Jessica Simpson Clueless(why am I surprised?)

Options

Replies

• IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    She'll be the new poster child for Jenny Craig in less than six months....

I got cash on it... who wants to bet me???

she already accepted WW a few months back
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why this is such a big deal and why people are hating on her so much. We're all here for a reason, MOST of us because we are over weight as well. How many women on here popped out a baby and was automatically back at their pre-pregnancy weight within a month? Leave her alone!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    She can sing. You don't have to be smart to sing. Is it really so hard to believe there are people in entertainment with low IQ's?

Umm I wouldn't really even go that far. Have you heard any of her stuff? Or heard her sing live? Yikes.

Fact: you do not have to be talented or intelligent to make it big.

just look really good....

I heard her sing live. In a mall. She sounded fantastic.

I didn't say she couldn't sing. I agreed that all you have to do to make it big is look hot. And, she's got that covered. Did and will again soon enough if she hasn't already shed that baby weight.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Regardless of her IQ...she's still gorgeous...even at 170lbs.
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    All women are clueless with their first pregnancy. I was. I watched friends of mine have their babies and get right back into their pre-pregnancy jeans within a couple of weeks. It actually happens that way for some, even the ones who gain more than is "recommended".

I'm not saying that Miss Simpson is a MENSA candidate, but post pregnancy weight is just like any other excess weight....some lose fast, some lose slow. Some have to work for it and some don't have to work *quite* as hard. It's metabolism and genetics.

Also, to quote Rachel Green....as far as all things pregnancy goes.....
    "No uterus, no opinion!" :wink:

(please, don't anyone get butthurt.....that last comment was a joke)
  • Hickyvikki69
    Hickyvikki69 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    why are ppl picking on her and her stupid mistakes...hey what other girl hasnt ate anything they wanted their first pregnancy...i sure in hell ate anything and everything....n i resulted in the same fat...felt helpless. do you want ppl talking bout you and ur mistakes...just cause she is a celebrity doesnt mean she isnt a person...grow up!
  • Hickyvikki69
    Hickyvikki69 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why this is such a big deal and why people are hating on her so much. We're all here for a reason, MOST of us because we are over weight as well. How many women on here popped out a baby and was automatically back at their pre-pregnancy weight within a month? Leave her alone!

good going!
  • ltfitz89
    ltfitz89 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    LOL i remember that episode! is it chicken or fish?
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    How many times is the chicken/fish comment going to be brought up in this thread. It's over now. The horse has BEEN dead.
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Thick ***** lol
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I'm amazed she can remember to breathe in and out honestly.
    couldn't have said it better!

I have actually met her and interviewed her for a newspaper article -- had an actual conversation with her where she had to answer questions that were not pre-screened.

She ain't no dummy. Sorry to burst your bubbles.

Then she puts on a good act.

Wouldn't you if it was making you millions? And don't forget that reality shows are mostly staged, cut and pasted together for the most drama. Nothing that happens on them is actually real.

I wish people would figure this out and stop watching that junk.

I have a friend who is a PA for reality shows and it is 100% staged and scripted. I remember when that Tila Tequila show was on, she said Tila actually had a boyfriend that would wait for her in the trailer and as soon as cameras stopped rolling she would refuse to talk to the people that were supposedly vying for her "love".

And the general public keeps making these people rich. :sick:
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    I gained 100lbs during my first pregnancy and I'm a freaking genius. It happens.

This.

And I agree, she's not as dumb as everyone thinks. With a camera recording every word, everyone would be caught saying "dumb" things. I know some very intelligent people who also have a tendency to say things that pop into their head without thinking. It makes for some good comic relief, but if you get to know them better you realize they are very smart. Just not good at playing it cool.

There are also a lot of mothers who perpetuate the idea that the baby weight "falls off so easily! Especially if you breast-feed!" That happens for a lucky few, but I did not fall into that group.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

I wish people would figure this out and stop watching that junk.

I have a friend who is a PA for reality shows and it is 100% staged and scripted. I remember when that Tila Tequila show was on, she said Tila actually had a boyfriend that would wait for her in the trailer and as soon as cameras stopped rolling she would refuse to talk to the people that were supposedly vying for her "love".

And the general public keeps making these people rich. :sick:

I saw Kim Kardashian interviewed once on Leno and she was talking about how they would do a scene that the director liked and they would have to go back and redo it a bunch of times for different effects and camera angles. It isn't exactly a secret, though I think they try to keep the illusion of a certain amount of reality.

The thing is, most of these people aren't good actors, so you can tell they're acting.
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I can't wait until she "debuts her new body" and the mags all start saying she shed the pounds and is back to her "pre-baby body" at "110 lbs!"

