men, does the "I'll kick your *kitten*" male/male trump card...

Options

Replies

• Nteeter
    Nteeter Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Statements of motivation. Some are as simple as the Boy Scouts with their Be Prepared motto, some are a bit more agressive like the "I can kick anyone's *kitten*" mantra. The one that always sticks in my head and makes me smile (because I've worked with several like him) goes a littel further with the "pre-game" preparation.

I believe it was Major General Mattis from Iraq saying to his Marines--"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."

Or for the modest man--"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes; If you *kitten* with me, I'll kill you all."

He would be a very interesting man to meet.

Former Marine here, this is true but only as a last resort.
  • nursenessa1
    nursenessa1 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    hot thread is hot

::pulls up chair, grabs popcorn, waits for man-candy::

Yes! I am attracted to intelligence but it was a deal maker that my boyfriend now husband was big muscular guy. We want protection! It is natural to desire muscular stud muffins. Survival of the fittest. Suddenly I can't wait for him to get home. ROFL!
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    What good are muscles without function? Seriously.

I'd rather spend my life with the love of my daughter and my other half, than breathing through a tube because a fight went wrong.

Great answer, reply... :)
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options

They are a great confidence builder and they look good. Function is worthless in 2012. The heaviest thing I pick up all day, outside of the gym, is my dry cleaning. Maybe on weekends I might move my couch. Maybe. And I can throw a girl around. Other than that, form over function :bigsmile:
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options

I'd rather spend my life with the love of my daughter and my other half, than breathing through a tube because a fight went wrong.

just dont lose a fight an all is well.
  • jnerdin
    jnerdin Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    In my experience, men who are focused on size and compare their size to the size of others are usually either short or stupid, or most often both. Men of above average stature and intelligence typically focus on more important things.
  • jnerdin
    jnerdin Posts: 39 Member
    Options

This is what I mean. I'm guessing this guy does not have a Napoleon Complex and isn't an moron. (No, I am not hitting on you.)
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options

Yes because you can control all variables, such as the guy you didn't see there, or the gang of mates that you didn't know about.

Short and sweet, only dumb mofo's fight. Simples.
  • Skych123
    Skych123 Posts: 96
    Options
    I'm sure being able to kick the *kitten* of 90% of people would give you confidence in many other areas, hell, I'd like to be able to kick some more *kitten* mk_smiley1.gif
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    In my experience, men who are focused on size and compare their size to the size of others are usually either short or stupid, or most often both. Men of above average stature and intelligence typically focus on more important things.

In my experience, 100% of men who say the above suffer from feelings of inferiority and overblown self importance. I used to do it too. Every smaller, intelligent/nerdy/cerebral guy does it. Downplays his musculature and emphasizes his brain. Until it dawns on him that a man can have both, and more importantly, the desire of one man to be big has nothing to do with his IQ or stature.

Note that comparing size and strength has absolutely nothing to do with fighting. I agree, only tools and morons fight.
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options

Yes because you can control all variables, such as the guy you didn't see there, or the gang of mates that you didn't know about.

Short and sweet, only dumb mofo's fight. Simples.

Thats why I carry back up. I dont travel anywhere without a bazooka and a team of former Seal Team Members.

Obviously, you couldnt tell I was being sarcastic.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    LOL sorry, no I didn't see that. My bad! :)
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I'd think women do this too...
    I'm assuming I'm not the only girl that sizes everyone up when she walks into a room...ok, or at least the gym...

I do it all the time. You never know who's going to start s**t.
  • mavrick7
    mavrick7 Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I'd think women do this too...
    I'm assuming I'm not the only girl that sizes everyone up when she walks into a room...ok, or at least the gym...

I do it all the time. You never know who's going to start s**t.

LOL. :) I wouldn't want to mess with you! As I mentioned before, think diplomacy. Talk it out or zyxst will "KICK YOUR *kitten*!!"
  • dortchme
    dortchme Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I went from a 6'1 220 kid who could grab the basketball rim with both hands to a 270 pound monster with a near 400 pound bench by the time I left high school. I 've held my own against several ( then future) NFL linemen. As great as the domination portion of it for me was ... I regret it . I eventually ballooned up to 456 pounds before I hit 40. I won't let my sons make that mistake of overriding their natural metabolism to bulk up for sports. Funny thing is several of my teammates/ classmates who admired me in high school , joined the military, stayed in great shape and could prolly whip me now. Another thing is when I decided to punch a guy trash talking me with a large stone in his hand, my wrestling skills saved my skin about as much as my muscles did.
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    Not really. If I cared about kicking someone's *kitten* I'd probably be paranoid constantly. How does the saying go? "No matter how badass the fighter, a knife to the spine will put a cramp in anyone's style." Something like that.

I suppose "*kitten* kicking" varies by whether or not we're on a playing on a field that uses rules, though.
  • GaidenJade
    GaidenJade Posts: 171
    Options

:drinker: :smile:

This is a real man.

Though I feel sort of odd that I can relate to a bunch of guys. When I work out, is it bad that I think about kicking *kitten*? (if the need ever arises, I am after all just woman and I don't like fighting.) I ain't no tiny frail girly girl who waits for men to protect her. :wink:
  • djsupreme6
    djsupreme6 Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    sounds like an ego thing for sure...a challenge if you will lol...but my mindset is I don't think anyone can beat me in anything lol
  • pattyproulx
    pattyproulx Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Though I have no doubt I can defend myself if the need arises, I've never really been close to getting into a fight so it's not really motivation for me and doesn't generally cross my mind. Just being stronger, faster and better looking are more motivation than being able to kick someone's *kitten*.

As someone said though, the intimidation factor of being big and strong is probably useful in and of itself though. I think guys are more willing to try and pick a fight with someone they're confident they can beat up.
  • TexasRattlesnake
    TexasRattlesnake Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    There's a certain level of confidence that goes with walking into virtually anywhere and knowing that if **** went down you could handle yourself... that even if you lost the other person would damn sure have to earn the victory.

I played football in high school and college and boxed for a few years... I've never been afraid of anyone but also never looked for trouble. Just the knowledge that if trouble found me or my loved ones that I'd stand a better than average chance of defending me/them/us keeps the confidence up.

I don't have a problem with people messing with me because I don't look like I'm going to be the best target.