Chicks that drive stick

Options

Replies

• shanae727
    shanae727 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    <--can drive a stick. I had a 92 honda prelude SI--loved hearing the gears change smoothly

guys drooled over my car and always wanted me to sell it but it didn't matter to me I just love 5 speed cars
  • lamilli09
    lamilli09 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Does anyone even care since this post has nothing to do about sex?

No. Haha.

I personally never tried to learn how to drive a stick.. Not that I wouldn't want to learn, but it's just more convenient to have an automatic.

How else am I supposed to drink coffee, text, fiddle with my stereo, put on makeup, and steer with my knees at the same time?

Edit: Before Sarah McLachlan starts playing and someone approaches the podium with a story about someone they know dying in a car crash caused by someone not paying attention behind the wheel: I'm kidding.

hahaha ^^^ love this edit
  • LandryBabe
    Options
    Yeah, I have no idea how to drive stick. :/ #southerngirlfail
  • beach_please
    beach_please Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I can drive stick... well, sort of. I'm not very good at it but I can get where I need to if I absolutely HAVE to drive a stick-shift.

My husband taught me, which I wouldn't recommend if you wish to stay married.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    <--can drive a stick. I had a 92 honda prelude SI--loved hearing the gears change smoothly

guys drooled over my car and always wanted me to sell it but it didn't matter to me I just love 5 speed cars

Hawt. Fo sho.
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Heck yes! I love driving stick and I'm good at it......I had stick shifts until my current car, which I bought in a hurry even though it's an automatic. My new car will be a stick for sure... Any friends that have stick shifts generally let me drive their cars when we go out...lol...prolly because they see how happy I am driving all fast n furious around town. :)
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Last two cars were stick. If I get a new one, it will be too. Currently carless.
  • IrishHarpy1
    IrishHarpy1 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Always drove a stick, and always a VW: '72 Beetle, '84 Golf, '98 Cabrio, '02 Beetle, and my current '11 Jetta. Love 'em!!!
  • T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I basically taught myself how to drive sick at 18. I now drive a 2011 Subaru Impresa Sti, obviously sick too :)
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Always drove a stick, and always a VW: '72 Beetle, '84 Golf, '98 Cabrio, '02 Beetle, and my current '11 Jetta. Love 'em!!!

Awesome. I'd love another VW
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I can...
    I am so proud of myself lol.

We test drove a 2012 Malibu and I was sad that it was an automatic.
    We ended up not buying it.
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I can drive stick, but my husband can't. I kind of like that. LOL

I was actually forced to learn how to drive stick in rush hour traffic in Atlanta, after buying a pickup truck. You learn REAL FAST that way! :tongue:
  • JenKillough
    JenKillough Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I learned how to drive a manual and I'm pretty good at it :) But my car is an automatic and I prefer it that way.
  • JenKillough
    JenKillough Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I can drive stick, but my husband can't. I kind of like that. LOL

I was actually forced to learn how to drive stick in rush hour traffic in Atlanta, after buying a pickup truck. You learn REAL FAST that way! :tongue:

I learned a thing or two about driving in rush hour traffic in Atlanta when I lived there for a year :D It makes me laugh at drivers most everywhere I go. I think if you learn to drive in Atlanta downtown, you can probably drive just about anywhere.
  • navstone
    Options
    learned to drive in one. Even know how and what double clutch is lol
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Yep, I think it's pretty bad *kitten* and I did it for 11 years, before foot and ankle problems forced me to switch to automatic :(
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    I will ONLY get a vehicle that has a manual transmission. Currently I'm in a 2010 Mazda 3 hatchback and a 2005 350Z (with a Stage 3 clutch). Previously I had a Toyota Spyder MR2 (horrible mistake, I know), a 92 Camaro, and my first car was a 97 Sunfire. All manual.

And yes, EVERY male I ever encounter goes "what? You drive a stick?" No, I just Flinstones my way down the road. >.<

I know very few women who can drive stick. The only ones I can think of are my mother (car sales for years) and a family friend. Actually, I know a lot of dudes who can't drive stick and that shocks me.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Yep, I prefer it to automatic, even though both of our current vehicles are automatic. :tongue:

Learned to drive a stick on my dad's old beater Ford - granny gear and had to use two hands to get it in reverse. Mom said if I could learn to drive that, I could probably drive anything. :bigsmile:

I also know how to ride a motorcycle, and how to handle a gun.

Skills everyone should know in my opinion. :wink:
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    I also know how to ride a motorcycle, and how to handle a gun.

Skills everyone should know in my opinion. :wink:

AGREED. Thank you for adding that. :D
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    In Aus if you can't drive a manual (stick) you're the odd one out, man or woman.