Question for all of our MFP Males

Replies

• CaseRat
    CaseRat Posts: 377 Member
    I get more attention in real life haha. Suppose that's because I'm a youngen, though.
  • FitnessPal4L1f3
    FitnessPal4L1f3 Posts: 77 Member
    I can't wait to loose enough weight and get "buffed" enough to start getting some attention.
  • snowmaniac
    snowmaniac Posts: 600 Member
    I've gotten compliments from a few of the lovely ladies on my FL and yes it is nice for the ego, nothing obnoxious or over the top. But I don't have any beefcake or ab pics up either.
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    I get about the same amount of attention in RL as I do on MFP. This probably has a lot to do with where I work, which is at a university - so yeah Im around college chicks a lot. lol

I definitely went to the wrong college then....and mine was supposed to be a top 10 for that stuff. MFP is 10000x > RL attention.
  • wolfpack77
    wolfpack77 Posts: 655
    I get about the same amount of attention in RL as I do on MFP. This probably has a lot to do with where I work, which is at a university - so yeah Im around college chicks a lot. lol

I definitely went to the wrong college then....and mine was supposed to be a top 10 for that stuff. MFP is 10000x > RL attention.

Depends what you consider to be attention.
  • LosingWeight4Good
    LosingWeight4Good Posts: 156 Member
    A great question was raised. Why are the ladies so shy in real life? I don't have any research on this to back up my theory, but I would like you all to find true love, so I share this in hopes that it helps.

The ladies are shy and don't talk to you like this in real life because there is a filter between our brains and what we can say while looking you in the eye.

Stay with me here as I explain -
    If we are looking in your eyes and our brain is saying,"OMG He is so attractive. I love him. Wait! I can't say that...He will know that I am insane...I should just say he looks nice..ok..yes that doesn't sound crazy at all..ok... say that..WAIT! He might think I just like his shirt. What do I say? Should I walk away? Yes...yes..walk away..OMG he is looking at me...say something...anything..." and we open our mouths and say "HI" and it pops out just a little too loud or a little too soft.

That "HI" means we would like to talk to you but we just ran the Boston Marathon in our head and we are now tired and out of breath. If you start talking and say a sentence of two, we will jump back in...as soon as we catch our breath... Keep in mind, we won't remember your first couple of sentences, so you can say anything.

Here on MFP, the good news for you is, there is a very tiny filter between our brains and hands as compared to the filter between our brains and mouths. SO, we see your pic, shirtless and sweaty, and our brain is saying "OMG He is so hot." (because of the sweat, right?) and our hands type "OMG You are so hot!" and click send...

Evolution will eventually create a larger brain to hand filter. Until then, enjoy!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    A great question was raised. Why are the ladies so shy in real life? I don't have any research on this to back up my theory, but I would like you all to find true love, so I share this in hopes that it helps.

The ladies are shy and don't talk to you like this in real life because there is a filter between our brains and what we can say while looking you in the eye.

Stay with me here as I explain -
    If we are looking in your eyes and our brain is saying,"OMG He is so attractive. I love him. Wait! I can't say that...He will know that I am insane...I should just say he looks nice..ok..yes that doesn't sound crazy at all..ok... say that..WAIT! He might think I just like his shirt. What do I say? Should I walk away? Yes...yes..walk away..OMG he is looking at me...say something...anything..." and we open our mouths and say "HI" and it pops out just a little too loud or a little too soft.

That "HI" means we would like to talk to you but we just ran the Boston Marathon in our head and we are now tired and out of breath. If you start talking and say a sentence of two, we will jump back in...as soon as we catch our breath... Keep in mind, we won't remember your first couple of sentences, so you can say anything.

Here on MFP, the good news for you is, there is a very tiny filter between our brains and hands as compared to the filter between our brains and mouths. SO, we see your pic, shirtless and sweaty, and our brain is saying "OMG He is so hot." (because of the sweat, right?) and our hands type "OMG You are so hot!" and click send...

Evolution will eventually create a larger brain to hand filter. Until then, enjoy!

^^^^ THIS!!! LMAO

Priceless!
  • waskier
    waskier Posts: 254 Member
    Well I feel somewhat qualified to speak on this subject. But please don't think I'm bragging.

It's.. odd. For a number of reasons.

For me personally it's tough because I've never been in shape before. I've gone from being a life long fat guy to looking alright and the attention isn't something I'm used to. So that's an adjustment.

Really most of it is all harmless fun that I'm sure every guy really enjoys. Nothing like a little ego boost. But some women can be quite aggressive. That's the part that's shocking and off-putting.

I've had women demand pictures of my junk and when I told them no they were mad at me.

I've had women demand I send them certain body pics or they'd delete me from their friends list.

Basically all the things you ladies think only the creepiest of creepy dudes would do, ladies do as well. And women are not accustomed to being told "no" the way men are. So if they face rejection they don't always handle it well. Some get quite angry.

So while the attention can be very nice and incredibly motivating, it's when it crosses the line from flirtation to harassment that things get awkward.

That being said if any of you wonderful women who harass me stop at any point I will be :brokenheart: and :sad: .

Apparently I am completely missing the boat on this one. I've never had anyone do ANY of those things to me. I'm suddenly starting to get self-conscious....
  • "Chicks dig me because I rarely wear underwear, and when I do, it's usually something unusual."...
  • CentralCaliCycling
    CentralCaliCycling Posts: 453 Member
    Well I feel somewhat qualified to speak on this subject. But please don't think I'm bragging.

It's.. odd. For a number of reasons.

