60 minute plank 0_o YEAH I said 60 minutes! Its a challenge

Dont panic I can barely do a plank for 1 minute let alone 60. :sad:

If you are like me my core is the worse and training it is dreadful. Thats why I want to do a challenge for the month of September, 60 minutes of planks starting September 1. Break them up however you like, if you can do more GO FOR IT! If you are a core baby go for as many as you can to build up your strength.

It sounds like alot but it really isn't. Its almost 1-2 minutes a day depending on your workout schedule.

Please join me in this quest to become pool party fine :wink:

Replies

• LynnMichelleB
    LynnMichelleB Posts: 15 Member
    I WILL take that challenge, right now I can barely hold 20 seconds, but they add up don't they?:happy:
  • hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 516 Member
    Oh, count me in! I was just thinking the other day that I should be holding the plank position everyday, no matter what kind of work out I am doing, but I haven't been motivated to start! So, thanks to you, it's plank month!!!!
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Awesome idea!! Challenge accepted!
  • tiaamato
    tiaamato Posts: 30
    ok, so I've NEVER planked before. I would love to build some core strenght and this seems like the way to do that. I'm almost willing to accept this challenge even tho i've never done one, as long as someone tells me the "correct" way to plank. was counts as a real plank? lol thanks.
  • underarm plank - pushup plank - side plank - no-matter-what-plank??

yeah, why not - I'm IN :-)
  • hipsdontlie1
    hipsdontlie1 Posts: 294 Member
    Sounds awesome! :) Im in!
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Okay..I'll bite. It's been a while since I did planks, but I was holding them over a minute before.
  • JodieP13
    JodieP13 Posts: 94 Member
    Accepted! :) I need to get the abs scuplted before Halloween!
  • tbellamy1
    tbellamy1 Posts: 353
    Yep however you want to plank is fine.
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Oh wow... i read the title and was like, "why? wwwhhhhhyyyyy???!!! nobody would want to do that for an hour!" whew.
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Oh wow... i read the title and was like, "why? wwwhhhhhyyyyy???!!! nobody would want to do that for an hour!" whew.
    Yeah thats what i was thinking too.

But if its cummulative i'm in.
    /off to go do 2 mins of plnk
  • keenercam
    keenercam Posts: 321 Member
    What a great idea. I'm in! Thank you, OP, for starting this challenge.
  • Count me in--presently I can only do a 2 min front plank and 30 sec side planks. Definitely need to work on this more!
  • Time2getFit4Life
    Time2getFit4Life Posts: 521 Member
    I'm in for the challenge!!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    I'm at about 5 seconds right now, so that'll be a LOT of planks for me. :tongue:
  • cmcorn26
    cmcorn26 Posts: 253 Member
    im in!
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    I'm in! I think I've done a total of 2 minutes of planks my entire life....so this will be a good challenge for me.
  • tbellamy1
    tbellamy1 Posts: 353
    I made a group September's 60 minutes of planks
  • rishina27
    rishina27 Posts: 170 Member
    I'm in!!! O yeah try to push my 1 minute to 2 minutes!!!
  • Ladyiianae
    Ladyiianae Posts: 271 Member
    TOTALLY count me in! I will try to push past my 1 minute plank by end of September!