New Years Challenge

Options

Replies

• shellydd
    shellydd Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AliuR6rtHhhjdFJ1MUZCMlYwb3kxelZ0d2pnZUhDVUE&pli=1

The new spreadsheet is up! I deleted several people from the sheet. I only deleted someone if they had not weighed in for three weeks. If I have wrongly deleted you and you still want to be in the challenge, let me know and I will gladly add you back.

Our top five biggest losers for the week:

1.59%-Christina8827
    1.72%-jnsls73
    1.88%-mommahix
    2.88%-mindy-moorehead
    2.98%-namaste321

Remember, I calculate the biggest weight loss percentage not just who lost the most pounds. Also, if you didn't weigh in this week, gained, or stayed the same you are not included in the biggest losers pool. Congratulations to the biggest losers this week!

I am so proud of you guys for pushing through this challenge. Weight loss can be slow and tedious at times and I know that personally. My scale has barely moved in the past month but I'm going to keep pushing and that is exactly what I want you guys to do! You are capable of doing anything you set your mind to and I want you to set your mind to getting to your goal weight. I don't know about you guys but I don't want to spend another New Years looking back and regretting that I didn't try harder to get my weight down. Let's do this!

Our mini-challenge this week has to do with getting those vegetables in! This challenge was suggested by a participant but it seems I can't find their post.I'm sorry! I looked it up and adults are supposed to get 2.5-3 CUPS of veggies each day. Some people don't care for vegetables but they are seriously important for nutrients, and often, for weight loss. So let's eat those veggies this week!

hey thanks for doing the spread sheets!! eating enough veggies.....oh wow. i'll see if i can do it.
  • marie_25m
    marie_25m Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Count me in...
  • marie_25m
    marie_25m Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    226.0lbs..., target:200lbs
  • lambing05
    Options
    i gained :( here's my current weight ... 70.5 kg
  • ImprovingEla
    ImprovingEla Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Thanks for helping me out everyone!
    I am based in Netherlands, so the cup thing is kind of confusing, but 5 portions veggies a day is the way to go I think!
    Should not be a big problem though!
  • Collidoscopekid
    Collidoscopekid Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Today starts a new month. If you have been struggling, today is a fresh start! I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Also everyone joining our challenge, welcome! If you have not already done so I need your start weight and goal weight. Your first weigh in will be this FRIDAY. Good luck!
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Today starts a new month. If you have been struggling, today is a fresh start! I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Also everyone joining our challenge, welcome! If you have not already done so I need your start weight and goal weight. Your first weigh in will be this FRIDAY. Good luck!

Ooooh wish I'd found this earlier!! I was part of the Summer Challenge with you guy and loved it!! I'd love to join!

SW - 149
    GW - 136 (Healthy BMI!!!)
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AliuR6rtHhhjdFJ1MUZCMlYwb3kxelZ0d2pnZUhDVUE&pli=1

The new spreadsheet is up! I deleted several people from the sheet. I only deleted someone if they had not weighed in for three weeks. If I have wrongly deleted you and you still want to be in the challenge, let me know and I will gladly add you back.

Our top five biggest losers for the week:

1.59%-Christina8827
    1.72%-jnsls73
    1.88%-mommahix
    2.88%-mindy-moorehead
    2.98%-namaste321

Remember, I calculate the biggest weight loss percentage not just who lost the most pounds. Also, if you didn't weigh in this week, gained, or stayed the same you are not included in the biggest losers pool. Congratulations to the biggest losers this week!

I am so proud of you guys for pushing through this challenge. Weight loss can be slow and tedious at times and I know that personally. My scale has barely moved in the past month but I'm going to keep pushing and that is exactly what I want you guys to do! You are capable of doing anything you set your mind to and I want you to set your mind to getting to your goal weight. I don't know about you guys but I don't want to spend another New Years looking back and regretting that I didn't try harder to get my weight down. Let's do this!

