80 DAY WEIGHT LOSS QUESTION CHALLENGE! (text heavy)

Options

Replies

• melaniejo527
    melaniejo527 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    8. Write your current weight. Have you lost anything in the past week? If not, what are your plans for this week?

Current Weight is 206.2. Lost 1.2 pounds this week. My plan this week is to try not to gain over the Thanksgiving holiday..
  • dancerom
    dancerom Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    25. Today you will try a new smoothie. Find a new healthy recipe online and mix & match fruits and veggies and enjoy! But it must be totally new and adventurous!

I did this a few days ago when I started my new green spinach-avocado-grapefruit smoothie. I love it so much I'm having it every day right now. And if I'm getting bored with it, I'm gonna change it into something new... maybe with celery or fennel ;-)
  • HelenDootson
    HelenDootson Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    1. Write your current stats: height, current weight and goal weight. Why are you losing weight?

Height - 5ft 9in
    CW - 217lbs
    GW - 154lb
    Reason - Bored of having no choice of clothes and being the fat Mum/Wife/Friend
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    24. Have you ever had an eating disorder?

I didn't have an eating disorder. I had a disordered style of life and eating. And a bad comprehension of calorie intake.
  • scheatwood
    scheatwood Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    80. Write your current weight. Have you lost anything in the past week? If not, what are your plans for this week? + Today is the last
    day of this challenge. After writing your stats, describe how you’ll continue eating/exercising from now on!
    188! I've lost a total of 32 pounds since starting this! I love my new lifestyle!
  • minisumo
    minisumo Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    33. Are you on a diet or are you making this a lifestyle?

Trying to make it a lifestyle - I'm not cutting out 'bad' foods, I'm just being more mindful about what I eat. To be honest, it's less about the diet and more about the exercise - making sure I exercise at least 5 times a week, and making sure that it's a proper workout, not just meandering around a shopping mall :)
  • dancerom
    Options
    26. Do your friends know about you wanting to lose weight? Do they support you?

Some of them know. But most not. Do they support me? Some of them do - sometimes. And some not... One of my best friends and coworker is pretty overweight. But he doesn't want to lose but is hiding behind being happy. It's sometimes hard, as we eat maybe 3 times a weak together. It's either at my home. Then I can cook and he likes my way of cooking, but then brings some almond cinnamon rolls with him (my favorites!) as he always did... this is hard for him to change and sometimes hard for me.. but as I feel more like changing and not like crash dieting I eat a bit if I'm in the mood for and can arrange it with my blood sugar and calories...
    But I don't want all of my friends to know. It's my thing. I don't want it public and a theme of interest!
  • melaniejo527
    Options
    9. What is your favorite type of cardio?

I would have to say its a toss up between the elliptical or Zumba class... just depending on my mood.
  • HelenDootson
    Options
    2. Describe your dream/goal body.

Curvy, slightly top heavy :wink: , slim but most importantly firm - I hate the wobble
  • ClementineGeorg
    Options
    25. Today you will try a new smoothie. Find a new healthy recipe online and mix & match fruits and veggies and enjoy! But it must be totally new and adventurous!
    For me it was new and adventurous to make a smoothie. :lol:
  • minisumo
    minisumo Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    34. Do you take your meals from home to work? If so, what do you usually prepare?

Yes. Breakfast is fresh fruit and plain yoghurt, lunch is either a salad or a cup-a-soup (if I'm being really lazy or it's the end of the month and I have no money!)
  • dancerom
    Options
    27. Does your family support you in your weight loss?
    They don't even know.
    But as I live alone and don't see them often they don't have to know. And from my experience, no they would not...
  • HelenDootson
    Options
    3. Is your UGW in an unhealthy range of BMI?
    No, pretty much in the middle
  • melaniejo527
    Options
    10. Do you count calories? If so, what is your daily limit?

I am learning to count calories.. I have done WW in the past so I have a decent idea of what I can eat, but I enter my food as I eat on the diary so I know where I am at throughout the day.. I try to stay around 1600 or 1700 calories a day.
  • gmbomm
    Options
  • ClementineGeorg
    Options
    26. Do your friends know about you wanting to lose weight? Do they support you?
    Well, I do not actually speak to people about my weight loss, so few know (I think).
    I live with my brother and he actually knows that I changed my habbits (meaning I weight all the things I eat) and he supports me in his way.
  • HelenDootson
    Options
    4. Have a vegan day today. No meat, no eggs, no dairy, no animal products whatsoever. Give it a try!
    Too late for today, will give it a go tomorrow
  • dancerom
    Options
    28. What is your favorite type of snack?

It's nuts (almonds, salted peanuts) or dried meat, like bresaola or beef jerky.
    Or a boiled egg. And sometimes some 90%chocolate.
    But I'm not a sweet snacker. Or I'm not supposed to eat sweet snacks. This is sometimes hard, because the sweet stuff us around and available and the other I have to bring with ne...
  • ClementineGeorg
    Options
    27. Does your family support you in your weight loss?
    Yes, I have the family support, even if they don't quite trust this method of losing.
  • ClementineGeorg
    Options
    28. What is your favorite type of snack?

Oven roasted almonds. Nuts in general.