can go this time :wink: I feel "ugly" wearing the same old clothes & sneakers for over 1 year, to the gym :embarassed: Or I might invest in some dumbells instead; stay home and workout doing my walking, rollerblading for cardio. I forgot to bring my raggedy gym clothes with me :laugh: Thinking of dusting off Good old Billy Blanks :wink: Or maybe go buy the Wii Fit Plus and see what's up with that... I'm a confused mess today :laugh:

Make it a Great Day Amigas! I will too. :flowerforyou:
  • sanifrey
    Options
    Hola Amigas!

Today is a rest day, I hope that I can stay within my calories - I hate not having that exercise cushion! The girls & I spent the morning at the library. We did both the tots program & the preschool program! Phew!! I'm beat!! I should've worn my HRM!! I spend most of the time trying to get Gabby to cooperate - but mostly keeping her from tearing the place apart! :laugh: I tried to distract Gabby by showing her an earth globe & she got excited & knocked it off the shelf, it feel on the floor with a big bang & rolled down the aisle!! So embarassing!! :blushing: :laugh: :laugh: :tongue:

Spicy, I'm glad to hear that you made it to Zumba & got a great workout on the bike beforehand! I'm sorry that you're struggling with your direction lately. You've come so very far!! You've made it to your goal!! Now's the time to keep at it & work on other things! Can you have your body fat % checked at your gym & aim to lower that? I think that's where my focus is now - well, that & getting back under 145 again - I'm hovering around 148 these last couple of days..... :grumble: But, enough about me - sounds like you could use some new shoes & a new workout wardrobe!! Something to show off all that work you've put in!! You deserve it!! Or, how about some more personal training sessions?? Does your gym have a pool?? Do you swim?? I would love to be able to lap swim - just not an option for me.

Megan, how are things going?? What are your workout plans for the day? Have you made w/o plans with Nicole, yet?? I know it'd do you good!!

Nicole, great workouts! How heavy are the kettlebells you use?? Walmart carries a workout dvd & 5lb kettlebell The Firm workout, I was just wondering if 5lbs is enough....

Amanda, how are you holding up?? I know that your TOM is giving you trouble - have you been able to implement your resolve for better eating this week??? It's really tough! But, it's worth it!! Hang in there!! You can do it!!

Make it a great day!!

:smooched: Sandy
  • nicolet04
    Options
    hey buddies!!! did yoga today (300 cal) and then walked until i got to 200 cal!! i just have not felt like running this week:grumble: it just gets so boring on the track and treadmill! i think i am going to start going early morning outside!! i was really tired today so i just got done with a 20 min nap and it felt amazing!!!! it seems like thursdays i always start to feel it the most!:yawn:

megan- i am going to lift weights at 1015 tomorrow and then zumba at 11 if u want to come! i do kettle bells again tuesday at 9 am! let me know when u want to come...u guys should really get a pass and all come!! chris has been coming with me everyday and that way him and nate can workout while we do our thing!!

spicy- great burn at the gym lat night!!! sorry that ur feeling the way u r... i get that way every couple months and normally thats right about the time i get sick:laugh: so maybe take some time for urself.....have u tried talking to anyone from ur zumba class? i have made some of the best friends from zumba and that keeps me going!! i was doing some dancing, but with school its just too much for me...

sandy- enjoy ur rest day today!! sounds like u got a pretty good workout at the library:laugh: .... i use kettle bells between 8-15lb...i dont think 5 lbs would be heavy enough for as much as we workout...but u could always try them and take them back if its not enough..

amanda- i know u have a busy day today, from ur fb post!! keep up the awesome work!!:drinker:

off to shower and get ready for school!!! have a great night!
  • macobb21
    Options
    Today I did BL Weight Loss Yoga, BL Boot Camp, and 24mins on the treadmill. I could barely eat my breakfast, I kept gagging. I thought I was gonna throw up.

Nicole Thanks for the invite, I didn't read yor post till just now so I wasn't able to make it today. I will Defanately try to make it to kettle bells next week, or maybe something else. Once Nate gets a job we can look into the gym membership.

Sanifrey Thanks a bunch for your support. You seem like a busy mom. It's good that you invest time in you kids. You're gonna do great on those cals today, don't worry.

Spicy Keep your head up you'll find some more motivation. Yes I did finish my GED, and I passed. Thanks for asking.

Have a great night girls and thanks again for all the support.
  • nicolet04
    Options
    Today I did BL Weight Loss Yoga, BL Boot Camp, and 24mins on the treadmill. I could barely eat my breakfast, I kept gagging. I thought I was gonna throw up.

Nicole Thanks for the invite, I didn't read yor post till just now so I wasn't able to make it today. I will Defanately try to make it to kettle bells next week, or maybe something else. Once Nate gets a job we can look into the gym membership.

Sanifrey Thanks a bunch for your support. You seem like a busy mom. It's good that you invest time in you kids. You're gonna do great on those cals today, don't worry.

Spicy Keep your head up you'll find some more motivation. Yes I did finish my GED, and I passed. Thanks for asking.

Have a great night girls and thanks again for all the support.

u should just look into a pass, they go by income, trina pays $13 for a membership for 5 and daycare for 2...totally worth a shot!!
  • spicy618
    Options
    Happy Friday Amigas!!!

My High School girlfriend is driving down this weekend and we're gonna do a "Girl's Night" :bigsmile: Just the thing I need :wink:

Sandy - I can just picture you guys in the Quiet Library and that globe rolling down the Isle :laugh: And everyone looking at YOU, not Gabby. I hope you stayed within your calories... I'm sure you stayed within maintenance :wink: I agree with Nicole... you are beyond 5 lbs of anything :bigsmile: I'm gonna buy some 12 lb. dumbells to start, cause I usually use 10 lbs at the gym, so I'm gonna challenge myself at home. I'm gonna start the Shred... I've only done it 1 time since i got it :embarassed: I really do need to get my new BF%, the last time was Sept. But that Trainer turned out to be a Jerk. Remember when he had stood me up and he said he would give me some additional sessions to make up for it? Well, when it was time to Keep His Word... He actually avoided me. I actually confronted him and told him he was very Unprofessional and Immature to handle things in that manner... He apologized, but that turned me off to the whole Training thing. I did learn how to do the correct form with the weights and what muscle I'm working. That is my second bad experience with a Trainer... an inexpensive trainer that is. I'm sure if I could afford to have a "Certified Trainer" for every workout, it would be worth it.

Nicole - Nice that your YMCA has a "by income" membership :bigsmile: If mine wasn't paid thru my insurance, I don't think I could afford to have a membership these days. So your Hubby has kept with it, Good for you guys... Young, Attractive, Healthy, Smart Couple. I :heart: it . Great Job!

Macobb - Congrats on your GED :flowerforyou: Oh, I hope you treat yourself to some "Mommy time" and go find out about the Reduced Membership. :flowerforyou:

Amanda - How was the Practice for Kayla? Does she have her Routine down? Hope TOM isn't too bad this month... I notice some months are worse than others.

I was a "Lazy Lima Bean" yesterday :laugh: Just stayed home an watched a movie, fell asleep about 8:00 :embarassed: I ate cereal for dinner. :ohwell: I will make up for this weekend :wink:

Make it a Great Day Amigas!!! :flowerforyou:
  • sanifrey
    Options
    Hey Buddies!!

Today was step aerobics - 301 cals burned. The class was cut short a little & we worked on a new routine, so I feel like I couldn't get my heart rate as high as I would have liked. But, I do feel like the new routine hit some different muscles! That's always good!! I think tomorrow I'm going to try to get some running on the treadmill in. I've got my iPod charging now!

Spicy, I'm sorry that your trainer turned out to be a jerk!! That's really too bad! Thanks for you vote of confidence regarding the calories, I could've done better that's for sure! I won't go into the gorey details! The library was a hoot! Fortunately there were 2 other moms with young ones that were busy chasing them around too. But, ya, the globe rolling down the aisle was something I won't soon forget! LOL:laugh:

How about, I am loving this P90X add!! I hope that you girls can see the one they're showing now - the girl's name is Taryn - she looks awesome!!

Nicole, thanks for the kettlebell info!! I did think that 5lbs seemed a little light! I hope you can get into early morning runs! It's totally different running outside!

Megan, sounds like you got some great workouts in!! Keep it up!!

Amanda, I hope everything's going well!! I'm wishing Kayla the best for tomorrow!!

Have a great day & an even better weekend!!

:heart: Sandy
  • nicolet04
    Options
    hey! gotta be quick cause we r going out to celebrate my hubby passing his national emt exam!!! did weights today(75 cal) then zumba (500 cal.)

have a great weekend!!!!
  • macobb21
    Options
    Today I did Tae Bo. Hailee woke up and wouldn't let me do anymore.

Sanifrey that step aerobics class sounds fun and challanging, keep up the good work.

Spicy sorry about the trainer thing. I'm sure you'll do great without one anyway.

Have a great night girls.
  • nicolet04
    Options
    went to zumba and zumba toning today (730 cal burned!!) it would of been higher, but i was 15 min late:grumble:

hope u all have a great weekend!!

megan- next sat night, gno at the balcony!!!
  • macobb21
    Options
    went to zumba and zumba toning today (730 cal burned!!) it would of been higher, but i was 15 min late:grumble:

hope u all have a great weekend!!

megan- next sat night, gno at the balcony!!!
  • macobb21
    Options
    Ok thanks, I'll let you know.
  • spicy618
    Options
    Morning Amigas!

I had a nice weekend with my girlfriend... a little too much :drinker: :laugh: I hope I broke even with my calories this weekend.

Saturday - rollerblading = 600 calories
    Sunday - Walking = 400 calories

I'm definately PMSing this week... expecting TOM on Friday. :ohwell: I have my workout gear with me. Planning on going Rollerblading again.. the weather has been Gorgeous lately. :bigsmile:

Looks like everyone is ON THEIR GAME :happy:

I'm back to curly :ohwell: and will be dedicating this entire month to my workouts and also to my hair... going to use a Repair Conditioning Treatment... when my hair is curly I can apply the treatment to my hair daily and keep it moving, whereas when my hair is straight, I have to wait till I wash it to use a conditioner. I'll call it my "Repair Month" :laugh:

Nicole - Congrats for your Hubby :drinker: Your are still Going STRONG Girl, I don't know where you find the energy for daily workouts, school, kids and Hubby. I wish I had some :laugh:

Amanda- Today you should be getting PX90, right? I know you are sooo ready for it... :laugh: Would you have ever thought you would be so excited over a workout program in the past? How was Kayla's Competition? Was this her first?

Sandy - How was the weekend? How is Hubby doing on his calories? TOM should be over now and taking the water weight gain with it :wink: I can't weigh myself for another 2 weeks :laugh: I saw a funny movie this weekend on DVD... The Invention of Lying. I enjoyed it. :smile: I'm a movie fanatic. :laugh:

Macobb - Glad you were able to get some of your workout in. Did you "check out" the gym?

Okay Ladies it's March 1st and I need a "MONTH LONG" challenge :laugh: What are you Ladies into lately?

I'm gonna commit to 5 Strength Training Hours per week... I really need to tighten up.

BTW, I asked Banks what does he calculate my Maintenance Calories cause I kept coming up with 1,308 :noway: He calculated it to be 1,800.... WHEW! :laugh:

MAKE it a Great Monday Amigas!