For me personally it's tough because I've never been in shape before. I've gone from being a life long fat guy to looking alright and the attention isn't something I'm used to. So that's an adjustment.

Really most of it is all harmless fun that I'm sure every guy really enjoys. Nothing like a little ego boost. But some women can be quite aggressive. That's the part that's shocking and off-putting.

I've had women demand pictures of my junk and when I told them no they were mad at me.

I've had women demand I send them certain body pics or they'd delete me from their friends list.

Basically all the things you ladies think only the creepiest of creepy dudes would do, ladies do as well. And women are not accustomed to being told "no" the way men are. So if they face rejection they don't always handle it well. Some get quite angry.

So while the attention can be very nice and incredibly motivating, it's when it crosses the line from flirtation to harassment that things get awkward.

That being said if any of you wonderful women who harass me stop at any point I will be :brokenheart: and :sad: .

Apparently I am completely missing the boat on this one. I've never had anyone do ANY of those things to me. I'm suddenly starting to get self-conscious....

+ 1 - and I am sure there are reasons for it (just not sure what all of them might be)
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    I'll be honest.

Everyone likes positive attention. It makes you feel good.

In general:

I'll tell ya one honest truth most women don't think about. Guys that are in great shape now, probably were not always that way, and their self image is what they were before, not what they are now. So the compliments and the flirting are the pat on the back we don't give ourselves.

The odd part, is women on here will straight up say "hey you look great/sexy/etc" or "I bet you get all the ladies". To that I say, where the hell are you gals in real life!? Seriously, I'd rather a complete stranger come up to me and say something like "Hi, I think you look great" rather than eye rape me at the grocery store. I guess that's just the digital age for ya.

For me personally, I want to get in shape for myself (read my profile). But would I mind it working to my advantage in real life just once? Of course, so the question I pose to you ladies (and pm me if you want since I doubt I'll read this again) why so shy in real life?
    most women arent confident enough to walk up to someone who looks like you to talk to you! you have to make the move! If they knew how amazing you are in real life, then maybe they would get up the guts!!!!!!!!
  • F__7
    F__7 Posts: 371 Member
    Especially those of well devoloped muscles, boyish smiles, or sexy sexy brains.

Is it ODD to be an attractive member of society on a site like this, which is mostly women?
    Sometimes I think you guys get more attention than a drunk prom queen after the dance.

It's quite amusing to see the tables turned.

It is amusing to get a thumbs up (to say the least). It helps to reassure your confidence.

I read some posts about why women are not as forward outside this place... well.. I think they are, and they have been... we just don't pay attention to the clues when that happens. Furthermore, it is not typically the woman that will start a conversation or say something to trigger the chemical reaction necessary to develop a relationship of any kind.

Confidence is the start of everything...

Yes it is ODD to receive so much attention...as it is not typical how it works... agree.
  • I don't know about MFP but I think I feel I get a little extra attention in everyday life. Even if it is just that second glance!
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Hmmm I didn't realize it was mostly females on here
  • offthedeependay
    offthedeependay Posts: 435 Member
    I like the extra attention I get here and in life now that I have a body worth looking at,,well always in progress,,
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    i'm nowhere near where i want to be body wise, im fairly attractive and while the 175 IQ doesnt make one swoon i admit i do bask in the attention a little bit, even though eventually you have to logout and go back to reality where women only stare or put me in the friend zone

an iq of 175? yummy....women are stupid if they are putting you in the friend zone.
  • dusty8907
    dusty8907 Posts: 350 Member
    Would not know this extra attention feeling.
  • Shadowsan
    Shadowsan Posts: 365 Member
    Sorry,

Is this slowly becoming an 'I want attention' thread, or is it just me that is reading this thinking it? Bit of a feedback loop I think.

Someone asked the question 'Do you think it's odd that you get attention on here' to which people are posting things like:

'I don't get attention'

'I'm intelligent'

etc.

"Look at me, compliment me" is what it may as well say...

Maybe it's just me. I am grumpy and I need a coffee. Sorry all, my bad.

*goes back to work*
  • ouija86
    ouija86 Posts: 138 Member
    Sorry,

Is this slowly becoming an 'I want attention' thread, or is it just me that is reading this thinking it? Bit of a feedback loop I think.

Someone asked the question 'Do you think it's odd that you get attention on here' to which people are posting things like:

'I don't get attention'

'I'm intelligent'

etc.

"Look at me, compliment me" is what it may as well say...

Maybe it's just me. I am grumpy and I need a coffee. Sorry all, my bad.

*goes back to work*

Nah, you got a point, I was thinkin the same thing lol.

Back on topic though, kinda, ladies...so if you think it's somewhat unusual for women to be saying/doing these things online..how would you react if I (or any guy) went and randomly for no reason complimented you at the store or gas station or just some random place? Maybe not with the intention of trying to pick ya up (or maybe it is), but just a random kind word, how would you respond?
  • SyStEmPhReAk
    SyStEmPhReAk Posts: 330 Member
    Especially those of well devoloped muscles, boyish smiles, or sexy sexy brains.

Is it ODD to be an attractive member of society on a site like this, which is mostly women?
    Sometimes I think you guys get more attention than a drunk prom queen after the dance.

It's quite amusing to see the tables turned.

I don't find it odd at all as I don't feel as though I get any extra attention. What I do find, however, is that I'll get compliments and questions about my diet - or should I say lifestyle - or I'll get questions about losing stomach fat to see abs. I love getting questions like that because it makes me feel good to answer and help others in their search to be more fit. So please keep those coming.