• berryjk
    berryjk Posts: 120
    Options
    I'm feeling like a HOT mom today lol :)

me too! :)
  • PibblesRun
    PibblesRun Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Not hot, but im a mom! A new mom of a 6 month old girl. My first and will be my only. Its hard to find time to exercise since my little girl is a challenge! Very needy shall I say but I love her to death! I do have to cook 2 dinners...because theres no way my husband will eat healthy :/ wish he would take care of himself better, i hate that he just doesnt care about...well anything. I use my Wii to workout...nap times, and if she wakes up while im exercising ill pick her up and exercise with her! Then try again the next nap!
  • berryjk
    berryjk Posts: 120
    Options
    This hot mom is feeling pretty darn good! down 6lbs today!!
  • LifeChangingExp8512
    Options
    All moms are hot! Moms have the toughest job in the world, good luck to all of you!!!!

Thats sweet! :flowerforyou:
  • Krizzo87
    Krizzo87 Posts: 14,186 Member
    Options
    Mom of two girls :bigsmile:
  • AmericanCowboy76
    AmericanCowboy76 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Finding time to work out isnt easy. i am a widowed father of two small kids. Between work, spending as much time as possible with them, volunteering for the church, coaching sports, being an assistant den leader, cleanign & laundry, trying to help my parents take care of their home (they help a lot with the kdis but cant do things like mow anymore), and doing my own home repairs/yardwork for ym house... Well there isnt a lot of time. Plus I ride rodeo whenever I can! Bullriding and tie-down is my thing. I am trying to find a way to balance it all and get in better shape cause no woman wants a fat cowboy! lol but mainly cause I want to feel better about myself!
  • davodavodavo
    davodavodavo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Best part of my life has been definitely being a dad, however waiting for them to get a little older before going back to the gym consistently took a little of time.
    I’ve been back in the gym for 7 months and have only missed one training day without having a double make up workout. All I can say to all the parents is…Your best friend is muscle memory.
    Thank you for the topic and post!
    Stay strong!
  • stellcorb
    stellcorb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I really like this idea! I would love to join... I have PLENTY to vent about and maybe some good stories or advice as well:wink:
    My name is Christina and I'm a 33 year old mother of 3, 8 year old stepson Sebastian, 3 year old Max and 3 month old Nora. I work full time at a stressful and time demanding job that is also sedentary.
    I have always had issues with gaining and losing large amounts of weight... I'd lose 40 lbs and maintain for a couple years, then start to gain it back.
    I joined MFP in August 2010 when my son Max was 9mos and lost 65lbs over the next 6 mos and maintained it pretty well. When I got pregnant w/ Nora I stayed active and still kept track of my calories (loosely...I'm only human). So instead of gaining 50lbs.. I only gained 30 which is great... but now I'm 3mos post pardum and am 15-20lbs up from my pre-pregnancy weight and stuck in a size 12 from a size 6. I know to be patient and I can't do too much until I'm done breast-feeding... but it sure is scary to feel like I'm going to get back to my 200 lbs self one day.
    My husband is great, but is naturally thin (6'2" and 180lbs) and has an affinity for junk food. He tries to help as much as he can but he's used to fast food and potato chips... which is really tough since he has to fix dinner during the week. I work 9 to 6 (or usually later) so he has to feed the kids.
    I'm trying to get started again on MFP and log my food so I can kill this 20lbs so I'm definately in need of some support. Luckily, I've been able to maintain my 30 minute daily work outs thanks to my hubby...so hopefully this will be easier.
    Sorry for rambling! I hope I can support you in your parenthood fitness journeys!
  • courtneylee31
    courtneylee31 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Seems like I may be the one of the only girls on here with just 1 baby? I have a 4 year old little girl who just started jk last week. The hardest thing ever, I have been a SAHM for the past 4 years and now I just dont know what to do with myself. I have lots of time to workout but its like where do I begin? lol. I'd like to think as myself as "hot" but Im a mom now. I cant say I really see myself in that light anymore, like I may have used to, probably since my body will never be the same haha. Feel free to add me anyone, the more the merrier right? lol
  • mamabearcushing
    mamabearcushing Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Once my little girl turned one and was ready for table food all the time I knew I had to change what I eat. I am a role model for her. During nap time I work out. We go outside a few times a day and we run and play games. She sleeps better when she gets out all that energy. She doesnt even know it but she is my biggest inspiration.
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Single mom of 2 girls, get a walk in on my lunch hour, lift weights during 7 yr old's gymnastics class and zumba during other times :) It's not easy, but I'm living it :)
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    All moms are hot! Moms have the toughest job in the world, good luck to all of you!!!!

You are AWESOME!!! Hearts for you!! xx
  • Janet9906
    Janet9906 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Hi Hot Momma's I'm the proud Mom of a 13.5 year old son and a 5.5 year old daughter :heart: They are the loves of my life!
    They watch me workout and now my daughter will pick up 3lbs weights and "workout" with me. :smile:
  • rm830
    rm830 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Working on the HOT part...but mom of 2, work full time at a stressful job! I workout at least 5x a week, 2x with a trainer, the rest is usually with my best friend. I've been on MFP for a year, down 40 so far...long ways to go still! Nice to see so many moms on here :)
  • Well my husband thinks i am...(but he's supposed to). I'm 44. 5 kids. 7 grandbabies. ..and someday I'm gonna be a hot momma!:bigsmile:
    You look fantastic! I would say you are a hot mom! : )
  • PaleoRDH
    Options
    <~~~~ Hot mamacita!!! I have two sons and a hubby, the baby is 3 and full of energy (that boy wears me OUT!) I work FT as a registered dental hygienist at a hospital, all of the patients are disabled, so my day is hectic and exhausting. I do get loads of support, my hubby is Paleo with me, and we are doing the 21-day Sugar Detox together starting Monday, and my BFF at work is super supportive also.

I was nice and thin (with lots of work!) until last year, I didn't know I had a condition called May-Thurner Syndrome until I almost died from a massive blood clot that went ankle to kidney on my left side. I was bed-ridden for several months, and had to have 3 stents put in my left leg. The process, plus the fact that I got put on anticoagulant drugs (and still am on them........they make you gain weight) put about 30 pounds on me. POUT!!! I was so proud I lost all the weight after having my baby, and then gained all that weight.

I am a fashionista and have the most adorable wardrobe for when I'm not in scrubs, I get SO SAD every time I see my lil' size 8's (I'm 6 feet tall so size 8 is pretty tiny for me!)........... I literally get tears in my eyes that they don't fit. SOOOO I decided to do something about it. I'm SOOO thankful I lived through that horrifying experience, but now that i'm better, except for a gimpy left foot that will never be the same but is much better....... I'm taking the weight off. GAME ON!!!! I'm already down 8 pounds as of my last check-in 2 weeks ago. I'll weigh myself again before I start the sugar detox.....

OH I also take classes through the university, trying to prep for graduate school, but I am making the time to lose the weight, get in shape, and reclaim my life... because I'm worth it and deserve it! :bigsmile:
  • loriaqui
    loriaqui Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    AT 40...hmmm, not sure I fit the 'hot' mom category...but my teenage daughters tell me that all their friends ask, "THAT'S your mom?" LOL...ok...maybe I fit the 'hot' mom category.

LOVE the forum idea too btw.
  • ATclassof2021
    ATclassof2021 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I get a mothers day card every year from my daughter.....I was both mom and dad. Will provide the rest of the story tomorrow.... Being a single parent is one of the toughest jobs in the world. Would prefer a partner, however, after 8 years on my own I have it pretty well figured out :-)
  • You inspire me! Yes, I would agree you are a hot mom! : )