What phobia do you have?

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• Boppinbird
    Options
    Oh I'm also a bit claustrophobic. I hate being crowded. I hate closed in places. Had a panic attack in HMV once because it was cluttered up with shelving and there was no air.
  • CharityEaton
    Options
    chalk.....I seriously hate chalk...it gives me chills just to type the word. I friek out if I see it or hear it. I have to be INSIDE when my kids use sidewalk chalk....and even then I still get chills knowing they are using it.

I am also terrified of stairs with no back on them...you know like a look-out tower or something. I will sit on my butt and scoot down them.

and of course spiders.....they are creepy, crawly, hairy, eyebally, nasty little critters and they are everywhere.
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I fear touching the bottom of bags or pockets... I try and push past it as I realise it is pathetic but if I have to do it I have to wash my hands... or rub them a lot... I don't actually know whether this is a form of OCD...
  • plantgrrl
    plantgrrl Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I have these:

Atychiphobia- fear of imperfection
    Catagelophobia- Fear of being ridiculed.
    Glossophobia- Fear of speaking in public or of trying to speak (only sometimes)
    Kakorrhaphiophobia- Fear of failure or defeat.
    Social Phobia- Fear of being evaluated negatively in social situations.
    Soteriophobia - Fear of dependence on others.

I'm not sure it's a phobia YET, but I REALLY, REALLY hate mosquitoes. I'm not "afraid" per se, unless those little *kitten* get inside the house, then...IT'S ON!

My husband totally has this(not joking!) Decidophobia- Fear of making decisions. (The again he's got a fear of spiders, heights, being poor...)

I swear we're fine though. We just deal with it.
  • LucilleHighball
    LucilleHighball Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Emetophobia - fear of being sick - fear of vomit.
    I have OCD thanks to this.
    Good news, I have been treated for a few years, so the fear has gone away mostly, bad thing, I gained a lot of weight since I wasn't afraid of eating anymore.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    What is your phobia or what are you scared of?

Mine is trypophobia. (have fun with googling that once you see what it is I bet some of you will realize you have this too!)

OMG I had to google the word. Haha. I've hated that kind of stuff since I saw a photo like that in 2004. It makes me feel so weird when I look at the pics. Yuck! Now at least I know I'm not alone and there is a word for it.

Oddly enough my other uncommon phobia is telephonophobia. I'm not sure why but anything to do with phones and strangers scares me. If I know the person that is okay. Texting is fine but I just don't like calling companies, talking to strangers, having people call me etc. It has made some jobs I've had very difficult.

I have a few others but those are major ones above (as well as the common spider ones but I've gotten better with spiders at least).

Oh and edited to add: mirrors are another huge one for me. I don't like two things....Mirrors in the dark-thats the main one. Second, scaring at myself in the mirror-after a while it freaks me out.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    faak, now i cant get the hole - pic outta my head. SOOOOOO creepy. ewww

There was one that ****ed me for years. A photoshopped pic of a lotus seed pod on a boob over the nipple saying it was some kind of parasite infestation. OMG. Nearly vomit thinking of it.

I also can't eat at a place that serves those lotus chips. OMG! What if one touched MY FOOD! Cannot do iiit!

Haha that was the pic I saw that freaked me out the first time too!!
  • Terryism
    Terryism Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I have Ichthyophobia, fear of fish, it's stupid and I can't explain it....
  • cuarrech
    cuarrech Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    What is your phobia or what are you scared of?

Mine is trypophobia. (have fun with googling that once you see what it is I bet some of you will realize you have this too!)

Check out the Surinam toad if you want to tickle that fear. An animal that uses that sort of thing as a reproductive strategy... I always found it kinda ookie.
  • mommy2AR
    mommy2AR Posts: 2,802 Member
    Options
    Biggest fear = heights