Ask Me Anything...

Options

Replies

• FORKDOWN
    FORKDOWN Posts: 1,754
    Options
    Why do we have hair on our toes?

because toes are gross, why not add some hair while you're at it.

(I hate feet :laugh:)

I cant hate what I dont see.

:ohwell:
  • tubbytabbytales
    Options
    Why do we have hair on our toes?

because toes are gross, why not add some hair while you're at it.

(I hate feet :laugh:)

I cant hate what I dont see.

:ohwell:

Sure you can. I hate my butt, and I can't see that. :laugh:
  • LAgal
    LAgal Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Why do my thighs feel the need to be best friends? They don't need to spend so much quality time together.
  • tubbytabbytales
    Options
    Why do my thighs feel the need to be best friends? They don't need to spend so much quality time together.

I have the same problem. :(
  • NotSurprised
    NotSurprised Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    Why does food have to have more than 10 calories?
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Why are they called FRENCH fries?

I googled.

The straightforward explanation of the term is that it means potatoes fried in the French sense of the verb "to cook", which can mean either sautéing or deep-grease frying, while its French origin, frire, unambiguously means deep-frying: frites being its past participle used with a plural feminine substantive, as in pommes de terre frites ("deep-fried potatoes"). Thomas Jefferson, famous for serving French dishes, wrote exactly the latter French expression] In the early 20th century, the term "French fried" was being used for foods such as onion rings or chicken, apart from potatoes.

The verb "to french", though not attested until after "French fried potatoes" had appeared[citation needed], can refer to "julienning" of vegetables as is acknowledged by some dictionaries, while others only refer to trimming the meat off the shanks of chops. In the UK, "Frenched" lamb chops (particularly for serving as a 'rack of lamb') have the majority of the fat removed together with a small piece of fatty meat from between the ends of the chop bones, leaving mainly only the meat forming the "eye" of the chop attached

Uhhhh, where does the term "French Kissing" come from?
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    Who will be the next President of the U.S.?

Oprah.

Va-jay-jay.:laugh: :laugh: That woman is nuts!
  • tubbytabbytales
    Options
    Why does food have to have more than 10 calories?

I don't know. I bet someone in Canada decided this.
  • tubbytabbytales
    Options
    Why are they called FRENCH fries?

I googled.

The straightforward explanation of the term is that it means potatoes fried in the French sense of the verb "to cook", which can mean either sautéing or deep-grease frying, while its French origin, frire, unambiguously means deep-frying: frites being its past participle used with a plural feminine substantive, as in pommes de terre frites ("deep-fried potatoes"). Thomas Jefferson, famous for serving French dishes, wrote exactly the latter French expression] In the early 20th century, the term "French fried" was being used for foods such as onion rings or chicken, apart from potatoes.

The verb "to french", though not attested until after "French fried potatoes" had appeared[citation needed], can refer to "julienning" of vegetables as is acknowledged by some dictionaries, while others only refer to trimming the meat off the shanks of chops. In the UK, "Frenched" lamb chops (particularly for serving as a 'rack of lamb') have the majority of the fat removed together with a small piece of fatty meat from between the ends of the chop bones, leaving mainly only the meat forming the "eye" of the chop attached

I also googled this.

As far as its history goes, apparently this term has been in use only since the 1920’s and refers to the tongue tangos engaged in by lovers. It apparently got the name ’French Kiss’ or ’Frenching’ because the French get associated with most things sexual or questionably vulgar --e.g., French Postcards, Pardon My French, French Lessons to refer to services by a prostitute, and so forth.)

The term "Frenchified" was used in the past to refer to having Syphilis and gays used the term "French Revolution" to mean gay liberation. Interestingly, the English called syphilis the French Disease while the French called syphilis, the English Disease.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options

I also googled this.

As far as its history goes, apparently this term has been in use only since the 1920’s and refers to the tongue tangos engaged in by lovers. It apparently got the name ’French Kiss’ or ’Frenching’ because the French get associated with most things sexual or questionably vulgar --e.g., French Postcards, Pardon My French, French Lessons to refer to services by a prostitute, and so forth.)

The term "Frenchified" was used in the past to refer to having Syphilis and gays used the term "French Revolution" to mean gay liberation. Interestingly, the English called syphilis the French Disease while the French called syphilis, the English Disease.

WOW.
    Never heard of French Postcards or French Lessons.
    LOL @ the French and English battle.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    How many hats do you own?
  • tubbytabbytales
    Options
    How many hats do you own?

I own 1 baseball cap, 1 Santa hat, and 2 Witch Hats.

so 4.

(I look super stupid in hats)
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    Why are people advised to sleep 8 hours at night?
  • tubbytabbytales
    Options
    Why are people advised to sleep 8 hours at night?

Because apparently scientific research says that is appropriate. I believe they advise 6-8 hours. Your body's gotta re-coup, yo.
  • Trav
    Trav Posts: 2,022
    Options
    why is everybody so worried about tiger and what he did....give the man some privacy
  • tubbytabbytales
    Options
    why is everybody so worried about tiger and what he did....give the man some privacy

My thoughts exactly. It's because everyone else's life is so boring. Same with the Jon and Kate crap.
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    Why is there only 24 hours in a day & not 48?
  • tubbytabbytales
    Options

Why would a day consist of the sun circling twice? That makes no sense!
  • NotSurprised
    Options

There's got to be a way to control the sun, I mean we have already with Sunblock, am I right?
  • tubbytabbytales
    Options

There's got to be a way to control the sun i mean we have already with Sunblock I mean am I right?

I mean, I would want more hours in the day, but I surely wouldn't want my day doubled. I'm tired, dude. Maybe just add 2 hours? Who do we write about this?