Broken up with Again...

Options

Replies

• Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Better yet, when you do hit your goal weight, send him photos of you and your NEW boyfriend.

^^^^^^^THIS TOTALLY!!!!!!^^^^^^^^^^:heart::heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ShellBell4281
    ShellBell4281 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    WHAT AN A**HOLE!

Forget about him. He's not worth your time. Ugh.
  • sreimer07
    sreimer07 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Seriously!! What a tool! He doesn't deserve a girl like you to begin with. Get in touch with him when you've met your goal weight? Yea no! There is a better guy out there for you. You deserve happiness not a douche bag!
  • NoFatChick2
    Options
    Wow, I agree with everyone, you're better off without him. People can be so shallow. You want to be with someone who will care about you no matter what. There's so many things that can happen to us: Lose an arm, get disfigured in an accident, chronic illness, etc....so many things we cannot control.

He's clearly let you know his affection for you is conditional. What an assh*le.
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    FUK HIM!

Don't let him discourage you. Your doing great. Keep up the great work. I can see a big difference in your profile picture. :flowerforyou:
  • gc_tweety
    gc_tweety Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    You are in a league far above his! Remember that, this is about his insecurities not your fitness level.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    he did you a favor, if he is that shallow just think of how terrible things would be in the long run.
    EXACTLTY!!!!
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    "Fit his criteria?" ..........................................

........................................ wtf?

Also, fyi, you are adorable and your hair is even more adorable. #justsoyouknow

Also that guy thinks he's God's gift to women, and therefore he will be single for a very long time. :P

You're much too cute to have to deal with those kinds of idiots.
  • Rhea30
    Rhea30 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    from the other responses, I'll probably get a serious tongue lashing but:

truth often hurts....one thing u can say for him is that he's honest with u and himself about what he wants and expects from someone who wants to be with him. can't knock him for that...i call that quality in the making of a truly good man. u have expectations of what u desire in a man/mate, y can't he w/o being bashed for a normal human tendency?

u a grown woman...u've three choices: get healthy n contact him n c where this "thing" goes....or get healthy n press on, finding someone new who may or may not be honest n true to either himself or u of his expectations n desires.....or rock it solo, where the only one's expectations u have to meet r ur own.

There was no honesty on his part or truth. His concern is of what others may think since he stated he didn't want to be seen with her. That is someone who isn't honest with themselves so he placed his own issues onto her. Not sure how that is a good quality tossing someone under the bus because you're scared of what others may think. Its a coward and insecurity quality.
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    What a d!ck!

Wanna go key his car?!
  • BrazenHarpy
    BrazenHarpy Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Seriously...he did you a favor. Don't bother calling him when you do reach your weight loss goal. What's he going to do, dump you every time you slip and gain a little weight? Better to find someone who can love you at any stage on your journey.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options

truth often hurts....one thing u can say for him is that he's honest with u and himself about what he wants and expects from someone who wants to be with him. can't knock him for that...i call that quality in the making of a truly good man. u have expectations of what u desire in a man/mate, y can't he w/o being bashed for a normal human tendency?

u a grown woman...u've three choices: get healthy n contact him n c where this "thing" goes....or get healthy n press on, finding someone new who may or may not be honest n true to either himself or u of his expectations n desires.....or rock it solo, where the only one's expectations u have to meet r ur own.

I sort of agree.

He was honest. ---- he just didnt stop calling or ignore you. Could he have put it a bit better - yes, but guys are usually very "matter of fact" when it comes to issues.

I also agree you are better off with out him, and just keep pushing on!! God places people in our life for different reasons - Good Luck :)
  • KristysLosing
    Options
    Holy crap, he SAID that? :noway: :explode: :grumble:

Girl, you dodged a bullet then.

Please understand that none of what he said has anything to do with you. It really doesn't. He is so incredibly insecure that he is looking for an accessory, not a relationship and certainly not a partner. And I can tell you from personal experience (unfortunately) that no matter what you weigh, wear, do with your hair, etc.--that sort of man will always find fault with your appearance and do his best to drag you down to his own personal level of hell.

No wonder he is single. :sick:

I SOOOO agree with this. As painful as it is, it's a blessing in diguise!
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Seriously...

He probably:

Has gas all the time
    Pats himself on the back every morning
    Spends ALL his money on clothes and gym fees
    Has a car he can't afford
    Dates more than one woman at a time
    Doesn't change the sheets on his bed often enough
    Uses a towel more than 2 times
    Eats off other peoples plates

He's yucky...let him go! :laugh:
  • bamitskam
    Options
    How angering! *HUG* You are far too beautiful for a loser like him.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    Kick him to the curb and never look back.
  • SelenityJ
    SelenityJ Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Lol No I don't believe in doing violence against someone just for being mean to me.

I'm not going to let it stop me. I'm going to continue to do my best.
  • katstuff11
    katstuff11 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Okay... None of us are perfect.. what league is he in. I am sure if you were to look at him you would start to see his imperfections.
    I would recommend you learn from this. you were honest, he liked you but he has issues that he defined for you. "listen to what he said not what you want to hear" and above all he is not worth the salt in your tears or sweat. If he was, he would be helping you get to your "goal " and it would be a fun journey together... Good Luck.. You are Worth More! check out baggagereclaim its a great site for re-centering your dating thoughts
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522 Member
    Options

Yeah you'll get a serious tongue lashing for not reading the whole OP.
    The man said he doesn't want to be seen in public with her.
    If that's not kicking you while you're down, then I don't know what is.
    never judged him to be a good man....still honesty, though far from tactfully displayed, is a quality worth noting. granted he lacks tact in all respects but I've turned down brothers solely on their not meeting my height requirements. no better I know, but what's worst my honesty or my stringing them along because I can when I know they don't stand a chance?

There's honesty and there's mean, he was mean.
    He didn't have to go that far as to tell her that he doesn't want to be seen in public with her because of her size.
    Turning someone down because they're short is dumb.
    How do you know someone doesn't stand a chance, if you don't give them a chance?
  • KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON
    Options
    Reminds me of the quote- "If he can't handle you at your worst, he doesn't deserve you at your best."

You're better off girl. Don't let this derail you from any of you goals.

^^Agree. I know this really hurts you and hurts me to read that there are such a--holes out there that are arrogant enough to say something like that. He doesn't deserve you at all whether you are at your goal weight or not. You might not feel it now but you are soooo better off with that guy. There is someone so much better for you, don't give up.
    I am seeing a man that if very fit and he has never said anything at all like that so there are good men out there - He's just not one of them.