Ask Me Anything...

Options

Replies

• Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I know its called having a "case of the mondays" when you don't feel like working on Monday. But what is it called on Friday?

It's called Sneaking Out Early :wink:
  • tubbytabbytales
    Options
    Question:

Who all here is married?

Not me.

Me neither.

And no, Lauryn. YOU ARE NOT MARRIED!!! YAY.

:laugh:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Happily married 21 years to MFP Member Mariettarose, who has lost a ton and looks like Wonder Woman with a bad dye job.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/Mariettarose

Everybody leave her a note, tell her she's kicking butt. She's shy.
  • tubbytabbytales
    Options
    Happily married 21 years to MFP Member Mariettarose, who has lost a ton and looks like Wonder Woman with a bad dye job.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/Mariettarose

Everybody leave her a note, tell her she's kicking butt. She's shy.

awwwwwwwwwww! YAY!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    Question:

Who all here is married?

Not me.

Me neither.

And no, Lauryn. YOU ARE NOT MARRIED!!! YAY.

:laugh:

hahahahaha, I don't think so either!! :wink:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    Did you know.....

The original tradition of kissing under the mistletoe included one important step that has been forgotten. For each kiss under the mistletoe, the kissing couple was supposed to remove a berry. When all the berries were gone, the mistletoes' "kissing power" was gone and no more kisses were to be shared under the mistletoe.

Source: some friend's post on Facebook. It's legit. Like everything else you read on the internet. :wink:
  • tubbytabbytales
    Options
    Did you know.....

The original tradition of kissing under the mistletoe included one important step that has been forgotten. For each kiss under the mistletoe, the kissing couple was supposed to remove a berry. When all the berries were gone, the mistletoes' "kissing power" was gone and no more kisses were to be shared under the mistletoe.

Source: some friend's post on Facebook. It's legit. Like everything else you read on the internet. :wink:

awwwwwwwwwwww!

I've never even kissed under a mistletoe. :frown:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    Did you know.....

awwwwwwwwwwww!

I've never even kissed under a mistletoe. :frown:

Me either.
    Even being in a relationship that lasted 12 years.
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Question:

Who all here is married?

I've been married for 1 year and 5 months today!!!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    Question:

Who all here is married?

I've been married for 1 year and 5 months today!!!

'Gratz!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    How did the tradition of leaving milk and cookies out for Santa begin???
  • tubbytabbytales
    Options
    How did the tradition of leaving milk and cookies out for Santa begin???

I Googled. Of course.

A: Many theories
    Can't be sure but here are a few of the common theories:

-Do you know that the most popular cookie kids leave for Santa is the Oreo? Maybe that’s because over 9.1 billion of them are sold each year. There is no exact date recorded but the idea of leaving cookies for Santa started sometime in the 1930’s. Naughty kids use them to bribe Santa at the last minute and nice kids use them as a way of thanking him for all his hard work on Christmas Eve.

-Cookies and milk being left out for Santa Claus: the modern Christmas tree tradition came from western Germany, from a medieval custom, as a paradise tree -- a tree decorated with apples, wafers and/or cookies. When the "paradise tree" merged with Christianity and became part of the Christmas celebration cookies and wafers were still part of the decorations. As time passed Santa would often snack on a decoration (to keep in shape!). Children (and perhaps parents) noticed that there were decorations that had been snacked on (although in old times the snacking was done by mice too) and so began leaving them out on plates by the fire -- partially to keep them close to Santa's entrance and partially to keep the mice away. Homes that did not use wafers or cookies thought it would be nice to leave out something for me to munch on too after hearing stories from other families about how much Santa enjoyed their cookies. Eventually fewer and fewer people decorated the tree with food but wanted to keep up the tradition of leaving something for Santa Claus.

-The tradition of Christmas cookies for Santa isn’t an incredibly old one. In fact, it is believed to have emerged around the time of the Great Depression when parents wanted to inspire their children to share with others, especially in hard times.

-Straw and carrots are left for the reindeer. Hay was left for St. Nicholas's horse before 1821. These items were, at one time, left for the Magi's camels. Americans leave milk and cookies for Santa Claus. In England sherry and mince pie are left.

-The origin of leaving cookies is unknown, but an article for the Alibene Reproter-News (Texas), wrote the tradition may be similar to other European holiday customs like how Dutch children fill wooden shoes with hay for Santa's horses.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Question:

Who all here is married?
    Me to benw on here. He has been my adoring husband for 5 years and 3 months today
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Married almost 12 years! I did not find Mr. Right until my early 30's.

My kids would never leave Santa Oreos. It needs to homemade and decorated sugar cookies.
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    is this day ever going to end?!?!!?!?!
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options

Yes, but not for a few more years.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options

Yes, but not for a few more years.

I'm counting the seconds as they tick by.....
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    It will end at midnight because then it will be tomorrow.
  • m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    What causes time to go so very slowly on friday afternoon?
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    What causes time to go so very slowly on friday afternoon?

The vacuum of the job.
    WORK SUCKS!!! :wink: