Join US! FAB FOURS (4 week challenge group) NEW!

Options

Replies

• familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Sorry ya'll I meant 903 calories in 90 minutes...hence it was 430 am and I was still sleeping whent I typed this.

Proud of myself today did very well on the eating wagon as ya'll know I am a waitress at a busy busy resturant so I burned lots of calories there and I also went to the the gym to burn almost 600 calories in one hour.

Well everyone the weekends are hard for me to get on here because I work like ten hour days then I go to the gym right from work so the kids and hubby cant deter me, then I come home and have to deal with them go grocery shoppping, you know, its a littel thing called....life

I have a HRM that I wear its a polar F4 and I love, I would never go another day without one.

I did well eating today stayed on the wagon came home from the gym took my son to his friends house and hubby and daughter wanted mexican I went with them but I watched them eat. Then we went to a book store and I was looking at cookie cook book because they are my favorite, I told my husband we had to leave becasue I could feel myself wanting a cookie.

Well everyone its 7:46 pm and I have to be up at 330 to be at work at 5 am so I gotta go to bed to get up and weigh my food before work, hope eberyone has a great day and enjoys your sunday!!!!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Sorry ya'll I meant 903 calories in 90 minutes...hence it was 430 am and I was still sleeping whent I typed this.

Proud of myself today did very well on the eating wagon as ya'll know I am a waitress at a busy busy resturant so I burned lots of calories there and I also went to the the gym to burn almost 600 calories in one hour.

Well everyone the weekends are hard for me to get on here because I work like ten hour days then I go to the gym right from work so the kids and hubby cant deter me, then I come home and have to deal with them go grocery shoppping, you know, its a littel thing called....life

I have a HRM that I wear its a polar F4 and I love, I would never go another day without one.

I did well eating today stayed on the wagon came home from the gym took my son to his friends house and hubby and daughter wanted mexican I went with them but I watched them eat. Then we went to a book store and I was looking at cookie cook book because they are my favorite, I told my husband we had to leave becasue I could feel myself wanting a cookie.

Well everyone its 7:46 pm and I have to be up at 330 to be at work at 5 am so I gotta go to bed to get up and weigh my food before work, hope eberyone has a great day and enjoys your sunday!!!!
    Oh Tamara you are awesome!!! Everyone is loved in your family and all that you do reminds me of the day and how some days I thought I'd blow my gasket. Stressed but organized and still finding a little me time! God has and will continue to bless you!!! Keep up the awesome job, you surely deserve that reward!! Sleep tight!
  • vhuber
    Options
    I just returned from snowshoeing with my husband. We hiked to a lake where we camp during the summer. Today, it was frozen over, with a layer of snow on top of it, and it was perfectly silent on a bright, sunny day. What a beautiful sight. The hike was a great workout (I'm sore). I'll post a photo.
    Susan
    Susan, you are so lucky to have been given that tranquil moment today, cherish that image in your heart and mind!!!
    Verda
  • slightingscale
    slightingscale Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Verda. I'll call on that serene setting when I need a little peace and quiet in my mind.
  • skrumm
    skrumm Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I have been really down lately so maybe this is what i need to get me back on track. I would love to give this a try. I don't know how well i will do.... Im pretty sure my husband thinks im yucky and it makes me feel so hopeless when it comes to eating right and exercise. I will give it my best effort though. shelly
  • cryslynn1980
    cryslynn1980 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Tamara... I have looked into getting a HRM but wasnt sure if they REALLY work. so u r the second one who say s get the Polar brand and Ive heard f6 and f4....so u really love it? I think im gonna ask santa for one. I did not realize that the HRM at the gym could be off because of the other machines. Thanks yall for all your support! Cant wait till TUES:0)
  • slightingscale
    Options
    I have been really down lately so maybe this is what i need to get me back on track. I would love to give this a try. I don't know how well i will do.... Im pretty sure my husband thinks im yucky and it makes me feel so hopeless when it comes to eating right and exercise. I will give it my best effort though. shelly
    Shelly, Welcome! :flowerforyou: You are doing great so far (based on your ticker) and you're so close to "onederland". This is a really positive group, so it can't help but help motivate you. I wish you luck! You can do it, and I hope we can help you, just as you can help us.:flowerforyou:
    Susan
  • slightingscale
    Options
    Tamara... I have looked into getting a HRM but wasnt sure if they REALLY work. so u r the second one who say s get the Polar brand and Ive heard f6 and f4....so u really love it? I think im gonna ask santa for one. I did not realize that the HRM at the gym could be off because of the other machines. Thanks yall for all your support! Cant wait till TUES:0)
    Cryslynn, I was thinking of getting one, too. The Polar website lists the F6 for $120. Do you know if it is less expensive somewhere else? And is the chest strap uncomfortable?
    Susan
  • vhuber
    Options
    I have been told that they are on sale right now! My "rich"son is getting me a Polar for Christmas and I told him the F6 but his says there are others sweeter than that so we'll see! When I say rich son, he is a consultant in the oilfield! All say, put strap under your bra strap and you hardly notice!! Hope so! I use a MIO hrm right now and I do not think it works well, it is a watch one! Have a good day!
    Verda
  • Jitteryspork
    Jitteryspork Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Hi.... I totally bombed this weekend. My hubby and I did SO much and had so little time. :cry: We will have the boys all weekend and next weekend through christmas so this was our last weekend to get the christmas shopping done.

