Ladies and Men Opinions on Makeup

Options

Replies

• oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I **might** wear make up once a week. Maybe every two weeks. I don't think it's neccessary and I feel bad for women who NEED it or feel they do for their self confidence.

And some say that it's a lack of pride in myself that would make me not wear makeup.

However, it's the exact opposite in my opinion. I'm comfortable enough in the skin I'm in to leave barefaced and beautiful.
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I try to keep my make up natural looking. Unless I have a hot date and want to look sexy, then I tease my beard and apply my fake lashes.

i'm dead hahaha
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I used to NEVER leave the house or have any one see me without make up on... I remember when I was dating my husband and he'd spend the night, if I woke up earlier than him, I'd actually put on makeup before he woke up. lol.

Now, I go out without makeup on ALL the time.. I only put make up on if I'm going somewhere nice or if I'm going to take a pic. I guess having 3 kids kinda does that to you.
  • 4x4play
    4x4play Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I wear makeup almost everyday and it's not because I think I need it I just like it. I don't apply alot and it takes me less than 5 minutes to 'fix my face'. There are times that I don't put any on and come to work or go out. I figure if people don't like the "all natural me" then they don't need to see me all done up either. Makeup isn't what makes me, me!!!
  • LaylaJo
    LaylaJo Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Same here! ^_^
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I do a very little bit of makeup, to look more fresh and natural. Hubby picks on me though saying "You're afraid to let your natural beauty show" :tongue:
  • LaylaJo
    LaylaJo Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hahahaha Win!
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I prefer a girl who can leave the house without makeup and wears it for special occasions. I'm no scientist, but it seems to me that makeup can cause bad skin, thus requiring that person to wear even more. It's a slippery slope.

Also, I like the natural or at least minimalist look. I'm not a high school goth kid anymore.

WTF do I know, though, I'm a dude.
  • 4x4play
    4x4play Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I prefer a girl who can leave the house without makeup and wears it for special occasions. I'm no scientist, but it seems to me that makeup can cause bad skin, thus requiring that person to wear even more. It's a slippery slope.

Also, I like the natural or at least minimalist look. I'm not a high school goth kid anymore.

WTF do I know, though, I'm a dude.

^^^ love this!
  • sunbeadmendain
    Options
    I'm a woman, I rarely wear make up and when I do it's not a lot, just foundation, mascara and I fill in my eyebrows. This is what works best for me and I know that it's not for every woman, if someone needs to wear a full face of make up in order to feel comfortable going out then the more power to them!

In my opinion, if a significant other wants you to wear more or less make up then maybe you can try it the way they like and see how you feel but if you're not comfortable that way then it's their problem and not yours! It's your body and you should do with it whatever makes you feel happy and safe
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I don't wear make-up majority of the time even to work.
    But if I'm going out for dinner or party then I put make-up on but I have never been one of those girls who "cakes" on the foundation. I just put a little squirt under my eyes and that is it. :happy:
    But I love watching make-up tutorials and seeing how other people do it, I just never have time to do it to myself in the morning.
  • Janet9906
    Janet9906 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I wear make up if I'm going to work or going out with friends. Other then that, I never wear wear it at home.
  • cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I always wear it - I do not feel attractive if I am not made up.

Now mind you, I believe that makeup enhances your natural look and it shouldn't change how you look, so my makeup is very natural.

I remove it every night before bed and then cleanse and moisturize my face so my skin has not suffered at all.
  • busymomto5PA
    Options
    I usually don't have time for make up. I have four kids 8 and under. I try to most of the time get some make up on for church or special occasions but not really for everyday!
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    A little bit is ok to bring out some highlights. However, putting on enough to make a mime jealous is not.
  • DeadlyDame13
    DeadlyDame13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Sorry I am a makeup artist i love it ! do i everrrrr leave the house without it yes !~ i cant look like im going to a party or photo shoot all the time lol ..,...
  • Chiquita_Banana
    Options
    There was a time that i never left my house withought something even if it was just powder and eye liner, now im mostly withought make up but i do enjoy t sometimes, my husband says either way is fine with him.. really depends on my mood and where im going, plus i cant wear too much in the hospitals =)
  • trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I think if women would ask men , they would find that we really don't like make-up most of the time. Then when you do wear it on special occasions it is a nice bonus.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    I wear it every day. Usually only don't wear it on weekends around the house or if I'm hungover and don't GAF.

this ^^
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    do whatever makes you comfortable just dont over do it and make us late because of it and we're fine