~Fit and Fun Sized Week 2~

Options

Replies

• supermom1114
    Options
    so I went back and looked at the old chart, I think geicko was the winner with 1.72% weight loss... anyone else have higher than this?? if not....

Whats our challenge geicko?
  • ButlerMom
    ButlerMom Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hello, all....I ran 4 miles today 3 minutes faster than I 've done it the past two times!!! It is starting to get cold here...down to 29 by Friday so I"m gonna be doing some shivering....just think....shivering burns calories, too!!! YEA!!!!
  • marilla
    marilla Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I am trying to get back on track. I will try to see if I can get the percent lost on the chart.
  • marilla
    marilla Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Are we doing percentage lost for the week or percentage lost total?
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    So it is almost midnight, I went over on my calories :grumble: and I still need to get my workout in for the day (which will technically be tomorrow :noway: ) I am still working on homework and not sure when I am going to get it finished.

I have already planned breakfast and lunch for tomorrow...breakfast: 1/2 cup of oatmeal and light n fit yogurt. lunch: small piece of meatloaf, medium baked potato (plain), and lots of canned corn.

I am also planning on getting a 2 mile run in first thing in the morning. I really hope that I can cut out the junk food and stay motivated.

I would love to see a challenge for the week too!!
  • traciedaisy
    Options
    I've trally sucked this week:grumble: I have went over calories and not worked out much...depression I guess. Anyways, it's back on track tomorrow...have a great week!!
  • jacqueline0821
    Options
    So I got a super quick workout in with some TurboJam AbJam. Now time for bed.

My personal goal for tomorrow is to drink at least 4 glasses of water because I have only been drinking about 1 glass a day....bad I know.
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    had great day did homework this morning passed my quiz!!! Then did wii fit for over 1 hr burning over 500 cals and then did my math homework too. tommorrow I plan doing week 1 day 2
  • supermom1114
    Options
    Are we doing percentage lost for the week or percentage lost total?

I think it should be percentage lost per week. Just my opinion though
  • DreeDub
    DreeDub Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    This may be a really dumb question but I'm going to go ahead and ask anyway.

When I input my P90x workouts...which are strength workouts it does not add any extra calories to my day. Should it be adding calories or am I really not burning any calories by doing a strength workout? Should I be putting this in different. Even though it didn't give me any extra calories to work with yesterday I still stayed under my allotted calories for the day! :)
    Anybody else out there only do strength on certain days and input it a different way? I'm still not 100% sure I'm using this program correctly!

Best of luck to everyone today :) I started my day off right...was at work by 7:10 this morning...I feel so much better!!!
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    This may be a really dumb question but I'm going to go ahead and ask anyway.

When I input my P90x workouts...which are strength workouts it does not add any extra calories to my day. Should it be adding calories or am I really not burning any calories by doing a strength workout? Should I be putting this in different. Even though it didn't give me any extra calories to work with yesterday I still stayed under my allotted calories for the day! :)
    Anybody else out there only do strength on certain days and input it a different way? I'm still not 100% sure I'm using this program correctly!

Best of luck to everyone today :) I started my day off right...was at work by 7:10 this morning...I feel so much better!!!

To add it to your calories, add "strength training" in your cardio section. :)
  • jules1984
    jules1984 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I've trally sucked this week:grumble: I have went over calories and not worked out much...depression I guess. Anyways, it's back on track tomorrow...have a great week!!

:ohwell: Sorry you're not having a great week! Take it day by day. When I get in a bad cycle I have a really hard time dragging my grumpy/tired butt to the gym (I'm talking really hard) and it takes me a few days. And then FINALLY I have one really intense workout and its like all my anger and frustration just feels soo much more manageable. I'd recommend hard sweating for whatever ails you!

Oh and if I'm legitimately still hungry or really need something - I will go over by a bit. It helps to remember that your maintainence calories are higher than your losing weight number. If you keep below THAT number you won't gain you'll probably still lose just not as much as other weeks!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I ran my 50 minutes yesterday...I could feel the change in elevation (trained at low elevation for a week and now I'm back to high)...ow!! :ohwell: This morning my legs are VERY sore. I'm thankful it's just push/cardio today..I'm going to do light cardio on the bike and/or elliptical!
  • jacqueline0821
    Options
    I woke up late missing my 2 mile run. I am going to have to get this in tonight after a long day of work and school.

Plus side I did have my planned oatmeal for breakfast :smile: I am going to pack the yogurt as a snack because I didn't eat it with breakfast. I am also hoping to stop at the store and pack up on some fresh fruit for snacks.

I hope that you all are having a great day!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    I have done my workout for the day. Today was one my exercise boot camp days and she really gave it to us. I am really enjoying this boot camp so I am really considering hanging in there for at least another month or so. I like the fact that in addition to the boot camp sessions the instructor also gives us "homework" for our off days. Yesterday the homework was a 45 minute interval treadmill workout, tomorrow is the stairmaster and Saturday is a 2 mile run. We have to email the instructor when our "homework" is complete so it really holds me accountable.

Have a great day everyone.
  • cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    So I'm training for a 5k that will be on 12/19. Yesterday I was dragging myself as I was running on the treadmill. I know its completely different running on the treadmill versus outside but I think I can do it. Today I will be running at the highschool track to check it out. It will be a good day!
  • romst19
    romst19 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hey Fellow Fun-Sized Ladies!

I need some help - I am getting dental surgery (gum grafting) tomorrow and the periodontist said I won't be able to eat solid foods for at least three days. As tempted as I am to stick to an all ice-cream/pudding diet, I know it's not very nutritious. Any suggestions so I can at least keep it semi-healthy?

Many thanks - and great job to all - reading your posts about your workouts are definitely keeping me inspired!
  • romst19
    romst19 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Cherie - Good luck running outside today! I've been only treadmill running the past two months, and I'm nervous to take it outside. Let us know how it goes :)
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Hey Fellow Fun-Sized Ladies!

I need some help - I am getting dental surgery (gum grafting) tomorrow and the periodontist said I won't be able to eat solid foods for at least three days. As tempted as I am to stick to an all ice-cream/pudding diet, I know it's not very nutritious. Any suggestions so I can at least keep it semi-healthy?

Many thanks - and great job to all - reading your posts about your workouts are definitely keeping me inspired!

Good luck on the surgery! I'd recommend greek yogurt, mashed potatoes, protein shakes, cottage cheese, applesauce, light frozen yogurt, milk/soymilk.
  • cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Cherie - Good luck running outside today! I've been only treadmill running the past two months, and I'm nervous to take it outside. Let us know how it goes :)

Oh for sure!! I've ran outside before and noticed that if there is wind there is more resistance. I do plan to run for a full half hour without stopping tonite so we will see how it goes. I will let you all know how I do.

Everyone have a great day!!!