Why don't some chicks wear bras?

Options

Replies

• I couldn't go without a bra just because the under-boob sweat would drive me insane, and I'm only a 36C .3.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Don't you think it's kind of crazy women feel the need to wear a bra for purely esthetic reasons? It’s simply perpetuating an unnatural image of feminine ideals- that youth (ie perky breasts) is the only acceptable way to present yourself in public. I have large breasts and wear a bra, but I hate it sometime so much I want to scream. My under-boob has permanent red marks and my shoulders have grooves in them- it’s simply not healthy. I’m not hippie enough and I have a professional job, so I can’t do what I want and balk at society’s absurdities, but I wish I could. The second I’m home, the bra is off.

Aesthetic? When you're large chested it HURTS not to wear one. Period. Nothing aesthetic there.

Don't you think it's crazy that women plaster their faces with makeup everyday for purely aesthetic reasons? Or wear nice clothes for purely aesthetic reasons or heck, wash their hair every day for purely aesthetic reasons.
  • zambodiare
    Options
    also....in response to what someone else said about nipples...I don't want mine to show for the best reason of all....THEY NEVER POINT IN THE SAME DIRECTION!!! It's like having a major lazy eye!! But it's lazy boobs!! And that's just not attractive to me.
  • bethfartman
    bethfartman Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I don't give a hoot about my nipples showing, it's merely a biological response- I never wear padded bras. Do you feel ashamed if you have goosebumps on your arms or when you sneeze too? Everyone has nipples, everyone has genitalia- what's the big deal?

Haw many guys do you see walking around with a hard on in public with no shame?

Your nipples being erect is not always a sexual response, it'smore often a response to the enviromental temperatures or them bumping up against something. I don't care about seeing a boner either, though, but that may be just me.
  • Prettylittlelotus
    Prettylittlelotus Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    *****es be crazy.
  • Just_One_Me
    Just_One_Me Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm more comfortable without one and Yes, I take advbantage of not needing one yet ! , HOWEVER , when I know I'm going to be around a lot of people then I do wear one, I can't go around shooting people all day. LOL ! :laugh:
  • jeddy3mcc
    jeddy3mcc Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    How else am I gonna attract men when I'm shoppin' at the Piggly Wiggly? My bouncy unrestrained boobs and hair wrapped in curlers is such a turn on.

Awesome Answer!
  • bethfartman
    Options
    Don't you think it's kind of crazy women feel the need to wear a bra for purely esthetic reasons? It’s simply perpetuating an unnatural image of feminine ideals- that youth (ie perky breasts) is the only acceptable way to present yourself in public. I have large breasts and wear a bra, but I hate it sometime so much I want to scream. My under-boob has permanent red marks and my shoulders have grooves in them- it’s simply not healthy. I’m not hippie enough and I have a professional job, so I can’t do what I want and balk at society’s absurdities, but I wish I could. The second I’m home, the bra is off.

Aesthetic? When you're large chested it HURTS not to wear one. Period. Nothing aesthetic there.

Don't you think it's crazy that women plaster their faces with makeup everyday for purely aesthetic reasons? Or wear nice clothes for purely aesthetic reasons or heck, wash their hair every day for purely aesthetic reasons.

My breasts are quite large and they hurt terribly when I take a bra off after a long day, they don't hurt at all when I don't wear a bra all day. Of course they hurt when I exercise without one and I would never go for a jog braless. If it hurts not to wear one, then by all means do and I would never judge you, but for most people it's esthetic (which is fine too, I just think it's silly and a detriment to the world view of the female form.) And yes, I think makeup and expensive clothing is ridiculous in the grand scheme of things, as well.
  • asprague917
    Options
    being a stay at home mom for the past 10 months to a baby i never where one while at home, and throw a sports bra on when i go out or go walking...normal bras are uncomfortable for me now bc im so used to no bra
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    I've got ginormous boobs, so if I can get away with wearing a halter or something that doesn't require me being stabbed with underwire, I'll take it. Most of the clothes I own are strapless or halters, with a few tanktops thrown in that obviously require a bra. But, if I can get away with not wearing a bra while still looking decent, I'll sure as eff take it - underwire is killer.
  • hkevans724
    hkevans724 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I live in the south, but this belle pins her babies up when in public, but get me home and im opening the gates and letting them run free.

THIS^^^^^^^ I would love to be small enough to free boob!! I also believe that there should be an age limit. I think if you have had kids, put them away, if you are over 30 put them away... if they are huge put them away... I am huge and over 30 so the moment I walk in the house, they are free :)
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    but for most people it's esthetic (which is fine too, I just think it's silly and a detriment to the world view of the female form.) And yes, I think makeup and expensive clothing is ridiculous in the grand scheme of things, as well.

