what was your small win for the day?

Options

Replies

• trinaesguerra
    trinaesguerra Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I recently injured my foot so I have not been able to walk (my form of exercise)....I have been really worried that I would put on weight this week....but I got on the scale and I lost 1 pound this week! I am very happy.

hope your recover soon! nice work on the pound! diet is 80% eating right :D
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    I passed on a piece of going away cake for one of my co-workers.
  • trinaesguerra
    Options
    What a great question! My small win was that despite hurrying out the door with nothing but coffee in my stomach at 8am, and being stuck in meetings til 1pm... I avoided the drive-thru at lunchtime and got sushi instead. Much tastier and prob saved me 800 calories.

it's the worse isn't it but GREAT job!! it only gets easier the more times you say no :D

sushi is so satisfying :D
  • Jargarita
    Jargarita Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I said no thanks to a slice of super tasty raspberry pie! It would have put me way over my cals for the day.
  • trinaesguerra
    Options
    I passed on a piece of going away cake for one of my co-workers.

that's so hard in a social situation!! great work :D
  • LayneMorris
    Options
    Went to the gym even after working a 12 hour shift.
  • trinaesguerra
    Options
    My win today:
    I'm in the longest plateau of my whole weight loss journey. But today I was weight and measured by trainer. I only lost 1 pound in 2 weeks....... BUT down 5% body fat and gained 2.5 pounds in lean tissue, plus down a inch in my abd's and chest. My trainer said that he could total see the difference in my arms. So even though I'm not seeing the scale down like I want to, I am encouraged by the measurements. Slowly breaking though this plateau. I call this a big win! :)

nice work mate!!! that's amazing. it's hard when you can't see it but the day WILL come when you see the results and it'll feel SOOOOOOO great!
  • trinaesguerra
    Options
    Went to the gym even after working a 12 hour shift.

machine! nice work
  • trinaesguerra
    Options
    Small victory--

My friends wanted to go to the Chinese buffet for lunch. This is my favorite place to pig out. I was nervous going in that I would be able to find good choices that were also yummy and not have to just eat salad (which I hate). I also knew that we were going to a street fair tonight so I needed to leave calories for this evening as well.

I went, ate 1 cup of chicken and broccoli, one pan-fried dumpling, and 1/2 a cup of rice noodles and was able to stop at that point. I totally resisted the urge to go and fill a second plate with fried goodness.

I am really proud of myself. A week ago, I would never have done that.

you conquered the buffet!!! whoot whoot!!!
  • Tank_Girl
    Tank_Girl Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Went to kickboxing despite having sore feet from walking
  • FizzyAndTango
    Options
    Pushing myself around Sainsbury's for about an hour :) I usually have someone pushing my chair for me!

Add me as a friend if you want!:smile:
  • Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I managed to do my 40 minutes circuit training...such as it were....even though I was whooped goin into it.

I had a delicious Friday night home delivered supper with the fiance' consisting of the most decadent vegie pizza ever...and some parmesan bites AND STAYED UNDER MY CALORIE LIMIT@@!!!! yayaya me

on my last day of vacation
    I did NOTHING and enjoyed it
  • caldon4523
    caldon4523 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I am training to run a half marathon next month. I ran 9 miles yesterday and thought I didn't have anything left in me to run today. but I actually ran 5 miles today. A good win.
  • purple_tux1
    purple_tux1 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I have lost 20 pound so far. I have been doing low-carb for 3 months now and it's become a lifestyle.

For dinner I have steamed veggies and meat/fish/eggs. Tonight was no different. It did occur to me that it's become such a habit now-and no worries about cooking a 3rd dish!
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    My Hubby telling me how slim I was looking yesterday morning when I was getting ready for work. It was a great start to the weekend :)
  • domnut
    domnut Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Today I did karate for the first time since my knee injury (almost 3 years ago) and subsequent knee surgery 5 months ago! Amazing how quickly your body remembers movements! I'm so stoked :)
  • LupaNera
    Options
    I can understand you very much! Today i restarted Krav maga classes! Just feeling great! And it was just a month pause...
  • domnut
    domnut Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I can understand you very much! Today i restarted Krav maga classes! Just feeling great! And it was just a month pause...

nice one!! I've always wanted to try Krav Maga. Once I've gotten back into karate properly and achieved my black belt I'm going to sign up :smile:
  • kissmeirene
    Options
    hi ,,,small wins are cool,,instead of walking slow at work,,i do it briskly back and forth at the hallway,,,sweating it out,,,keeps my heart beat above normal,,letting blood flow through my systems,,,,
  • LupaNera
    Options

nice one!! I've always wanted to try Krav Maga. Once I've gotten back into karate properly and achieved my black belt I'm going to sign up :smile:
    I have two training partners that are black belts in karate and also enjoying krav.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!