Job interview. If I do wear a skirt, do I wear pantyhose?

Options

Replies

• Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    Don't wear panty hose, this isn't the 90's. Just be sure to use a non greasy moisturizer on your legs.
    It may not be the 90's, but some companies still require women to wear panty hose with dresses and skirts and men to wear ties. Again, wear them to the interview even if it's not a policy for current employees.

I find that so strange, must be an American thing? How could they even tell if you're not wearing them, pinch your legs?
  • FitFlipRunner
    FitFlipRunner Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Only if you're female

Sorry, couldn't resist. I say yes.

Hahaha good one!

And yes you do.
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Yes to the skirt and the pantyhose. Bare legs do not work for everyone. The pantyhose will give you a polished look. And when in doubt, remember, Kate Middleton wears hose and if they are good enough for her, then they are good enough for us. I love her by the way. Great style!

Wishing you the best of luck in your interview!
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    i think in professional dress, no hose looks tacky, tacky, tacky! the only time hose is not necessary is in summer dresses with flats, period.

i went to an interview once where the interviewer wore a short skirt, heels & blazer and no pantyhose and i was immediately turned off.

eta: nude stockings complement any dress any time of year.
  • Chapter3point6
    Options
    Don't wear panty hose, this isn't the 90's. Just be sure to use a non greasy moisturizer on your legs.
    It may not be the 90's, but some companies still require women to wear panty hose with dresses and skirts and men to wear ties. Again, wear them to the interview even if it's not a policy for current employees.

I find that so strange, must be an American thing? How could they even tell if you're not wearing them, pinch your legs?

You are clearly blessed with beautiful legs where it might be hard to tell. As a proud observer of women, that is not the usually the case.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    absolutely!
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    i think in professional dress, no hose looks tacky, tacky, tacky! the only time hose is not necessary is in summer dresses with flats, period.

i went to an interview once where the interviewer wore a short skirt, heels & blazer and no pantyhose and i was immediately turned off.

eta: nude stockings complement any dress any time of year.

I totally agree with this!
  • PaleoRDH
    Options
    pantyhose are kind-of out of style but you don't want to go "bare legged" when you need to look professional so YES wear them, nude color if poss.
  • kayemme
    Options
    Also, don't wear perfume!

great advice! just be sure to bathe. :)
  • rufflestx
    Options
    YES, but be sure they fit great and you feel like your legs look amazing. Poor fitting hose just add to the stress.
  • chosengiver
    Options
    People still wear pantyhose????
    ^^THIS!! :laugh:
  • jillica
    jillica Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    All you pantyhose proponents are setting the women's rights movement back 50 years! :sad:
    HILARIOUS!!! :laugh:
  • kayemme
    Options
    You are clearly blessed with beautiful legs where it might be hard to tell. As a proud observer of women, that is not the usually the case.

i have beautiful legs (really!) they're muscular and firm and shapely. they also get uneven sun. and sometimes i get nicked in the garden. or just normal irregular coloring that everybody has. hose makes legs look even more amazing than they already do.

(unrelated to comment)

tights are appropriate when it's the proper season to wear them (probably not quite yet) and can look really weird with "business" attire. of course, you can play with that business attire when you get the job and have wonderful tights, but even here in new england it's still a bit too warm for tights and it would just make a person look weird. also in my opinion, tights look best with short skirts/ dresses.
  • kayemme
    Options

People still wear pantyhose????

personally, i hate pantyhose. i wear stockings & a garter. how's that for pushing back the women's rights movement? (oh, it's not! haha! i have the right to wear garters if i want!)
  • firstnamekaren
    firstnamekaren Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    To be honest, the only people I see wearing pantyhose these days are old women. I can't remember the last time I wore pantyhose.

I also have a pantsuit I wear for interviews. Matching jacket and pants, blouse and heels. Can't go wrong.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    To be honest, the only people I see wearing pantyhose these days are old women. I can't remember the last time I wore pantyhose.

I also have a pantsuit I wear for interviews. Matching jacket and pants, blouse and heels. Can't go wrong.

"Pantsuit!?!" Hillary!?! Is that you!?!
  • firstnamekaren
    firstnamekaren Posts: 274 Member
    Options

"Pantsuit!?!" Hillary!?! Is that you!?!

:laugh:
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Pantyhose is a bad word.
  • Candicaprice
    Options
    If it's a knee length skirt yes...if it's long then no.
  • breathless575
    breathless575 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    It is important to wear pantyhose at your interview and after you get the job. Most companies actually require it, but even if they don't it's still good to do because it looks more professional.