I tend to agree. But do cover my grey hairs,been going grey since I was 19, hate it, but am almost ready to be grey.
    But I hardly wear make up or fancy clothes. Unless for date night, because it makes my husband happy. I am more about comfort. If it's comfortable and clean, it's good enough by me ( and my face never feels clean with makeup). I don't even always match, sadly enough. And wear clothes inside out sometimes to avoid seams. I am getting better about matching though, finally at 40 years old.
  • hkevans724
    hkevans724 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Looking at all these replies is making me wonder if everyone is getting measured regularly and properly!

Before I got professionally measured I was wearing a C cup when I was an E- yes it was painful but I was too embarrassed to admit they were _that_ big! Now I regularly get them remeasured, especially whilst loosing weight, because I need lots of support as they are FF/G cups (depending on the bra styling). I have a great relationship with the owner of my local lingerie shop, who I coincidentally have to pass to go to the gym, so she keeps up with my progress and is looking for good sports bras suitable for me.

If it is uncomfortable to wear is it really the right size? They are designed to help distributed the weight of the boobage around the shoulders and bust band and if you're wearing the wrong size then it's not being sent to the right places. Trust me- it's painful wearing the wrong size!

For me it's about the underwire and side "bars" stabbing me in the arm pit... I wish we had a local bra shop that I could go too.. all I have is Walmart and the mall..
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options

For me it's about the underwire and side "bars" stabbing me in the arm pit... I wish we had a local bra shop that I could go too.. all I have is Walmart and the mall..

You have the Internets. Try some of the wire-less models out there. I'll never go back to wearing an underwire bra. Once you find a brand that has great support without the wire you'll never look back.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    [
    Looking at all these replies is making me wonder if everyone is getting measured regularly and properly!

Before I got professionally measured I was wearing a C cup when I was an E- yes it was painful but I was too embarrassed to admit they were _that_ big! Now I regularly get them remeasured, especially whilst loosing weight, because I need lots of support as they are FF/G cups (depending on the bra styling). I have a great relationship with the owner of my local lingerie shop, who I coincidentally have to pass to go to the gym, so she keeps up with my progress and is looking for good sports bras suitable for me.

If it is uncomfortable to wear is it really the right size? They are designed to help distributed the weight of the boobage around the shoulders and bust band and if you're wearing the wrong size then it's not being sent to the right places. Trust me- it's painful wearing the wrong size!

YES. Yes, I have been properly measured and sized at bra stores. I am barely 34 B. which is bigger than the 32AA I used to be post-Breastfeeding. But finally back to what I was before kids.

Yes, I am 40. Yes, I have had 3 kids. and yes, I go braless when I can. I do not sag and don't have enough under boob skin on skin to cause issues unless it is 100 degrees put or I biked 5 miles.
  • CyeRyn
    CyeRyn Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    "I'm freeeeee freee fallllin"
    Lol sorry.. song popped in my head when I read this. I'm small enough (sadly) that I can probably go around braless and no one would even notice. I don't do this however... I feel much comfortable in a deceiving push-up bra 24/7 to boost my self esteem.. even when no one is around to even care.
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I don't give a hoot about my nipples showing, it's merely a biological response- I never wear padded bras. Do you feel ashamed if you have goosebumps on your arms or when you sneeze too? Everyone has nipples, everyone has genitalia- what's the big deal?

Your nipples being erect is not always a sexual response, it'smore often a response to the enviromental temperatures or them bumping up against something. I don't care about seeing a boner either, though, but that may be just me.

not all penile erections are from a sexual response either (like morning wood).

I happen to look like my headlights are on all the time, it's humiliating when that's the only thing a guy can look at when I'm talking to them. I can wear a padded bra WITH cookies, and you can still hang a keychain off them.
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    I don't know why some girls do this, I wear a bra almost all the time! I don't even take my bra off when I sleep. I'm a 36C, it's not that big - average I suppose.
    I jog and need the support, I just also would feel so self conscious if I wasn't wearing one!! I wouldn't like a lot of people looking at my chest. I'd drive me crazy.

I think some people go bra less for comfort - making sure you wear the right size is also extremely important.
  • bethfartman
    Options

not all penile erections are from a sexual response either (like morning wood).

I happen to look like my headlights are on all the time, it's humiliating when that's the only thing a guy can look at when I'm talking to them. I can wear a padded bra WITH cookies, and you can still hang a keychain off them.

I've never met a man embarassed by his nocturnal penile tumescence. The men I wake up next to always seem pretty proud of it, actually. You shouldn't be ashamed of your body, period. Some guys are 'boob talkers,' but they generally get over it once they know you... or if you say something more interesting than your breasts
    ;-)
    All that is important is what makes you comfortable, though, no judgement here.
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I'm a 36E so for me bras are essential as I don't find it comfortable walking without one. My boobs move too much when I move and I prefer them to be securely in place! Plus I have so many gorgeous comfy bras they are part of my wardrobe - UK posters will know how good an M&S bra is!!

I was always told you should wear a bra regardless of how big or small your boobs are to support the ligaments and breast tissue because once they've gone only surgery can get that back!

But that said if I had small boobs I'd probably love wearing all those backless tops and dresses and going bra free!