men, does the "I'll kick your *kitten*" male/male trump card...

Options

Replies

• chaser1977
    chaser1977 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Interesting posts here. I tend to measure up anone i meet. Like a previous post i trained muliple martial arts for years but was never the athletic guy. Always the nerd who avoided sports and went to my martial art classes after school with my brother. If anyone I would ever come right out and say 'I'll kick your *kitten*' that would be my brother and half the time i'm wrong :) I wouldnt go looking for a fight but wouldnt back down either. I guess when it comes to the fighter in me, i would try to avoid the confrontation. If my family is threated however I have no problem putting someone on the ground, permanently if needed.
  • wildcata77
    wildcata77 Posts: 660
    Options
    I'm a fan of this thread.
  • damedame
    damedame Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    ive never had to fight someone, but yes, that is some motivation when im doing weights.
    id like to be able to stand my own if i ever had to do that.
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I will kick all y'alls @sses!!

Bend over please!
  • tbodega
    tbodega Posts: 186
    Options
    You can be as big as a house...if the other guy practices Gun Fu...you're done.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    If someone is within arm's reach or may pass within arm's reach, I have already assessed any possible threat.
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I may be a 5'3" girl, but I do martial arts and I lift. I'm not where I want to be, but I'm getting there.

I like surprising people with my strength in normal circumstances, and I like knowing I can probably protect my friends if necessary.

The other day the lady who lives two floors below me needed her couch moved over slightly. It was a BIG couch and it was HEAVY. She was like, "Would you mind getting your boyfriend to come down and move my couch?"
    I was like "Pshhhhht I got this."
    She was like "I don't know, it's really heavy-" *I start moving the couch* "OH MY GOODNESS"
    Me: ^_^ *smug!!!* muahahaha...

Yeah it was awesome. #badass
  • wildcata77
    wildcata77 Posts: 660
    Options
    This question makes me think of another:

Given only one of the following, what would most women choose:
    1.) Money (i.e. brain)
    2.) Muscle (except for a very few pro-athletes, i.e. brawn)

You forgot option #3.) A big wanger

B/T your answers and that profile pic, you are cracking me up.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    If anybody wants to measure yourself up against me, just get my address from your mom or your wife. Either will have it. :bigsmile:
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    If anybody wants to measure yourself up against me, just get my address from your mom or your wife. Either will have it. :bigsmile:

Calling my wife and mom...
  • mavrick7
    mavrick7 Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    actually... can we get a demonstration... like.... a special holiday where all our fave MFP guys compete and talk sht and throw heavy things and climb things and race and roar and....threaten to kick each others' *kitten*?

tumblr_m8bebfqkA11ru3kga.gif

I'll wait here patiently.

Whoa, hold on a minute, this is getting out of hand. The first rule of Fight Club is...

Dude,
    I'm in. Will it be boxing, kick boxing, jiu-jitsu or karate?

Just came back from the Doctors and I am ready to go.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    One rule: no weapons.

OK, maybe two. No hitting in the face, I haven't completely ruled out modeling when I hit my mid-life crisis.
  • tappae
    tappae Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I've never been in a fight, but I imagine that I would curl up in a ball and try to cover most of my softest bits. Y'all feel free to keep that in mind while you're sizing me up.
  • phoenix_59
    phoenix_59 Posts: 1,123
    Options
    holy testosterone.....I have always been a brawler....in my veins.....I love to fight....you talkin to me?
  • Shadowsan
    Shadowsan Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I train to make rugby matches more enjoyable.

Rugby matches are not enjoyable if you're having your backside handed to you on a plate, are they?

Then again, that hasn't happened particularly often in my life so I guess the training worked. Lol!
  • stephenglover
    stephenglover Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Nope,but I train 3 times a week 2 hours a day minnimum in Tang Soo Do and Ground work also. I have learned never ever over estimate yourself or under estimate an opponent. Made me the winner of the 2012 Tang Soo Do Mayors cup in Jacksonville, Florida in my age weight class and runner up last year.

Chances are you would never touch me and if so I am a pretty big guy so make it count.. I spar with kids from 15-18 and adults to age 50. The youngsters have wind got to either take them out or let it go.

On the size thing seriously, I have a young man 23 that was 16 when I started training with him. A great fighter and Master in our Art; if he was really pushed he would take a knee out and walk away, he ways about 145 #. We fight often and his speed gets him in on me but he can't hurt me in sparring without getting me to the knee etc.

I have learned my 14 year old daughter can whip a growm mans *kitten*, she is also a trained fighter, 2nd degree black belt with a kick that will break ribs. Also repeat winner of many events.

Tang Soo!!
  • mavrick7
    Options
    holy testosterone.....I have always been a brawler....in my veins.....I love to fight....you talkin to me?

Nothing personal. Boxing is different from brawling, but we can fight UFC style.
  • phoenix_59
    phoenix_59 Posts: 1,123
    Options

Nothing personal. Boxing is different from brawling, but we can fight UFC style.

I grew up street fighting....no rules...fists, legs, bottles, baseball bats.....anything goes!
  • AlphamaleBAMF
    Options
    I like being strong to this day partly because I liked the power of manhandling someone on the field.

I'm not saying we're all fighters

You sound like more of a lover champ.

http://youtu.be/GCppe11LpCM
  • mavrick7
    Options

I grew up street fighting....no rules...fists, legs, bottles, baseball bats.....anything goes!

Phoenix - Not sure what you are talking about? Fight to the death?

I would step in the ring a spar you for sporting reasons. No one needs to die.