Ask Me Anything...

Options

Replies

• tubbytabbytales
    Options
    Why do people eat frogs' legs?

Once upon a time, said person felt the need to be adventurous. (power to them). They ate them and realized "HEY THESE PROLLY TASTE LIKE CHICKEN OR SUMFIN." Then they felt the need to just keep eating them to brag about the things they do.

THEM: "Hey, I like frog legs."
    ME: "uhhhh good for you?"

got it?
  • tubbytabbytales
    Options
    Who will be the next President of the U.S.?

Oprah.

I'm moving to Canada!

That's your call. Just know that I blame all on the Canadians!

Oh yeah. Ok, then I'll move to Texas. I heard they're going to secede from the rest of the country. :bigsmile:

YAY TEXAS!
  • shinybonnie
    Options
    Let's see if this works.... (Shinybonnie's decorations part 1)

photo.php?pid=2974505&id=646148565&fbid=188996148565[img]EDIT: doh! obviously didn't work.... technical difficulties, brb[/img]13940_188996148565_646148565_2974505_8149181_n.jpg[img][/img]
  • tubbytabbytales
    Options

photo.php?pid=2974505&id=646148565[img]EDIT: doh! obviously didn't work.... technical difficulties, brb[/img]

boooo, I can't see facebook at work. *pout*

I'll remember to check at home though!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options

Once upon a time, said person felt the need to be adventurous. (power to them). They ate them and realized "HEY THESE PROLLY TASTE LIKE CHICKEN OR SUMFIN." Then they felt the need to just keep eating them to brag about the things they do.

got it?

You mean somebody actually likes them?
  • tubbytabbytales
    Options

photo.php?pid=2974505&id=646148565

EDIT: doh! obviously didn't work.... technical difficulties, brb

boooo, I can't see facebook at work. *pout*

I'll remember to check at home though!
  • tubbytabbytales
    Options

got it?

You mean somebody actually likes them?

Yes. Noone I know, but yes.
  • amyrun77
    Options
    He works ALOT, is interested in cars and skateboarding, he plays games like Call of Duty and Left for Dead. He has way more clothes than I do.

modern warfare 2...awesome and i hate video games

I think he already has that one.
  • vraehn
    vraehn Posts: 1,008
    Options
    reply Uh I was wondering if we should consult and/or blame the Canadians about/for this--at least the ones in Montreal?
    Why are they called FRENCH fries?

I googled.

The straightforward explanation of the term is that it means potatoes fried in the French sense of the verb "to cook", which can mean either sautéing or deep-grease frying, while its French origin, frire, unambiguously means deep-frying: frites being its past participle used with a plural feminine substantive, as in pommes de terre frites ("deep-fried potatoes"). Thomas Jefferson, famous for serving French dishes, wrote exactly the latter French expression] In the early 20th century, the term "French fried" was being used for foods such as onion rings or chicken, apart from potatoes.

The verb "to french", though not attested until after "French fried potatoes" had appeared[citation needed], can refer to "julienning" of vegetables as is acknowledged by some dictionaries, while others only refer to trimming the meat off the shanks of chops. In the UK, "Frenched" lamb chops (particularly for serving as a 'rack of lamb') have the majority of the fat removed together with a small piece of fatty meat from between the ends of the chop bones, leaving mainly only the meat forming the "eye" of the chop attached

Uhhhh, where does the term "French Kissing" come from?
  • NotSurprised
    NotSurprised Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    Why aren't kids being taught at very minumum the basics of finance, meaning savings and investments?
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Because they don't have any money to save or invest. 95% of the population lives paycheck to paycheck, and the other 5% send their kids off to good schools where they are well trained to save and invest (and lobby) and do whatever they can to get 'hold of that stray $20bill that's out there somewhere.
  • havingitall
    Options
    Why aren't kids being taught at very minumum the basics of finance, meaning savings and investments?

Because parents should teach that. Kids learn by example
  • gipsiwriter
    gipsiwriter Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    see below lol, and how the heck to you delete a post?!?!?!
  • gipsiwriter
    gipsiwriter Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Sasquatch Exists!!!

But does the Oklahoma lake monster?

No.

In my mind, Oklahoma itself does not exist.
    [/quote]

Oh, contrare! It exists in an alternate universe! I am writing to you from that universe, and let me tell you, the native's are something to behold. There is often a bit of a communication barrier, but we seem to making some breakthroughs. I miss you all on the other side of the 'curtain'.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    What is a good Christmas name for a hamster?
    There are going to be two hamsters -- presumably a boy and a girl.
    I suggested Noel for the girl.
    What is a good masculine sounding Christmas-y name for the boy hamster?
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options

are you getting BG a zhuzhu pet thing?
  • havingitall
    Options
    How about Joseph or Jesus. ( give it the hispanic twist. Jesus The Jampster!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options

are you getting BG a zhuzhu pet thing?

Emphatic NO
    This is for a coworker friend of mine who is getting a pair for her granddaughter. :wink:
    I will have no smelly rodents in my home!!! :laugh:

(Blombie, you will appreciate this -- I just got rid of a huge, nasty, smelly RAT!! I don't want another!!!)
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Why do 2 year olds not eat food off the high chair tray but if they find the same food on the floor they gobble it right up?
  • tubbytabbytales
    Options
    I can't play today, guys. :frown:

Who wants to take on roll of question answerer today?