AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    1746885_o.gif

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I THOUGHT OF! LOLOLOL

I love that movie!!
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I hear that maple syrup is what elfs eat. No wonder they're so short. Won't try it.

I do love maple syrup, but you're not meant to live off pure sugar without protein and fat. We were meant to eat meat, not syrup.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    srsly you wont look any different anyway..why the rush? if you procrastinated about being healthy and losing weight, do it when you get back. Buy some flattering outfits and cut the bull****

Jules:flowerforyou:

This exactly.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    whenever I see a word followed by "diet" I go:

haha_oh_wow.jpg
  • jarrettfam
    jarrettfam Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Weight loss on this diet is largely due to restricted low calorie intake (around 900 calories per day) causing water loss, muscle loss and fat loss.
    This seems like a very rational approach to weight loss...double the muscle loss, please!
  • polarsjewel
    polarsjewel Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    cereal?

No - cereil
  • Help_I_Married_A_Chef
    Options
    This is great for a quick fix, say, if you have a wedding to go to or a pool party, but not a long term plan. It works great, just be sure you are near a restroom all day....

Brooke Burke also posts about doing this diet less the maple syrup, just for a quick detox without relying on it solely for nutrition
  • jkcrawford
    jkcrawford Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    If you don't have to ...why would you?
  • luckyxjen
    Options
    Eating only 500 cal of anything will make you lose weight. You could in essence just as easily go on a Twinkie diet and get the same results. Now why anyone would want to do that...well that's beyond me.

good luck!

whats a twinkle diet ? x

Eat any old junk as long as you stick under your calories basically. Not healthy but works, like the maple syrup diet.

hmm no thats naughty lol xx

So's the Maple Syrup Diet! I also contains nothing of any nutritional value. You may as well eat your calories in chocolate.

Seriously, if you really want to restrict yourself to the calories that diet gives you, do it with healthy food, not sugar water or you'll feel like crap when your holiday comes around.

^^^^
    This is so true. If you've been eating right and losing weight the healthy way, eating nothing but cereal, and maple syrup (which is mostly sugar) will make you feel like absolute CRAP and most likely make you wish you would have stayed home from your trip.
  • HannahJDiaz25
    HannahJDiaz25 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Eat bugs. Low in calories and at least you get some protein.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

:laugh: Awesome :laugh:
  • WickedBean
    WickedBean Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    srsly you wont look any different anyway..why the rush? if you procrastinated about being healthy and losing weight, do it when you get back. Buy some flattering outfits and cut the bull****

Jules:flowerforyou:

Yup what Jules said. I am pretty sure your vacation didn't just spring up so you waited to long - boo hoo. Deal with it buy some nice flattering outfits, have fun, and move on. Seriously no need in doing anything extreme.
  • Rabbitfeet
    Rabbitfeet Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    cereal?

No - cereil

Made me smile big style, i was like is no one going to comment on the horrible misspelling of cereal!? :D
  • MTBrob
    MTBrob Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    WHY.........IS................THIS.......THREAD STILL ACTIVE....
  • terrie_k
    terrie_k Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    A lady I worked with did it, she was a moody B..I..T..C... (you get the picture). If you do it, please avoid all contact with those you love. She did also say she lost 8 lbs, but I didn't see it, probably because it was all water and not actual inches.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    WHY.........IS................THIS.......THREAD STILL ACTIVE....

I know, I keep waiting for it to get shut down.

The mods have been slow lately, there are quite a few active threads that I was sure would be shut down already.
  • Awolkawasaki
    Awolkawasaki Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I dont know how so many stupid people continue to live.
  • MichelleMcClung
    Options
    Eating only 500 cal of anything will make you lose weight. You could in essence just as easily go on a Twinkie diet and get the same results. Now why anyone would want to do that...well that's beyond me.

good luck!

I agree with the above comment!! Doing what you are suggesting is not good for you at all. I wouldn't ever do something like that. Losing weight fast like that is NOT the answer. It's having a healthy lifestyle and losing weight at a normal pace. Just eat clean and workout every day and do it for life not for some holiday....that's just NUTS lady!!
This discussion has been closed.