Our oldest found out there was no Santa on Saturday night. :noway: I don't know how, but his momma ruined it for him (I'm a step mom, btw) He was devestated:sad: . Was so upset that everyone has been lying to him. I didn't know what to say ya know.. That was rough. I couldnt stop thinking about it all weekend. I can't even remember when I realized this, it was an easy transition I guess because there was no tramatic result. I feel horrible though.:sick:

I gained this weekend, but now that I have my hubby back on the band wagon, things are going to be so much easier. :flowerforyou:

Thanks everyone for being here for me. :heart: :heart:
  • cryslynn1980
    Options
    Joined Nov 2009
    Mon 12/07/09 05:39 AMHey Everyone!

For all those who are interested in Polar F6s, Sports Authority has them on sale for $99 (down from $109) and if you Google "Sports Authority + printable coupon" you can find a coupon for $25 off a $100 purchase. The coupon expires 12/12 or 12/13. I was able to get mine for $80 yesterday and I've already fallen in love with it!!!!

Just wanted to pass on the great information! Stay motivated! :)

hey... I pulled this from another post... I am gonna do this! It is a GREAT price!
  • 11kimberly11
    11kimberly11 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Hello everyone. My name is Kimberly I live in Cumberland,RI. I'll be 36 at the end of January. I'm married with 2 children, who are really so grown up now. 11 and 15 and they hardly need mom anymore. Well I know they do but in an entirely new way now. I'm going to school @ CCRI part time to finally earn a degree. I would love to be a preschool teacher and a yoga instructor for little kids. I waitress @ Outback steakhouse and those damn cheese fries are going to be the death of me. I think when I post daily I'll confess what I let past through my lips the night before...the accountability may make me think twice....
    I first joined in July and did very well through the summer. I hit a plataeu when the weather turned colder and I've been struggling to get back and stay on track and after Thanksgiving I've started to gain... I would like my goal for this first 4 wk challenge to be 1) just to see the scale move again in the right direction! 2) I would love to break the 150 mark

I really should go walk the dog now..it's the only excercise I'll get today... Talk to you all soon
    Have a great day!
  • pammer22
    Options
    slighting scale - thanks for putting this together - I am IN! I am starting over but feel more motivated than ever! I am tracking every morsel and hitting the gym. The weigh in starts tomorrow?
  • 11kimberly11
    11kimberly11 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Cryslynn, I was thinking of getting one, too. The Polar website lists the F6 for $120. Do you know if it is less expensive somewhere else? And is the chest strap uncomfortable?
    Susan

Amazon has them for $96.95
  • pammer22
    Options
    to all looking for the HRM - I have one they DO work! Part of the key is that you need to know about your Resting HR and O2 intake. It costs a few bucks, but I belong to Litetime Fitness and for $150 they did both tests - it unlocked the key to why I continue to work out and don't see results that match the effort. Apparently, my Zone 1 HR STARTS at 156 BPM and for me to get into Zone 3 for maximum fatburning, I need to be at a minimum of 172 BPM! They tell me that this is good news and that my body is healthy and efficient, but I have to work way harder than most in my age/weight range to gain the beneftis...sooo...I have been hitting as many endurance classes as possible. Good luck! :tongue:
  • momieof2
    Options
    :smile: I have the Polar F6 and love it. You can't even tell the band is on. You will be amazed how much more calories you burn vs. the heart rate monitors on the machines. I got mine $99 at Lifetime Fitness. :flowerforyou: See everyone tomorrow for check in day. I am so excited!!! New fresh start!!! :happy:
  • cryslynn1980
    Options

Mon 12/07/09 05:39 AMHey Everyone!

For all those who are interested in Polar F6s, Sports Authority has them on sale for $99 (down from $109) and if you Google "Sports Authority + printable coupon" you can find a coupon for $25 off a $100 purchase. The coupon expires 12/12 or 12/13. I was able to get mine for $80 yesterday and I've already fallen in love with it!!!!

Just wanted to pass on the great information! Stay motivated! :)

hey... I pulled this from another post... I am gonna do this! It is a GREAT price!
  • vdpal
    vdpal Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I am 33 years old and have been walking and doing some type of excerise pretty regularly. I just got married last year and we are trying to get pregnant, but I have gained about 20 pounds over the past 10 years that I would like to get rid of. I have been on here off and on, but I think if I commit myself to this challenge, I will be more diligent about logging in daily. I would like to lose 4 pounds over this four week challenge.
  • hhhdddggss
    Options
    Susan, do you need our weight number or our goals, i.e., Ultimate goal is 57 lbs, have lost 8, challenge goal is 5 ... I can't remember what I'm supposed to supply in the morning...

We just increased our workout classes here again in my office (satellite sales and production office of international publishing company with 15 staff) ... there are now five of us working out and four classes a week offered! That's 33% participation! I have created a monster (in a good way). Tonight, however, is Jillian Michaels' Shred and 10-minute Abs for me ... I'm aiming high for a Monday for sure ...

Cheryl
  • slightingscale
    Options
    Welcome Kimberly, Pammer & vdpal!! I can already tell that this is going to be a great group!
    MG_262.gif

Thanks for all of the great information about the HRM. I have a Sports Authority right down the street, so I will check it out. Thanks!!

About posting tomorrow: I suggest that we keep the focus on these four weeks. Our start weight will be what we weigh tomorrow (not since the beginning of our weight loss journey - since we'll keep that on our ticker or signature). Our goal weight will be what we want to weigh in 4 weeks, on January 5th (not our overall goal weight - which again, will be on our ticker or signature). I think that keeps our challenge to a smaller time frame, and our focus on a more accomplish-able goal weight.

Hey I'm on the west coast, so you will all probably beat me to the posting tomorrow morning! I'll compile starting weights & goal weights and put it in a chart.

GO FAB FOUR!

Susan