80 DAY WEIGHT LOSS QUESTION CHALLENGE! (text heavy)

Options

Replies

• ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    33. Are you on a diet or are you making this a lifestyle?
    It is more of a lifestyle. I'm not restricting myself very much (while still remaining in a calorie goal) and I am trying to eat various things, in small quantities, so I will not miss something.
    I can definetly see myself doing something like this all my life.
  • dancerom
    dancerom Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    32. Try a new fruit today. Learn how to cut/eat it and enjoy! How was it?
    oh... today... today has only 10 more minutes here and then is tomorrow..
    and I had no fruits today. not a single one. not an old and not a new one.
    I had a weird day today. Almost no time for eating or shopping and a pretty empty fridge.
    So I just had some protein shakes, a green smoothie and some vegetable juices.
    Not unhealthy but weird....
    We'll see I might go with some fruits in the weekend, but most of them are too sugary for my metabolism :-(
  • ClementineGeorg
    Options
    34. Do you take your meals from home to work? If so, what do you usually prepare?
    I always take snacks to work. I'm on 3 meals + 2 snacks, so it's important to have good stuff prepared.
    In the days I go to university in the evening I pack lunch (sandwiches), in the other days I eat at restaurant and caffeterias around work as they have varieties of meals, and I can always find something healthy (well... a salad without dressing and grilled chicken are always at hand).
    I am very proud of myself that over the 2 months I have started building very good sandwiches in terms of nutrition and weightloss.
  • melaniejo527
    melaniejo527 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    17. Do you have a special event/date you want to lose the weight for?
    I am getting married in August so I want to look my best for that event... but more importantly I want to lose weight for my life not just an event in my life.
  • dancerom
    Options
    33. Are you on a diet or are you making this a lifestyle?

I'm in between. I just recently learned that I have pro/ir. That's why I need to lose some 20 lbs of body fat. For this I'm kind of dieting. But in a way that is close to how I will/want/have to eat forever... For me the difference is in how much I really count or if just feel and eat healthy and observe in a bigger picture if the pants still fit ;-)
  • melaniejo527
    Options
    18. Try to use as little salt as possible today or maybe even none! Don’t buy microwave meals and don’t eat foods high in sodium.

Yogurt, hardboiled eggs, subway sandwich... so far no microwave and the ham had sodium, but otherwise I think I am doing fairly well so far.
  • HelenDootson
    HelenDootson Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    10. Do you count calories? If so, what is your daily limit?
    Yes, currently 1340
  • ClementineGeorg
    Options
    35. Have you ever fasted? What was the reason for it?
    I have only fasted for religious reassons, in my childhood and teens.
  • dancerom
    Options
    34. Do you take your meals from home to work? If so, what do you usually prepare?

I work a lot from home. And I mostly have some snacks like nuts with me.
  • ClementineGeorg
    Options
    36. Write your current weight. Have you lost anything in the past week? If not, what are your plans for this week?
    My current weight is 86.6 kg (191 lbs). After 2 weeks of very low loss, the 0.8 kg (almost 2 pounds) los in a week occured. I'll just go on with my current plan. I hope to get a longer period of stable 1 lbs/week loss, just before the holidays.
  • dancerom
    Options
    35. Have you ever fasted? What was the reason for it?

I have done a few juice fastings in my teens, I thought they might help. And in a way they did. But I would never ever do this again, too much sugar for my body to process and too little protein...
    And I did some ramadan days when I lived in Egypt and spent them with my friends. (But usually I sneaked out for some water)...
  • ClementineGeorg
    Options
    37. Have you ever purged? If so, how did you feel afterwords?
    No.
  • melaniejo527
    Options
    19. Are you losing weight the healthy (<2lbs/week) or the unhealthy (>2lbs/week) way?
    I am losing the healthy way... there have been some weeks where I lost more than 2 pounds and others where its much less.

20. Who is your biggest weight loss inspiration and why?
    I have a friend who has lost 150 pounds and kept it off for more than 10 years... her dedication and lifestyle changes have been a huge inspiration to me.
  • minisumo
    minisumo Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    39. Try a new veggie today. Learn how to prepare it and enjoy! How was it?

Hmmm, will see what weird and wonderful veggies they have at the local shop and update tomorrow!
  • melaniejo527
    Options
    21. Do you focus more on getting lean and mean or tiny and fragile?
    Right now I am just focusing on losing pounds, but I would rather be lean and mean than tiny and fragile.
  • Fat2Fit145
    Fat2Fit145 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Ok i'll try to remember o do this everyday....and i'll go in order to make it earier....

1. Write your current stats: height, current weight and goal weight. Why are you losing weight?

Heigh-5'2.5
    CW-171.8
    GW-145
    Losing wieght to that i can be comfortable in clothes, be more confident, look good in anything and i just dont like being FAT....and to get healthy :)
  • ClementineGeorg
    Options
    38. Have you ever binged? If so, what is your binge food?
    I did binged before starting here on MFP. There were nights in which I ate more than I needed in a day just of pure boredom. Never had an actually binge food... just what I had at hand. I simply did not know where to stop.
  • melaniejo527
    Options
    15. Write your current weight. Have you lost anything in the past week? If not, what are your plans for this week?
    I didn't lose any weight this last week but that's because I spent most of the weekend driving all over the state of Iowa and made horrible fast food eating choices most of the weekend...
  • dancerom
    Options
    36. Write your current weight. Have you lost anything in the past week? If not, what are your plans for this week?
    66kg
    it's 1/2 kg less (a bit more than a pound) than last week. I'm happy and going on doing what I'm doing.
  • ClementineGeorg
    Options
    39. Try a new veggie today. Learn how to prepare it and enjoy! How was it?
    I've already tried every vegetable that can be found here. :D