Broken up with Again...

Options

Replies

• SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Congrats on getting rid of that piece of crap.
  • sexikc
    sexikc Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    It sucks I know but really this guy is the one missing out....It is just better that you found out now. If he really liked you then he would support you. Its cool that he was honest but that doesnt mean that he is a good man. Not sayin that he isnt I really dont know enough about him to tell....It does seem tho that he is not really ready to be in it for the long haul with anyone...fit or not...
  • meganlynn0103
    Options
    he just made room for you to meet a better guy.
  • rickgomez2003
    Options
    he did you a favor, if he is that shallow just think of how terrible things would be in the long run.

I definitely agree.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Once again, I'm thankful that I personally am so awesome...otherwise, these *kitten*-hats would make me ashamed to be a man.
  • D3vAnge1
    D3vAnge1 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    never judged him to be a good man....still honesty, though far from tactfully displayed, is a quality worth noting. granted he lacks tact in all respects but I've turned down brothers solely on their not meeting my height requirements. no better I know, but what's worst my honesty or my stringing them along because I can when I know they don't stand a chance?
  • craek
    craek Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    You don't need a man like that in your life!
  • Kotulak76
    Options
    Definitely better off without someone like that in your life. If anything, use his shallowness as motivation. You'll reach your goal - look fantastic and be a good person - he'll still be an *kitten*. Anyone who places 100% of your value in line with your number on a scale is not worth it.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    1. He's an *kitten*. Like major, big time, *kitten*. You're better off.
    2. Not seeing eachother again after 2 dates =/= breaking up. You can't lose what you never had, and I think you should be thankful to have not started a relationship with this toolbox.
  • leafstucker16
    leafstucker16 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear that, he is definitely a piece of **** and your better off without him thats for sure!!!
  • meganlynn0103
    Options
    never judged him to be a good man....still honesty, though far from tactfully displayed, is a quality worth noting. granted he lacks tact in all respects but I've turned down brothers solely on their not meeting my height requirements. no better I know, but what's worst my honesty or my stringing them along because I can when I know they don't stand a chance?

You are correct...but by all means not trying to be funny...they are done growing and will never meet your height requirement. So for him to say call me when you hit your goal weight is a little different in a sense. if you like her and everything about her fits except the weight issue why dont you say hey let me help you or we can do this. Stand by her why she is on this journey. dont be a d-bag and say yah i cant be with you cause you aint fit but call me when you hit your goal weight. just my thought.
  • ImprovingEla
    ImprovingEla Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Geez, what an idiot.

Thank god, he ditched you. Maybe it does not sound positive in the first place, but it is meant well.
    Cause you should be an equal partner for someone you are dating and not a trophy something to be seen with!
  • YouAreYourChoices
    Options
    truth often hurts....one thing u can say for him is that he's honest with u and himself about what he wants and expects from someone who wants to be with him. can't knock him for that...i call that quality in the making of a truly good man.

You consider a man who can't hold a mature face-to-face conversation a quality specimen and a truly good man?

Don't throw any fire on me, but I agree that at least he was honest. He could have kept dating you and just started seeing other girls behind your back BUT if he can't be with you while your fighting the good fight then as someone else has said he doesn't deserve you once you once the battle is done. And an email? Really? If it were one date I can maybe see a phone call but two dates? He should have met with you and explained his insecurities and that its really him not you, because its obvious you have it all girl. The only thing your WORKING on (not missing) is your health being in order. Keep pushing, let this fuel the fire, please don't let your flame go out because some guy wants the model chick with the work in progress heart.
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    He did you a favor. Doesn't make him any less of a loser though and I know it doesn't fix your feelings. You were honest and upfront with him. If he wanted someone athletic and thin, he should have been honest and upfront about that. Email him when you are at goal and tell him that he did you a huge favor cause you realized that you didn't want to be seen with schlubs like him.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    he did you a favor, if he is that shallow just think of how terrible things would be in the long run.

Definitely this ^^^ You certianly don't need a db like him in your life.
  • ChunkiChica
    Options
    Sounds to me like you dodged a bullet.

I agree. He doesn't like you for you - he wants you to change. Imagine what it would be like if you got back together with him when you *do* get down to your goal weight! "I think you should grow your hair out," "Are those....stretch marks?!", "Why are you eating that burger?"...he's a *kitten* because he's not that into you. Not your weight - YOU! You deserve better.

That doesn't mean you can't find a hot guy with a six pack of abs that won't like you for you. Trust me, I dated and dumped them before, at over 200 pounds. I'm telling you it's not your weight that's the issue here. It's because he's a d*ck.
  • Cinnamon0603
    Cinnamon0603 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    What a complete f**king a**hole..........Damn I'm still fuming :explode: :explode: :explode:

You deserve someone that loves you for who you are today, not who they want you to become.

He did you a huge favor............move on and find someone that will love and accept you for who you are NOW and support you on your journey.
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    truth often hurts....one thing u can say for him is that he's honest with u and himself about what he wants and expects from someone who wants to be with him. can't knock him for that...i call that quality in the making of a truly good man.

You consider a man who can't hold a mature face-to-face conversation a quality specimen and a truly good man?

Don't throw any fire on me, but I agree that at least he was honest. He could have kept dating you and just started seeing other girls behind your back BUT if he can't be with you while your fighting the good fight then as someone else has said he doesn't deserve you once you once the battle is done. And an email? Really? If it were one date I can maybe see a phone call but two dates? He should have met with you and explained his insecurities and that its really him not you, because its obvious you have it all girl. The only thing your WORKING on (not missing) is your health being in order. Keep pushing, let this fuel the fire, please don't let your flame go out because some guy wants the model chick with the work in progress heart.

But that's the thing-he wasn't honest.

He went on two dates knowing her appearance and fitness level. Obviously, it wasn't her appearance or there would have been no dates.

This sort of man will never be happy with anyone because he is so insecure. No woman will ever meet his list of requirements because as soon as she does he will change them.

Apparently you've been lucky enough to never get involved with one of these excuses for a human being, so you don't recognize it. I'm sincerely glad that you've dodged men like this, but they are not "honest".
  • LLaceFace
    LLaceFace Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    He sounds very shallow babe :(
    I think that someone who will be good for you is going to want to be with you through your journey!
    Dont let it get you down....save his name and number and when you reach that goal take a pic and say "Eat your heart out" :)
    I have come across people like him in my days, I think if someone is shallow enough to be like that they will be lonely for a while lol
    Dont let him get to you, we are amazingly beautiful women and we dont need shady, shallow men to tell us "we are not good enough!"
    You are too good, becuase you have the motivation to change and he obviously doesnt!
  • TheUglyFriend
    Options
    sidebar.gif