May Day Challenge!

Options

Replies

• aabbccdd
    Options
    Good evening,

When does the week begin for this group? Back to school for me after 12 days off. I did NOT feel like exercising after work today, but on the way home I saw someone jogging and it gave me the motivation I needed. So I went for a 30 minute jog in 20 degree weather!!! I feel so much better that I didn't give in! Hope everyone is pumped!
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    30 minutes yesterday, 60 minutes today, day 2 complete! Woo hoo!
  • rebecca413
    Options
    Sunday: 20 mins weights, 1 hour spin class
    Today: 20 mins weights, 40 mins elliptical

My goal is to get to the gym everyday for the rest of January. A little lofty, but I'm motivated!
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Well, due to unforseen circumstances (does the phone REALLY have to ring just as I'm getting the Wii going?) I did not get any time in on the Wii today.:ohwell: However, I did have an unexpected shopping trip thrown into the mix. Normally I wouldn't count it as exercise, but since this one was in addition to our normal bi-weekly shopping trip, and it involved a LOT of refereeing children:frown: , I'm going to count it. It was at least an hour of pretty continuous walking (since we couldn't find what we were looking for:grumble: ) But I will only count it as 30 minutes, because our usual shopping trip last weekend was not as long as usual since we were out of town half the week:bigsmile: . Tomorrow, it'll be back to the Wii. I'm interested to see how my kids handle me "stepping" while they watch their show. Should be interesting!

As you can see from my experience, life happens. Don't beat yourself down. Figure out how the problem started, (I shouldn't have answered the phone!) and fix it so it doesn't slow you down on your path to a new you! Keep moving and you'll get there!:drinker:
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Day 3 of exercise done early today! We can do this!
  • ourgang
    ourgang Posts: 229
    Options
    well I did another 20 min's on the wii last night, so yesterday I did get in 1 hour 15 min... of exercise! This morning did 20 min's of Pilates, plan is to do Jillian wii tonight and walk 30 min on the treadmill... No workout for me tomorrow I have to leave for work way TOOO early and our family is working a 24 hour shelter in the evening after work....

God Bless everyone today on your journey:flowerforyou:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    I still can't wrap my head around how cold it's been in Georgia lately. Since I'm a morning person I prefer to get my workouts as early as possible so I usually head to the gym around 6 am. HOWEVER, I could not bring myself to get out the bed and head out in such unreasonable weather (I'm being a bit of a baby b/c while 18 degrees is cold I'm originally from Boston BUT have been residing in GA for 9 years) so I decided to throw in Jillian Michael's Boost Your Metabolism dvd and she kicked my butt. I'm glad the workout is behind me and the work day can begin.

Chocolickkyss: 2 workouts completed

Have a great day!
  • ourgang
    Options
    I still can't wrap my head around how cold it's been in Georgia lately. Since I'm a morning person I prefer to get my workouts as early as possible so I usually head to the gym around 6 am. HOWEVER, I could not bring myself to get out the bed and head out in such unreasonable weather (I'm being a bit of a baby b/c while 18 degrees is cold I'm originally from Boston BUT have been residing in GA for 9 years) so I decided to throw in Jillian Michael's Boost Your Metabolism dvd and she kicked my butt. I'm glad the workout is behind me and the work day can begin.

Have a great day!

Oh yea, that work out is crazy!!! I really don't like to do the full 60 min's... it feels great, but I am way Cranky afterward!!!!!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options

Have a great day!

Oh yea, that work out is crazy!!! I really don't like to do the full 60 min's... it feels great, but I am way Cranky afterward!!!!!

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one she put a hurting on. I'm a bit cranky during the workout but usually feel great afterwards. There's always a sense of relief knowing the workout is complete and no matter what happens during the course of my day that I don't have to worry that the exercise wasn't completed. There have been times when I said I would head to the gym after work and then something happens that makes it impossible to leave at my original time and throws the whole workout out the window. When the workout is done prior to the workday I can do a little jig....Woo Hoo.

