Jessica Simpson Clueless(why am I surprised?)

Options
123457»

Replies

• shellebelle87
    shellebelle87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Jessica has always struggled with her weight. She was unhealthy for her "Dukes" appearance, then gained back and everyone said she was fat, lost again and got criticised for being too thin, gained, lost, gained, lost. Exactly what we're going through but we don't have the entire world watching us. Who cares if she gained weight while pregnant? Who cares if she's getting paid millions to lose it? She struggles just like us and for that reason I don't care if she's dumb or smart or whatever. She is just a regular person struggling with weight.
  • shellebelle87
    shellebelle87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I read some article claiming that since she's 5'3" her "ideal weight" should be 115 lbs and she was "tipping the scales" at 140 lbs at one point. Really? I'm 5'3", have pretty much the same build as she does, and currently weigh 140 lbs. Ugh. Stupid magazines.

Ugh... I know! I hate when I read that a celebrity is "tipping the scales" at some weight that is like 40 lbs less than my goal weight. WTF.

I read that some random celebrity was tipping the scales at 65 kg. I was like wtf?? How on earth is that tipping the scales?!!!
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I don't think she's clueless (to play devil's advocate for one second here...).

She is actually fairly normal in my opinion. With my first pregnancy I wasn't sure how losing the weight would go. I gained nearly 45 lbs with my daughter. I really thought it would just come right off and that I'd be back in my pre-baby clothes super fast. Obviously it didn't go that way, but eventually (nearly 1.5 years later) I had lost all of the baby weight.

I also figure that she has a rather large monetary contract with Weight Watchers to have her as a spokesperson. She is able to be paid to slowly lose weight and become marketable to another demographic of women. She can expand her product lines and ultimately could make a lot more money being marketable to normal moms who maybe didn't realize how difficult post-baby life could be...

I think she is smart and plays dumb for entertainment value. Either that or she's stupid and pays people to give her good ideas, because she is making bank from losing this weight... I'd gain 50 lb to get paid 4 million to lose it.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I am surprised at the lack of compassion from a bunch of people who are here for the same reason - you got fat, so did she. Why are you being so harsh against her. Lighten up and some some basic human decency and stop judging!

^This.

Have you read even 1/4 the posts here? catty. And to think the person who started the thread needs to lose over 100lbs...
    hypocrite.

I'm catty because I agreed with a previous commenter that people are being a little harsh about this? alrighty then...