Who else is on MFP on a Saturday night?

Options

Replies

• jessicajoy87
    Options
    That's OK. For some the weight comes off first then the inches, some vice versa. It will all eventually catch up.:laugh:

You doing cardio?

What kind of cadio do you do?

I use to do the tae bo. But it was too hard on my knees. Now I do some of Jillian Micheal's stuff.. like the low impact stuff... then again I usually just you tube it and what ever looks interesting is what I do lol... but I haven't done it for a while. I burn over 700 calories a day at my work so by the time I get home I'm worn out.

Oh. I tried to do the 30 day shred. I about died!
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Oh my. I'm not sure what that is... but it doesn't sound good. I can do cardio for like ten minutes and I'm worn out. I was hoping to lose some of the weight first so that my body wasn't as heavy and hard on my heart but I haven't tried it out yet lol. I do have more energy but I haven't tried my cardio yet. I am doing a sit up challenge now... 200 sit ups in a row with in 6 weeks... I did 100 tonight.. and I'm really starting to feel it

I'm starting that challenge too - I'm doing day one tomorrow. Did you join the thread about it?

I did. I checked out the website and joined the site where you can log all your progress.

I didn't do that, maybe I'll look into it. I'm starting that, the push-up challenge and the C25k challenge tomorrow and made myself a fancy little spreadsheet to keep track of all of them. Figured I'd tape one on my wall in my little workout room and keep track on my laptop. Really hoping I stick with them - I tend to get really bored.
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    I am from Misery, er, Missouri. :laugh:

I'd like to visit Missouri someday soon. Unity Village to be exact. I've only seen pictures and heard stories. I know a minister there too. Seems like a nice enough place.

Unity Village is close near KC, I think (Kansas City).

Have you ever been there? It looks so pretty in the pictures. Like I wouldn't even need a hotel. Just sleep on the grass and be totally peaceful.

I have never been there, but have heard of it. I know they are big on the power of prayer, and so am I!!! :happy:

Yup, its the home of Silent Unity. Boy have I used that service a time or 2000! I read the story of how it started and would love to see it. There is someone there 24/7 in prayer. That is sooo cool to me! I know several ministers who were trained there. Never heard a bad thing. Except for the conspiracy theorists on youtube, LMAO The crazy things people come up with holy moly!
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    Good night evryone! I have to get up early with my kiddos!
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    Good night everyone! Hope everyone has a great Saturday night...I took some Nyquil and I'm out

Good night!
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    [/quote]
    Yup, its the home of Silent Unity. Boy have I used that service a time or 2000! I read the story of how it started and would love to see it. There is someone there 24/7 in prayer. That is sooo cool to me! I know several ministers who were trained there. Never heard a bad thing. Except for the conspiracy theorists on youtube, LMAO The crazy things people come up with holy moly!
    [/quote]

Well, wherever there is any opportunity for criticism, the youtubers will find it! LOL
  • bluenote
    Options
    Goodnight Jessica! You are in my prayers!
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    Oh my. I'm not sure what that is... but it doesn't sound good. I can do cardio for like ten minutes and I'm worn out. I was hoping to lose some of the weight first so that my body wasn't as heavy and hard on my heart but I haven't tried it out yet lol. I do have more energy but I haven't tried my cardio yet. I am doing a sit up challenge now... 200 sit ups in a row with in 6 weeks... I did 100 tonight.. and I'm really starting to feel it

I'm starting that challenge too - I'm doing day one tomorrow. Did you join the thread about it?

I did. I checked out the website and joined the site where you can log all your progress.

I didn't do that, maybe I'll look into it. I'm starting that, the push-up challenge and the C25k challenge tomorrow and made myself a fancy little spreadsheet to keep track of all of them. Figured I'd tape one on my wall in my little workout room and keep track on my laptop. Really hoping I stick with them - I tend to get really bored.

C25K ROCKS! I love to run!
  • pawprint061
    Options
    That's OK. For some the weight comes off first then the inches, some vice versa. It will all eventually catch up.:laugh:

You doing cardio?

What kind of cadio do you do?

I use to do the tae bo. But it was too hard on my knees. Now I do some of Jillian Micheal's stuff.. like the low impact stuff... then again I usually just you tube it and what ever looks interesting is what I do lol... but I haven't done it for a while. I burn over 700 calories a day at my work so by the time I get home I'm worn out.

Oh. I tried to do the 30 day shred. I about died!

Me too lol
  • pawprint061
    Options

Good luck with it all. I just don't have the stamina to do much. It sucks.
  • McFatterton
    Options

I did my first 5k on Thanksgiving and almost died! I only jogged maybe an 1/8 of it and it really made me want to do another one and actually jog the whole thing.
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    [/quote]

Well, wherever there is any opportunity for criticism, the youtubers will find it! LOL
    [/quote]

LOL! Right! I, for some reason, watched a series of videos on how Obama is the Anti-christ..... love conspiracy....but holy crap! Turned into a comedy for me! Its funny how anyone can post something and consider them selves an expert. I think that was the funniest thing I ever seen! (I appreciate a good conspiracy theory from educated fact, this was absolutely hilarious!)
  • bluenote
    Options

I did my first 5k on Thanksgiving and almost died! I only jogged maybe an 1/8 of it and it really made me want to do another one and actually jog the whole thing.

The only way I'm running is if my house is on fire! LOL My doc told me I can only bike, walk, or swim for awhile until I lose more weight. :tongue:
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options

Good luck with it all. I just don't have the stamina to do much. It sucks.

I can relate. I'm having a health challenge right now. I love running, walking and riding. I'm lucky if I can get the laundry done right now.
  • bluenote
    Options

[/quote]

LOL! Right! I, for some reason, watched a series of videos on how Obama is the Anti-christ..... love conspiracy....but holy crap! Turned into a comedy for me! Its funny how anyone can post something and consider them selves an expert. I think that was the funniest thing I ever seen! (I appreciate a good conspiracy theory from educated fact, this was absolutely hilarious!)
    [/quote]

I seriously KNOW someone who thinks Obama IS the anti-Christ! Unreal.
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options

Detroit Turkey Trot?
  • McFatterton
    Options

Detroit Turkey Trot?

No, I was in VA at my sister's for Thanksgiving so it was the Fredricksburg, VA Turkey Trot :happy:
  • McFatterton
    Options
    Alright, I'm gonna try to go to bed again. Another thing I've lost with age is the ability to sleep in so I know that I'll be up early no matter what time I go to bed. Should probably try to sleep sooner rather than later. Have a great night everyone!
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options

[/quote]

I seriously KNOW someone who thinks Obama IS the anti-Christ! Unreal.
    [/quote]

Ha! That is interesting! I only know people who hate him. I'm neutral. But I do admit to reading the stuff. Amazing how people access things. Thank God for a sense of humor!
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    Alright, I'm gonna try to go to bed again. Another thing I've lost with age is the ability to sleep in so I know that I'll be up early no matter what time I go to bed. Should probably try to sleep sooner rather than later. Have a great night everyone!

Good night!