men, does the "I'll kick your *kitten*" male/male trump card...

Options

Replies

• mavrick7
    mavrick7 Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Why does that statement bother/affect the male ego? I am not immune to the effects of one person's need to provoke/challenge another male. We always try to use diplomacy to defuse the situation, but when it fails, then there is a fight. Very sad, but this problem is not American or Western. You will see this behavior in all cultures and most of the animal kingdom.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    hot thread is hot
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    hot thread is hot

::pulls up chair, grabs popcorn, waits for man-candy::
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    That is why I love playing rugby! :)

I will be back, and soon!
  • yoovie
    Options
    actually... can we get a demonstration... like.... a special holiday where all our fave MFP guys compete and talk sht and throw heavy things and climb things and race and roar and....threaten to kick each others' *kitten*?

tumblr_m8bebfqkA11ru3kga.gif

I'll wait here patiently.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty non-confrontational but since my work out of choice is boxing, I do tend to size people up in the gym lol.
  • icanhaztp
    icanhaztp Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm a lover, not a fighter.

But I'm also a fighter, so don't get any ideas.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    That is why I love playing rugby! :)

I will be back, and soon!

This is why I date rugby players :flowerforyou:
  • vonfinn
    vonfinn Posts: 6
    Options
    Yes it does, I used to be a martial artist and want to go back to it as some point but would like to get down to 210 or so first. Only in theory or in fun of course. I don't start fights... usually.
  • Zalovar
    Zalovar Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    actually... can we get a demonstration... like.... a special holiday where all our fave MFP guys compete and talk sht and throw heavy things and climb things and race and roar and....threaten to kick each others' *kitten*?

Whoa, hold on a minute, this is getting out of hand. The first rule of Fight Club is...
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    This question makes me think of another:

Given only one of the following, what would most women choose:
    1.) Money (i.e. brain)
    2.) Muscle (except for a very few pro-athletes, i.e. brawn)

You forgot option #3.) A big wanger
  • gavini
    gavini Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    it does for me but not in the physical fight way most here are commenting on, for me it is about kicking your *kitten* anyway possible on the playing field, in the race, or anything else. i am very competitive and i want to be better than you at every thing and i think about then when training that i want to beat person x next time we run or be stonger than person y when i see him or be able to be the last dad playing with the kids while everyone else has stopped because they were tired, winded etc.
  • oneIT
    oneIT Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Training to do good at sports is one thing, but the tough guys are just really insecure and most do roids, at least the ones I know. They also have gone nowhere in life. Again, these are just my observations.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    My background is martial arts but I never think that (well, not these days). I only do non-MA training (weights, CV work) to look good, nothing more; I'm not ashamed to admit that the reason I sweat in the gym is for overall aesthetic reasons. You don't need to be manly, big and strong to destroy someone (it might help, of course).
  • yoovie
    Options

Whoa, hold on a minute, this is getting out of hand. The first rule of Fight Club is...

according to Facebook: Fight Club
    8,863,634 likes · 80,199 talking about this
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I got no desire to measure myself against someone else. I measure myself against myself. I already know I can kick *kitten*.
  • gshoemaker06
    gshoemaker06 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Not really, if that were the case I would just take karate.

The size would just help 'look' intimidating. Like the guys who get muscle implants.... what's the point of that?
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    most fights arent planned. most do not involve guns, knives etc...so all of that technology you mention means nothing in most cases. like you said talking your way out or avoiding it all together is best when you dont measure up.

Sounds like a guy that again has control issues. :P And I'd love to see your cited authoritative source on "most fights".

Not wanting to engage in fighting is not the same as not having the ability to "measure up". Some of us are naturally far more peaceful than others. Unlike many guys, I do not see the need to beat the crap out of anything to feel "manly".
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    yes