Hope you have a great day!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    yey! I'm glad I came back to check up on this page. I hope I can still meet this weeks challenge of 5 workouts. That puts me at exercising all week and only taking Sunday off.

Choco I definately agree with u on this cold weather - its sooo cold I can't take it. N.O. is only @ 30's but wow am I feeling it having spent the holidays in 80+ degree weather.

Todays workout will be - Turbo Jam cardio party ( 40 minute workout!)
  • crazybigchick
    Options
    Sooo glad I decided to get back to mfp. This challenge would be huge motivation to stay on track. I am growing rounder all the time. School and kids takes all my time. I need to re-prioritize and make getting at least 30 min of exercise a day a top priority.

Start weight: 154
    Dec. 26: 154
    Jan. 4: 152
    Jan. 8: Goal (151)
    Jan. 15:
    Jan. 22:
    Jan. 29:
    Feb. 5:
    Feb. 12:
    Feb. 19:
    Feb. 26:
    March 5:
    March 12:
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: 138 (16 pounds in 18 weeks should be doable right???)

I am hoping to make it to the big YMCA, so I can get some swimming in this week. Really been slacking the last few days.

My goal for the next 10 days is to get 80 ounces of water a day. If I can just get my water in I will at least feel like I am making some effort.

Good luck ladies! Sending you all motivation dust ** *~**
  • twt1999brd
    Options
    I was going to go to the gym last night but I forgot I had to get my grandmother from the airport. I have my gym clothes with me again today and I am going after work to do two classes. I love Gold's Gym's classes. They keep me more motivated then DVD's because I feel silly just stopping in front of everyone.

I have a Jillian DVD, I need to make sure to fit that in on days that I don't make it to the gym. Here's to will power!!!
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for new and different recipes, you can check out my blog I recently started. Most foods there are in the database.

http://debscooking.blogspot.com/
  • lisawest
    Options
    If you are looking for new and different recipes, you can check out my blog I recently started. Most foods there are in the database.

http://debscooking.blogspot.com/

AWESOME!!!
  • rebecca413
    Options
    Exercise done for today! Another 20 mins of weights and 35 on the elliptical. And, btw, it's FREEZING in Virginia too! :grumble:
  • annerssju
    annerssju Posts: 111
    Options
    Hey all!
    I love the exercise challenge for the week. Yesterday I worked out for 20 min. and today I did 30 min. Trying to get in a full 5 days in a row!
    I'm looking forward to the weigh - in on Friday. I've been really trying to stay on track and am hopeful to see some results.
    I REALLY wish it would warm up soon, I'd love go walking outside in addition to my Jillian Michaels workouts!! (She is awesome though!)
  • lisawest
    Options
    Exercise done for the day. The kids seemed ok with me doing the "free step" on Wii Fit Plus while they watched their show. Fantastic. Day 2 done. Woohoo!

Tomorrow starts our "Biggest Looser" challenge at work. Should be interesting to see how it goes. I doubt I'll even get close to winning. They are going by % of body weight lost, but I've already lost 10% (figuring out THAT number shocked me!). The next 10% won't go as easily as the last, and we're only going for 9 weeks. *sigh* Oh well. I won't win, but If it gets me 9 pounds closer to my goal, that will be great!:bigsmile:
  • kath711
    kath711 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Finally back on track today after the holidays. Played soccer tonight for 50 minutes. Subbed in and out so probably about 25-30 minutes total time running. felt good to get back exercising. yeah!
  • strawberrigyrl
    Options
    Is it too late to join? I officially re-started my workout plan yesterday! 40 minutes on the treadmill, uphill incline!
  • ourgang
    Options
    So I am up to 2 hours of exercise this week... Last night Jillian's Wii 2010, KICKED MY BUTT!!! enough with the push ups..

I had to be a work supper early today so no exercise this morning or tonight, very busy. I can get plenty in tomorrow and Friday:)

Weighed myself this morning.. I was up again:cry: I really need to figure our why the scale isnt' moving. I take measurements this weekend, maybe that will cheer me up!!! I know it's not about the scale, but come on I have been at this religiously since August. What will it take to loss some weight???????????????