80 DAY WEIGHT LOSS QUESTION CHALLENGE! (text heavy)

Options

Replies

• melaniejo527
    melaniejo527 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    11. Today you will be cooking for your whole family. Find a healthy recipe online that they will also enjoy and show them how tasty healthy food can be!
    We just ate leftovers from Thanksgiving yesterday, so I'll do this today.

12. What is your least favorite type of cardio?
    I hate stair climbing... ugh
  • HelenDootson
    HelenDootson Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    5. What is your favorite healthy food?
    Sushi - Yum!!
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    29. Write your current weight. Have you lost anything in the past week? If not, what are your plans for this week?
    87.4 kg (about 192.7 lbs). I have lost 200 g (less than half a pound) this week and I am thinking that I need to change something.
  • minisumo
    minisumo Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    35. Have you ever fasted? What was the reason for it?

Yes. My first fast was when I was about 14 and was a sponsored 24-hour fast for charity. I have also fasted in support of Muslim friends during Ramadan but have never made it past the first week!

I'm currently doing 5:2 which advocates fasting for 24 hours twice a week. This means I have a normal day of eating, ending with dinner and then eat nothing until dinner the following evening. On fast days I have to limit my intake to 500 cals. It's very effective and I find it easy to follow.
  • dancerom
    dancerom Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    29. Write your current weight. Have you lost anything in the past week? If not, what are your plans for this week?

I'm back. I took 2 days 'off'. I had a nice weekend with not counting strictly (still logging though) and not exercising (still dancing and walking a lot...) and I'm 1 kg (2 lbs) than 9 days ago.
    I'm happy with the outcome. And I need those days if I really want to make it for ever!
    So I just go on and do my 30ds again this week!

A wish every one a wonderful week!
  • HelenDootson
    Options
    6. What is your favorite unhealthy food?
    Wine ;)
  • katemateg
    katemateg Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    35. have I ever fasted? Yes, a couple of times when a teen for charity

36. Current weight 58.7kg I'm at goal now :0)

37. Have I ever purged? once! Yes. I ate cake for breakfast one Monday morning when I was hoping to cut back on my sugary snacks. I was so angry with myself. Though I tried and failed to bring it back. I gave myself a good talking to and made myself realise that having control before I eat it would be far healthier:blushing:

38. Ever binged? Yes, way too often on cakes, cookies, chocolate, sweets. Anything sugary. Trying to limit it big style though. And I am winning :laugh:

40. Body frame? Medium
  • ClementineGeorg
    Options
    30. Are you a vegan or a vegetarian?
    No.
  • melaniejo527
    Options
    13. What is your favorite type of strength exercise?
    During Zumba we do a song or 2 with weights and squats, curls, etc.

14. What is your least favorite type of strength exercise?
    I dislike most strength exercises... any suggestions?
  • minisumo
    Options
    36. Write your current weight. Have you lost anything in the past week? If not, what are your plans for this week?
    148lbs. My weight's been up and down all week! Plans are to keep up what I've been doing, I'm enjoying myself and I know I'll see results eventually.

37. Have you ever purged? If so, how did you feel afterwords?
    No. I couldn't deliberately choose to throw up. Besides, I don't think my body would allow it - it loves food as much as I do!
  • dancerom
    Options
    30. Are you a vegan or a vegetarian?
    I used to be a super strict vegetarian sometimes close to veganism for 30 years.
    I did just not like that meat and stuff. I thought it's disgusting.

Then I changed and I started to like it. Now I love some good beef or chicken now and then. But I still don't like and don't eat pork.
  • ClementineGeorg
    Options
    31. What are your favorite workout clothes you own?
    I don't have a favorite thing... I just work out in the t-shirt or top I have on. I may change my house pants into something more fitted to not bother me during workouts.
  • melaniejo527
    Options
    15. Write your current weight. Have you lost anything in the past week? If not, what are your plans for this week?

Sunday when I weighed in it said 204.6... today I was at 206... I am hoping that is just water weight and no exercise on Monday... guess I'll be reving up the exercise for the rest of the week.
  • katemateg
    katemateg Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    41. What country am I from and is It healthy?

The UK. It is easy to eat healthily here if you hang around with other healthy people and buy from the supermarkets.

42. How many meals in a day? 3 I used to snack more but ate too much

43. Current weight. 58.2kg yesterday. At goal. Happy with that. Continue the same

44. I have a husband. He too is on Mfp. Normally supportive

45. Do you have a rest day? I work shifts, 12.5 hour days o r nights. I only workout on my days off or if on nights. This normally means running. I am training for my 8th marathon. I tend to run 4 days per week.

47. Do I have a forbidden food? Sort of! I quit chocolate for a few weeks at a time. I gave it up for Lent, ate it for 2 days at Easter, then quit again till my birthday mid May, then quit again till mid July when I went on hols, then quit again till my next holiday in September. I ate it last after my ultra marathon 7 weeks ago and will next have it on the 23rd December after my next full marathon.
  • HelenDootson
    Options
    So busy yesterday did not have time to do this so two for today :)

7. What is your least favorite healthy food?
    Avocado

8. Write your current weight. Have you lost anything in the past week? If not, what are your plans for this week?
    213lbs down 4lbs on last week :happy: so more of the same this week
  • melaniejo527
    Options
    16. Which part of your body do you wish to change the most and why?

I hate my stomach.. I seem to carry most of my weight around my spare tire area :(
  • ClementineGeorg
    Options
    32. Try a new fruit today. Learn how to cut/eat it and enjoy! How was it?
    Well, I have eaten every fruit I have found on the market (around here the exotic range is rather little, though). The last fruit I tried was star fruit.
  • dancerom
    Options
    31. What are your favorite workout clothes you own?

booah... I own so many work out and dancing clothes because I'm dancing and teaching so much (I change about three times daily into new work out/dancing clothes), so it's hard to say. But I have bunch of new t-shirts with the logo of my dance school on the chest. I really love them!
    And all my black pants some are from h&m and some from venice beach or danza.
    And then I LOOOOVE my hoodies. In all colors. And two also with my logo on the back. You hardly never see me without one of those ;-)
  • minisumo
    Options
    38. Have you ever binged? If so, what is your binge food?

Nope. Thankfully I've never had the inclination.
  • HelenDootson
    Options
    9. What is your favorite type of cardio?
    Kayaking in summer Running in winter