Our mini-challenge this week has to do with getting those vegetables in! This challenge was suggested by a participant but it seems I can't find their post.I'm sorry! I looked it up and adults are supposed to get 2.5-3 CUPS of veggies each day. Some people don't care for vegetables but they are seriously important for nutrients, and often, for weight loss. So let's eat those veggies this week!

Once again THANK YOU!! :)

CONGRATS to all biggest losers, you all rock!

I agree with you, I don't want to spend another Xmas with my family and not be able to wear a cute outfit like everyone else. I'd like my New Year's Resolution for 2013 to be to lose 10kg during the year and not 35 like it had been the previous years. WE CAN DO IT PEOPLE! :))

And I like this week mini-challenge, veggies are so important for our health!!

xx
  • staylorim
    staylorim Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
  • sboo
    sboo Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Congrats! to the biggest losers!!
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    I am based in Netherlands, so the cup thing is kind of confusing, but 5 portions veggies a day is the way to go I think!

My son just took this in school - one serving of vegetables is approx 80g.
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Oct 1 - New month - fresh start
  • RubyDeelite
    Options
    WeeHeeee! Hello : ) I'm new to this site today and new to the challenge. I didn't realize that today is October 1st! I'm so excited to join you and to start using my fitness pal. I really love the comments about not looking back on the year with regret and also, love the idea of starting the new year with fewer pounds left to lose: brilliant!

I'm guessing at my weight here , based on last weigh-in. I could be off 2-3 lbs and will find out later today what the actual number is. This is our goal for the end of the challenge, yes?

For now...

236lbs
    216kbs
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    WeeHeeee! Hello : ) I'm new to this site today and new to the challenge. I didn't realize that today is October 1st! I'm so excited to join you and to start using my fitness pal. I really love the comments about not looking back on the year with regret and also, love the idea of starting the new year with fewer pounds left to lose: brilliant!

I'm guessing at my weight here , based on last weigh-in. I could be off 2-3 lbs and will find out later today what the actual number is. This is our goal for the end of the challenge, yes?

For now...

236lbs
    216kbs

Welcome and good luck! :)) You'll see mfp is a great help! xx
  • smurforce
    Options
    Forgot to login to post my weight last Friday. It was 212.6 lbs.

Not moving much, but like you said, it's a new month and a new day to Start !

We CAN DO THIS!

a suggestion: maybe we can have a group goal of lbs lost for each month, and ask each one to "donate" or contribute theirs lbs lost to acheive our goal. The more generous, the better! :)

Just a thought to keep us motivated together.
  • mlanggin88
    mlanggin88 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I wish I would have seen this sooner. I weigh in every friday so this will help me stay accountable. I have a record of my weight from 9/7 and on. Here they are!

9/7/ 275.4
    9/14 269.4
    9/21 269.4
    9/28 267.8

I will post my new weight next friday!
  • caitlinlws
    caitlinlws Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I am guilty of not weighing in last week...I had a terrible week and was afraid of the scale :(

buuut I am taking advantage of the new month to get back on track!
  • ImprovingEla
    ImprovingEla Posts: 396 Member
    Options

My son just took this in school - one serving of vegetables is approx 80g.

Which means 400 g veggies for me!
    Thank god I made veggies soup yesterday and I could eat that all day long *lol*
  • HelenDootson
    HelenDootson Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Hi All
    Hope you are having a good week :)
    Here is my next weigh in 234lbs, another 2lbs biting the dust this week.
    I am on holiday next week so will not be recording my weight - I will still be logging though.

I have managed the 5 a day fruit and veg challenge this week so far by the way - I like this one:smile:
  • Collidoscopekid
    Collidoscopekid Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I hope all is well! I just got that morning workout in. Man getting up at 5 and 5:30 in the morning is brutal but once I am out of that bed, I love it! I feel so accomplished doing that workout in the morning. I hope the scales reflect my hard work this week!

I hope every one of you is having a wonderful week!