Job interview. If I do wear a skirt, do I wear pantyhose?

Options

Replies

• BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    People still wear pantyhose????

When they work in corporate America they do..

I work in corporate America. Nobody here wears pantyhose...not even the CEO of the company (unless it's cold outside---which is like 2 months out of the year), who wears skirts/dresses and heels 4 out of 5 days a week.

I've been told Austin, TX is REALLY casual compared to everywhere else on earth though so who knows. But yeah, I don't even own pantyhose.
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness I wear scrubs. I'd NEVER get a job if granny attire were required. :tongue:
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    If you want that finance job. . . yes you do. . . .

if you want to not get it. . . then dont.

are you for real? where do you people live that you would not be considered for a job for not wearing pantyhose? :laugh:
  • sexikc
    sexikc Posts: 153 Member
    Options

are you for real? where do you people live that you would not be considered for a job for not wearing pantyhose? :laugh:

I have been trying to figure this out....and that is the conclusion that I have come to...it must be a regional thing. Really OP you dont have to listen to any of us, in fact dont. You need to ask someone who lives in your area...walk around where the professionals hang out in your city during lunch and see what the women are wearing becasue...where I live you can get a job if you dont wear hose some of these people have said some things that are really strange to me. Hosiery is policy, really?? That is crazy......I think in this area someone who wears hosiery would seem to be old fashioned, in sme professions that may be ok but....I think it would give a vibe of you are not up with the times and so you may not be entreprenurial or innovative and too sensitive to change....but that is around here....it sounds like in other places they have been strictly traditional when it comes to business attire...you really just need to go with what if customary in your area
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Short tight dress......No undies.....and occasionally switching your crossed legs. Sharon Stone style
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Yes. Yes Yes Yes!!!
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    She posted an update....

She wore a skirt and *drumroll* PANTYHOSE!! :drinker:
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I would say no- but that is because I HATE pantyhose.

I have interviewed and been offered many jobs, and have never worn them with a dress or skirt.
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options

It's a requirement listed on many dress codes in large offices. Course like anything, observe how people in your area, that work in that atmosphere are dressed. To be honest...I would ALWAYS wear them to the interview vs not....if they're not required later on, then no harm.
  • reneepugh
    reneepugh Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Yes, or you could wear some matching tights.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    She posted an update....

Good girl.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Hosiery is policy, really?? That is crazy......

Crazy, indeed! I have never heard of such a policy and SO GLAD that I don't work where they work. I wouldn't last in a company like that.
  • Chapter3point6
    Options
    She posted an update....

Pics or it didn't happen. :)
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    People still wear pantyhose????

Exactly! Yes for the skirt ordress and blazer but pantyhose are ole school. You don't have to wear them to be professional anymore.

Or skirts/blazers. Women can wear pants. This isn't 1812.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options

Crazy, indeed! I have never heard of such a policy and SO GLAD that I don't work where they work. I wouldn't last in a company like that.

Yeah, it's just crazy that they make men wear full length pants, AND require women to fully cover their legs too! Who do they think they are?
  • sexikc
    Options

Yeah, it's just crazy that they make men wear full length pants, AND require women to fully cover their legs too! Who do they think they are?

Girl hush that is not the same thing...
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options

Yes it is. It's exactly the same thing. Why should you be able to bare your legs when a man can't?
  • sexikc
    Options
    You know what you are right. The policy should be that everyone men and women wear dresses with hose. Or if not that everyone men and women wear suits with jackets and ties.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

Yes it is. It's exactly the same thing. Why should you be able to bare your legs when a man can't?

This is the 21st century. There is no reason that men should not be allowed to wear dresses, and no reason that they can't bare their legs. In fact, a man in my office used to wear a kilt from time to time, and YES, his legs were bare. I would hate to work in an office that was stuck in the 20th century in terms of dress code. Seriously. That is old-fashioned.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    This is the 21st century. There is no reason that men should not be allowed to wear dresses, and no reason that they can't bare their legs. In fact, a man in my office used to wear a kilt from time to time, and YES, his legs were bare. I would hate to work in an office that was stuck in the 20th century in terms of dress code. Seriously. That is old-fashioned.

I've had jobs in the 21st century that required employees to have their feet covered at all times. If you wore a skirt or dress, your choices were pantyhose, knee-highs or socks. Obviously, you could choose socks, but would you?

This isn't as old-fashioned as it once was. I don't even see the big deal here. Why are people so angry about pantyhose? It's just fashion, FPS.