Options
    Stupid people scare me.
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    Cibophobia (fear of food)
  • Serenstar75
    Serenstar75 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I fear fire the most, and losing those I love as I've lost so many people. The first one, they think it might be so irrationally strong because I was 3 years old and saw my mom electrocuted by a power line outside. She was smoking etc (she's fine, some nerve damage and the most amazing woman ever.) I don't remember the event, but ever since I had nightmares about fire. I couldn't cook for a long time as I was afraid of the stove. Gas stoves would especially freak me out and I'll only cook on electric. The smell of gas makes me feel horribly tense as if the place will blow in moments.

I remember TONS of things from age 1-3, but not that event. Ages 1-5 I have a lot of vivid memories, the strongest of any memories I have.
  • RainbowPride06
    Options
    So, I don't now the exact names of the phobias.

But I have extreme fears of :

- Needles (only IV and intramuscular needles)
    - Death / dying
    - Abandonment / loneliness
    - Weird noises (specifically air planes flying overhead or trains)
  • DaysFlyBy
    DaysFlyBy Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I'm terrified of heights & large bodies of water especially if the water is not crystal clear (oceans, lakes, rivers etc) I don't know if I'm more afraid of drowning or not being able to see WTF is down there ::shudder::. There's this clear skywalk-type thing, I think is in Chicago, anyway you're way the **** up there and you're walking and you can see everything below, like you're walking on air. I can't even look at PICTURES of that **** with out my heart slamming and my palms sweating, lol.

ETA it blows my mind when ppl see pictures of an ocean sunset, or palm trees and lounge chairs on the beach or pics from the deck of a cruise ship and they OOOH & AHHH over it like it's the most relaxing, gorgeous thing they've ever seen...when all I see is an unpredictable beast with the power to swallow you whole at any moment lol. Even the sound of ocean waves lapping the shore makes me nervous lol.
  • ToneItUp87
    Options
    Gephyrophobia.
    Muniphobia.
    Claustrophobia.

I also have a fear of being in cars in general.

I'm all kinds of fudged up.

Gephyrophobia omg i didnt know it had a name.. i just thought i was f*cked up!! I think i have found my twin! <3

Sad that there's someone out there like me :( LOL
  • marketdimlylit
    marketdimlylit Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    I have a fear of waves (the ocean)
    Being in a crowd.
    Spiders and mosquitos.
  • NYChick84
    NYChick84 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I suffer greatly from stultophobia.
  • ChrisStoney
    ChrisStoney Posts: 479 Member
    Options

is that spelled right?
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Whats the phobia for dealing with stupid people? And carny folk, they have small hands.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    I have stupidthreadophobia.

:noway:
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I have stupidthreadophobia.

:noway:

And this too.
  • cookn_mama
    cookn_mama Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    EEEUUUUWWWW!!! I don't know what kind of creepy crawling bug that is, but gross. My fear is of water: flooded land, roads, bridges. and also CHICKENS or anything with feathers. Only good chicken is dead and fried for dinner!!!
  • NYChick84
    NYChick84 Posts: 331 Member
    Options

is that spelled right?

I googled it...I guess so...lol "Stultophobia is not in the English dictionary, however stulto means stupid in latin so hence the term stultophobia" lol
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    i have certain scenarios (situational) i dont like being in, while driving. for example, i get anxiety/nervous in traffic jams, driving in storms and driving on OVERPASSES over the freeway. i WILL NOT. get on a freeway. I still drive, I have to, so I can go to work and stuff....i just struggle and normally just talk to people on the phone (i know thats bad) when i get in these situational things that i have no way around. it helps distract and calm me down.
  • EndlessSacrifice
    Options
    I'm severely afraid of wide, open spaces.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Claustrophobia

But those bug pictures are freaking me out.. I bet I have all of the bug phobias.
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I have Athazagoraphobia, Arachnophobia, Chlostro and Clesiophobia (they're pretty similar), Coulrophobia, and Basiphobia.

Though my favorite phobia (which I do not have) is hippopotomonstrosousquipediliaphobia. xD
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I'm claustrophobic. Have to have a window open and the door cracked in order to sleep at night.
  • FelicityEliza36
    FelicityEliza36 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Mine is Phasmophobia.

A lot of people talk about living on their own and being afraid of burglers, murders, etc.

Im afraid of whats under my bed, in my closet, or watching me from beyond.