Question for all of our MFP Males

Replies

• KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    I did not realize that the majority of MFP members were women!

And, I do not feel like I get any special attention!

But, I am also not among the young, handsome and chiseled! Rather the old, bald & saggy! :-) So perhaps this is why I am so clueless!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,716 Member
    Ask Brett \m/
    This. I'm just here stalking him.
    I hope Brett sees me today....*giggles like a little girl*
    I dont see anyone fawning over smart guys its always Brett and sidesteel and the like... Sorry Brett :)
    Bro, just send me the damn pics and we can put all this behind us and move on.

Every comment from a guy.

I TAKE IT BAAACK!! Ladies please harass, fondle, grope and abuse me as you wish! Better you than these twisted *kitten*!
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    I think there are more males here than females

But hey I can be viewed as a sex object if you want
  • ErB56
    ErB56 Posts: 71 Member
    I am still working on the muscles part and way too old for a 'boyish smile' but I may qualify for the sexy brains part!

I have been on MFP for a while but only recently started participating in the forums, so sadly I have little or no experience with being treated like the 'prom queen' for a change. However, if there is anyone out there interested, I am willing to learn . . . :bigsmile:
  • NostalgicMuse
    NostalgicMuse Posts: 340 Member
    I must hang in the wrong circles cause I dont get Oooggled. I think the women here are more interested in abs then brains and humor.

I dont see anyone fawning over smart guys its always Brett and sidesteel and the like... Sorry Brett :)

ETA Brett has the brains too so may be Im just not up to par
    just saying... for me, the abs etc etc are more intimidating than the brains.... that's where I connect.... Guess I'm an anomaly.
  • Chipmaniac
    Chipmaniac Posts: 642 Member
    Can't answer, I only fit two of the criterion.

yes you can sweetheart, it says OR.
    I think a Venn diagram is in order:

Venn.jpg
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Hell yeah, it's awesome. I'm banging like 35 chicks a week and have all my meals cooked fresh and delivered to my house.

Oh wait, no that's not happening. I do occasionally get a little ego boost, and that is nice. All my MFP friends are awesome like that.
  • I_wanna_live
    I_wanna_live Posts: 227 Member
    I generally get ignored. I guess its because I don't have a shirtless picture. Or I could just be fugly. I have a 150 IQ but let's be honest here, that doesn't count for much in a forum like this.

We should start the ignored club
  • DarthCeltic
    DarthCeltic Posts: 1,236 Member
    im the resident mooby man.. and i say that it is hard, as i frequently get called a girl collector.. but i mean blame the semantics of this site!

I cant help my bowtie does make dudes want to be my friend..

it is what it is..

so.. enjoy the moobs.. and the tassles..
  • NostalgicMuse
    Hell yeah, it's awesome. I'm banging like 35 chicks a week and have all my meals cooked fresh and delivered to my house.

Oh wait, no that's not happening. I do occasionally get a little ego boost, and that is nice. All my MFP friends are awesome like that.
    *ships you cargo box of lube and condoms*
    Gotta keep you safe babe.
  • wildcata77
    wildcata77 Posts: 660
    I take back my response.

I'd now like to become on of those desperate women. Thanks for this thread for giving me a new list of webhotties to stalk. Brett is kind of overdone, you know? I'll now be looking out for Bronx, Pu, Delta, Mcmillen, and Kcwebguy.
  • Jipples
    Jipples Posts: 650 Member
    And it's not just how Brett looks......I mean, it's how he makes me feel about, me. :love:
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    There is a reason I typically keep my comic profile pic only. I don't want online attention, I get enough attention from the opposite sex in real life. While I certainly appreciate the compliments and they obviously boost the ego and motivate me even, I can never think of a compliment given to me by a girl online seriously.

That being said, I think in order to get to that level of attention that some men get on this site, you have to be within the "IT" crowd. It's kinda like high school really. And to be honest, there is nothing wrong with it. Different things work for different folks. But to garbanzo, typical men on this site are left alone, mainly because they donot participate in the flirting, possibly because like me, they know that online flirting typically is superficial and while very flattering, typically doesn't lead anywhere.
  • NostalgicMuse

I think a Venn diagram is in order:

Venn.jpg

Can we make the bottom circle overlap to the right a bit more????
  • gshoemaker06
    gshoemaker06 Posts: 264 Member
    Once you start buying me drinks, we'll talk.

:drinker:
    Would that count? haha
    ?
    Of course it does, double-fistin it, who doesn't love a game of edward 40-hands?
  • Briski1411
    Briski1411 Posts: 296 Member
    For me this isn't an issue, but then again the very first line of my profile says I'm MARRIED. Either that or maybe I'm not there yet. don't worry I should be arriving very soon! :laugh:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Well I feel somewhat qualified to speak on this subject. But please don't think I'm bragging.

It's.. odd. For a number of reasons.

For me personally it's tough because I've never been in shape before. I've gone from being a life long fat guy to looking alright and the attention isn't something I'm used to. So that's an adjustment.

Really most of it is all harmless fun that I'm sure every guy really enjoys. Nothing like a little ego boost. But some women can be quite aggressive. That's the part that's shocking and off-putting.

I've had women demand pictures of my junk and when I told them no they were mad at me.

I've had women demand I send them certain body pics or they'd delete me from their friends list.

Basically all the things you ladies think only the creepiest of creepy dudes would do, ladies do as well. And women are not accustomed to being told "no" the way men are. So if they face rejection they don't always handle it well. Some get quite angry.

So while the attention can be very nice and incredibly motivating, it's when it crosses the line from flirtation to harassment that things get awkward.

That being said if any of you wonderful women who harass me stop at any point I will be :brokenheart: and :sad: .

I am not sure if what I am about to say is exactly directed towards you, but kind of is. I have been over weight most of my life. Did I get "attention" from women? Not really. On the other hand I never lacked confidence in that department either. I have been with women who I thought where attractive. It's obviously about personality for the most part. Sometimes I get emails on MFP about my arms and chest. Sure it's nice, but I know they're not going for my personality. So I find it kind of offensive. I know they're just being hoish. I just see a lot of these women on here like trying to be groupies.

OH, bite me PU:tongue:

You know what i realized? It's mostly due to their ovulation cycle. They can't think logically during those times.

Pu - out of line there.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    I take back my response.

I'd now like to become on of those desperate women. Thanks for this thread for giving me a new list of webhotties to stalk. Brett is kind of overdone, you know? I'll now be looking out for Bronx, Pu, Delta, Mcmillen, and Kcwebguy.

Brett is kind of overdone...Now I know!
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,238 Member
    Ask Brett \m/
    This. I'm just here stalking him.
    I hope Brett sees me today....*giggles like a little girl*
    Bro, just send me the damn pics and we can put all this behind us and move on.

Every comment from a guy.

I TAKE IT BAAACK!! Ladies please harass, fondle, grope and abuse me as you wish! Better you than these twisted *kitten*!

ohheyyyy ill tie you...i mean pick you up at 8.
  • wildcata77
    wildcata77 Posts: 660

I guess we all know which one is missing, then...