men, does the "I'll kick your *kitten*" male/male trump card...

Options

Replies

• mwcraig34
    mwcraig34 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I haven't been in a fight in over 19 years! I'm 37 years old and my wife and kids know they are always safe with me. Although I have won just about every fight I ever fought. The next day I didn't always feel like a winner! Fighting never really solves anything just makes your hands hurt! Trust me! Although if some was to say "I'll Kick Your *kitten*" I would most likely respond with "Come at Me Bro!"
  • It_never_ends
    It_never_ends Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    This question makes me think of another:

Given only one of the following, what would most women choose:
    1.) Money (i.e. brain)
    2.) Muscle (except for a very few pro-athletes, i.e. brawn)

Good question.
    Financial security or physical security? Personally I'd rather have a smart guy then a big meat head. Like the guy i'm with now, very smart......not in great shape.
  • Ruger2506
    Ruger2506 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    The "kick you *kitten*" does not motivate me.

I have a 9mm on my side and CC permit in my pocket. I don't know any man that can beat up a bullet no matter how ripped he is.
  • leodru
    leodru Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Never have been a fighter - I'm 5'6" 191 and 160 At my smallest (adult wise). No point in being a meat head for me- everyone's bigger than I am- the more in shape I am the smaller I get :). That being said I have a big fat wallet! I can hire someone to protect me if the need arises. - lol.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options

I have a 9mm on my side and CC permit in my pocket. I don't know any man that can beat up a bullet no matter how ripped he is.

unless you have it drawn at all times and your head on a swivel keeping everyone at arm's reach that gun will do nothing for you if someone attacks you.
  • Happylady123
    Happylady123 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    From a woman's point of view... it is that aire of confidence (not cockiness) that a man has, the way he carries himself, that says to everyone else, "I don't want to fight you, but if we do I will win," that is attractive. And he has to have the build to back it up.
  • Manrahan
    Manrahan Posts: 40
    Options
    Every day as I walk down the street, I assess each and every creature that passes me by, and determine whether or not I can indeed kick its *kitten*. Men, ladies, housecats, ferns, it doesn't matter. I need to know whether I can kick your *kitten*, because otherwise I don't know where I stand in this world, or if I am deserving of love and affection. If (I think) I can kick your *kitten*, you're gonna hear about it. And if (I think) I can't kick your *kitten*, you're gonna hear me tell you that I can anyway. That way you'll know I'm deserving of love and affection too.
  • Happylady123
    Happylady123 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Never have been a fighter - I'm 5'6" 191 and 160 At my smallest (adult wise). No point in being a meat head for me- everyone's bigger than I am- the more in shape I am the smaller I get :). That being said I have a big fat wallet! I can hire someone to protect me if the need arises. - lol.
    :wink:
  • TexasRattlesnake
    TexasRattlesnake Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Every day as I walk down the street, I assess each and every creature that passes me by, and determine whether or not I can indeed kick its *kitten*. Men, ladies, housecats, ferns, it doesn't matter. I need to know whether I can kick your *kitten*, because otherwise I don't know where I stand in this world, or if I am deserving of love and affection. If (I think) I can kick your *kitten*, you're gonna hear about it. And if (I think) I can't kick your *kitten*, you're gonna hear me tell you that I can anyway. That way you'll know I'm deserving of love and affection too.

You had me at ferns.
  • Ruger2506
    Options

unless you have it drawn at all times and your head on a swivel keeping everyone at arm's reach that gun will do nothing for you if someone attacks you.

I disagree. I pity the person who believes and employs your theory. They most likely will not survive the day. We all should have a CC and exercise that right.
  • mavrick7
    mavrick7 Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options

This sort of remnds me of the movie "Kung Fu Hustle" at the beginning of the movie Stephen Chow was trying to extort the barber and the entire village shows up. He challenges the smalles, youngest, and oldest, but all of them were quite intimidating once they stepped forward. Very funny :)
  • TexasRattlesnake
    Options

I disagree. I pity the person who believes and employs your theory. They most likely will not survive the day. We all should have a CC and exercise that right.

Depends on the situation and distance. I had a smart guy try to pull a gun on me once from close range about 15 years ago and he got it halfway out before he was all the way out.

Had I not been the bigger person, he easily could've lost his life because of his decision to carry a gun. I'm all for gun ownership, but you gotta be smart about how you use them. Nothing could prove more fatal than feeling invincible because you have a sidearm strapped to your body.

ETA: Most people don't CC and most of them live through each day... quit using extremist viewpoints to try and sway people to your belief system.
  • Ruger2506
    Options
    ETA: Most people don't CC and most of them live through each day... quit using extremist viewpoints to try and sway people to your belief system.

Except for many people involved in recent shootings.

You sir disgust me believing that 2nd amendment rights are extremist.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options

if they are within striking distance of you and your gun is not out it is you who will not win the encounter.

but i agree with your 2nd part we should all have the right to have a CC.
  • wolfpack77
    wolfpack77 Posts: 655
    Options
    hot thread is hot

::pulls up chair, grabs popcorn, waits for man-candy::

Yes! I am attracted to intelligence but it was a deal maker that my boyfriend now husband was big muscular guy. We want protection! It is natural to desire muscular stud muffins. Survival of the fittest. Suddenly I can't wait for him to get home. ROFL!

How sad. Unfortunately size and strength do not equate safety. Speaking from considerable experience, you simply cant predict what will happen in a fight and they're rarely fair. Experience and intelligence count for more in a confrontation than does brute strength. If I had to choose, I'd take an experienced fighter over the big guy with little or no experience any day. I've seen some big dudes get KTFO by average Joe's who knew what they were doing.

Judging your opponent by size alone is foolish. Use your head first and your strength last. Pay attention to your surroundings, keep a cool head, and you'll find you're much better at providing security than any short tempered meathead benching 350.

Now thats a sheepdog.
  • Ruger2506
    Options

if they are within striking distance of you and your gun is not out it is you who will not win the encounter.

I still don't know. I can still shoot from the ground with a black eye and no teeth.

FWIW I hope I never have to find out just cause I am fluffy and some "beef cake" felt he could "kick my *kitten*".
  • Ruger2506
    Options

How sad. Unfortunately size and strength do not equate safety. Speaking from considerable experience, you simply cant predict what will happen in a fight and they're rarely fair. Experience and intelligence count for more in a confrontation than does brute strength. If I had to choose, I'd take an experienced fighter over the big guy with little or no experience any day. I've seen some big dudes get KTFO by average Joe's who knew what they were doing.

Judging your opponent by size alone is foolish. Use your head first and your strength last. Pay attention to your surroundings, keep a cool head, and you'll find you're much better at providing security than any short tempered meathead benching 350.

X2
  • Laces_0ut
    Options

I still don't know. I can still shoot from the ground with a black eye and no teeth.

well sure if your assailant decides to back off...but if he can overpower you he can knock you out.

if you are willing to shoot someone because they gave you a black eye then they may be willing to crack your skull open before you get the chance.

your best bet is to have the strength to absorb the attack then create some space and draw. :D
  • TexasRattlesnake
    Options

Except for many people involved in recent shootings.

You sir disgust me believing that 2nd amendment rights are extremist.

I don't find constitutional rights extremist, but the belief that a right means it is right for everyone and people without a CC are going to die... not so much. Some people would do more harm than good with a firearm...
  • TexasRattlesnake
    Options
    your best bet is to have the strength to absorb the attack then create some space and draw. :D

Front kick to the chest... if all else fails, The Crane.