Please. Homegirl has not weighed 110 lbs since she was 12. Get real, girlfriend.

I read some article claiming that since she's 5'3" her "ideal weight" should be 115 lbs and she was "tipping the scales" at 140 lbs at one point. Really? I'm 5'3", have pretty much the same build as she does, and currently weigh 140 lbs. Ugh. Stupid magazines.

Btw, my favorite part is that she refuses to go running because her boobs are just too big at this point. Right. Put on a couple of sports bras, hit the treadmill, and stop complaining.

Not sure if you have kids and have nursed them, but huge boobies full of milk and trying to run just doesn't work very well. At least it didn't for me when I tried. She would have to put on a bunch of sports bras and tape those things up to make it slightly bareable. They can be QUITE HEAVY, PAINFUL AND LEAKY. Again, I'm only speaking from my experience. Other women may not have a problem with it.

I nursed, I have 34DD's to be honest... and I prefered the tightness of a sports bra anyway.

But did you try to run or do other high-impact exercises while lactating? And were you DD's at that time? I was DD before I gave birth but once I started lactating I swear mine felt like they doubled or tripled in size. I remember feeling like I had boulders on my chest. I tried a combo of regular, nursing and sports bras, and while they were fine for everyday activity, high-impact exercises didn't work for me during that time, especially between feedings. I can totally relate to what Jessica Simpson said. It's not as easy as strapping on a sports bra and hitting the treadmill to run for some of us. I would have loved to have been able to but they were too big, heavy and full.

And generally speaking to those calling her stupid,
    As far as her intellect, I hear she is an incredibly smart business woman who is taken very seriously in the fashion industry. She's turned a so-so music and reality career into a billion dollar business empire. That takes both brains and common sense. Please give credit where it is due.
  • firstnamekaren
    firstnamekaren Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Just felt like throwing my two cents in. I indulged in anything I wanted while I was pregnant. Because I was having a baby, and that deserves some rewards. I was also told, by a ton of people, that breastfeeding would just destroy calories and I would lose weight like nothing. Yeah it didn't work like that, and it took me a year to wake up and realize, hey, this weight isn't going to lose itself.

When you're pregnant, and after you've had that child, losing weight is the last thing on your mind. At least, it was for me. I mainly cared about keeping my baby safe and alive.
  • emmie0622
    emmie0622 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I believe she is known for being clueless/dumb so she plays the part. She has made a ton of money doing it.

Yep, smarter than the rest of us! She is loaded $$$$$$$$$$$$$
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Just felt like throwing my two cents in. I indulged in anything I wanted while I was pregnant. Because I was having a baby, and that deserves some rewards. I was also told, by a ton of people, that breastfeeding would just destroy calories and I would lose weight like nothing. Yeah it didn't work like that, and it took me a year to wake up and realize, hey, this weight isn't going to lose itself.

When you're pregnant, and after you've had that child, losing weight is the last thing on your mind. At least, it was for me. I mainly cared about keeping my baby safe and alive.

So true!! I banked on the breast feeding miracle and then my milk dried up as soon as I had to go back to work. So then I started gaining because I was so exhausted and focused on the baby that my eating right and working out got put on the back burner and I wasn't burning those magical BF'ing calories anymore.:sad:
  • hazelovesfood
    hazelovesfood Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    she's simply clueless!!! I loved watching her on that show with Nick. Wow she's really that clueless.
    But shes so pretty though, wish i looked like her.
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I gained 100lbs during my first pregnancy and I'm a freaking genius. It happens.

This.

And I agree, she's not as dumb as everyone thinks. With a camera recording every word, everyone would be caught saying "dumb" things. I know some very intelligent people who also have a tendency to say things that pop into their head without thinking. It makes for some good comic relief, but if you get to know them better you realize they are very smart. Just not good at playing it cool.

There are also a lot of mothers who perpetuate the idea that the baby weight "falls off so easily! Especially if you breast-feed!" That happens for a lucky few, but I did not fall into that group.

Right......hell, my daughter asked me once how blind people know when the traffic light turns green.
    My daughter is not stupid....she simply had a "moment" LOL
    We all have them. :smile:
  • lesliefb
    lesliefb Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I read some article claiming that since she's 5'3" her "ideal weight" should be 115 lbs and she was "tipping the scales" at 140 lbs at one point. Really? I'm 5'3", have pretty much the same build as she does, and currently weigh 140 lbs. Ugh. Stupid magazines.

Ugh... I know! I hate when I read that a celebrity is "tipping the scales" at some weight that is like 40 lbs less than my goal weight. WTF.