men, does the "I'll kick your *kitten*" male/male trump card...

Options

Replies

• Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    most fights arent planned. most do not involve guns, knives etc...so all of that technology you mention means nothing in most cases. like you said talking your way out or avoiding it all together is best when you dont measure up.

Sounds like a guy that again has control issues. :P And I'd love to see your cited authoritative source on "most fights".

Not wanting to engage in fighting is not the same as not having the ability to "measure up". Some of us are naturally far more peaceful than others. Unlike many guys, I do not see the need to beat the crap out of anything to feel "manly".

you really think most fights include a gun or knife or "technolgy" as you describe it? thats ridiculous.

i dont think anyone here is saying the need to beat someone up to feel manly.

whats being discussed is a scenario where you are alone and are confronted. in those very rare instances it will be a nice bonus to have muscle if you are forced to use it. you are going to wish you were more "manly" in a case like that especially if you have soomeone you care about with you.
  • phoenix_59
    phoenix_59 Posts: 1,123
    Options
    holy testosterone.....I have always been a brawler....in my veins.....I love to fight....you talkin to me?

Nothing personal. Boxing is different from brawling, but we can fight UFC style.

I grew up street fighting....no rules...fists, legs, bottles, baseball bats.....anything goes!

Phoenix - Not sure what you are talking about? Fight to the death?

I would step in the ring a spar you for sporting reasons. No one needs to die.

no....just enough hurt to create fear and make your point...protect your turf...actually, these days, I'd prefer a game of chess....
  • curtnrod
    curtnrod Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Never bring a muscle to a gun fight...
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    I always assume I can pretty much kick anyone's *kitten*, so it wasnt really a motivator.
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    I once killed a man in Muncie, In just by looking at him.

He was an old guy in this old age home, I looked at him and then he expired....freaky
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    I once got a warning that the next one would be a technical after I farted (audible and stinky) n the middle of the lane right before an opponent shot a free throw...

true story.
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    This question makes me think of another:

Given only one of the following, what would most women choose:
    1.) Money (i.e. brain)
    2.) Muscle (except for a very few pro-athletes, i.e. brawn)

Woman would marry the money and have affairs with the guys with the muscle.
  • DaveRCF
    DaveRCF Posts: 266
    Options
    Nah. Maybe it's because I am from Canuckistan.
    Seriously, no but probably because I have never been a contact sport guy.
    My motivation for getting stronger tends to be so I don't throw my back out moving furniture.

Feel free to kick my *kitten* for such a p**sy response.

Great thread.
  • GadgetGuy2
    GadgetGuy2 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    A winning answer!

They would choose brain over brawn, except for a one-night stand once in awhile.

Notice the women aren't cheering this thread on?

I bet they want to see hard bodied hotties, but this thread is serving up bravado and attitude instead.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    There is also something to be said for not looking like a victim. Predators will go for the easy prey and humans are no different. Women are taught this in self defense classes so it should not be a surprise that some men think this way.
  • mavrick7
    mavrick7 Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    There is also something to be said for not looking like a victim. Predators will go for the easy prey and humans are no different. Women are taught this in self defense classes so it should not be a surprise that some men think this way.

Do you mean bullys? Are you saying that bullys pick on those who are weak, and they say "I'll kick your *kitten*" to prey on the weak?
  • TheNewo
    TheNewo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'd think women do this too...
    I'm assuming I'm not the only girl that sizes everyone up when she walks into a room...ok, or at least the gym...
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Hell yes it does.

I admit to still contemplating whether or not I could kick someone's *kitten* upon first seeing them - usually only if the person looks tough. Looks can be deceiving, I've found out. Some of the best fighters I have met look like average joes.

There's something in me that make me WANT to fight people who walk around carrying themselves like a bad *kitten*. I'm not saying this is a good thing, it's just an instinct.
  • mavrick7
    mavrick7 Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I'd think women do this too...
    I'm assuming I'm not the only girl that sizes everyone up when she walks into a room...ok, or at least the gym...

I agree that women do that, but don't you think that "I'll kick your *kitten*" is more of a threat?

My take: someone just threatens you. What do you do in that case? Do you walk away, cower, or fight back. I am just saying that I would try to be diplomatic, but if it is a threat. I would choose to fight or play chess :)
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options

Do you mean bullys? Are you saying that bullys pick on those who are weak, and they say "I'll kick your *kitten*" to prey on the weak?

Absolutely. Bullies are very common even among adults.

I was mostly talking about those of us that dont want to fight or need to kick anyone's *kitten* but dont want to be a victim either. So when the OP asked does that line of thinking motivate you in the gym the answer is still yes but for a slightly different reason.

Some people like to test themselves against others and some just like to dominate weaker people. Either way I want to be the strongest person I can be should the need ever arise.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    So much testosterone. Oh myyyyyyy. :blushing:
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    This question makes me think of another:

Given only one of the following, what would most women choose:
    1.) Money (i.e. brain)
    2.) Muscle (except for a very few pro-athletes, i.e. brawn)

pffft.....I have my own money, so I'd prefer the protection. And Erik can beat you all up anyway. :P
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Never crossed my mind. At 240lb an 6' 2" I prolly could but I'm no neanderthal.
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    What good are muscles without function? Seriously.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    What good are muscles without function? Seriously.

I'd rather spend my life with the love of my daughter and my other half, than breathing through a tube because a fight went wrong.