I am so done with this program!!

Options

Replies

• country1109
    Options
    I'm sorry to see your frustration. However, if you stop, you certainly won't lose any weight. I've been on the "plan" for a little over 2 months now, and have lost 17 pounds. That's keeping track of my exercise as well as what I eat and drink. I eat less than the recommended calories, though. It's hard for me to eat that much food! But, that's my metabolism. My daughter and I exercise at the gym almost every day, and then I walk our dog in the neighborhood almost every night.

Please don't give up! Try eating healthy fruits, vegetables, and lean meats. Also, please try drinking more water. And - get moving! As someone mentioned earlier, the weight didn't come overnight, and you won't be able to lose it overnight either.

You can do this!!
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I see from your profile that you have thyroid issues...If you are getting medical care for that, you should also ask your doctor about what you can do for weight loss. Also, are you logging correctly? Be honest to yourself. Keep your diary private if that'll prevent a sense of shame, but log very carefully so you know exactly what you are putting into your body.

I haven't lost a ton of weight myself, but I am really trying and I believe that this time it'll work for me. Try making small changes, eat more snacks through the day....veggies, fruits, nuts, yogurt, milk, boiled eggs(taking your health issues into account).

Keep at it...it'll happen..slowly but steadily! Good luck!
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    seems to me like you might be holding your weight in anger. relax. take a hot bath! there are so many factors to weight that it's not entirely food and exercise, some of it is also about body image and how you feel about yourself.

i wish nothing but the best for you.
  • c3js80
    c3js80 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Rarely do I comment on a post, but this got me riled up. You and I are the same age. This is not a "program". I look at it as an extremely useful tool. IF you are serious about losing weight. After being up and down since my teens, I lost 50 pounds over 2 years ago on my own. I only found out about MFP about 9 months ago, and it has been invaluable in helping me maintain my weight. Only you know if the timing is right for you. Seems like your in the "I'm 56 and I should be able to eat what I want" stage. You'll lose with MFP, something else, or not at all. If you want to look and feel your age, so be it. Sorry, no sympathy here. You're old enough to know better.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    It's awesome you work out 6x a week, twice a day, and eat EXACTLY 40% protien/20% fat/30% carbs, and that you can take time out of your busy days to record every grain of salt or pepper you add to your grilled asparagus..*claps*

lol
  • bugnbeansmom
    bugnbeansmom Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I have to say that it has worked for me and I don't follow it to the letter. I would say that my 54 lb loss speaks as loudly as anyone else's. I agree that she has not followed it to the letter but that is no reason to attack. Settle down killers. Nothing is one size fits all. I do like this community for the suppport but I agree with a previous poster that there is very little for this person here.
    Obviously she is not really intent on quitting or else she would have just stopped logging in.

Be kind. Be encouraging. Don't be the person who judged you before you found your path.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I've been here almost a year now, and I have seen results.

Like I said, I am all for being consistant and logging when you need to, exercising, etc. I just don't think it's right for others to put people down because they aren't as strict with themselves.

Wow. I was thinking about posting a question about my diet/exercise but after reading this post I think I'll pass.

Some of you are so mean! Just because other people don't follow your strict rules and diets and exercises doesn't give you the right to jump on your high horse and put others down for thier struggles.

It's awesome you work out 6x a week, twice a day, and eat EXACTLY 40% protien/20% fat/30% carbs, and that you can take time out of your busy days to record every grain of salt or pepper you add to your grilled asparagus..*claps*

If this is supposed to be a supportive community, it sure doesn't show in this thread.

Do you want results? Because those of us that do want to see results will log our meals, will always try to hit our macros, and will work out regularly. You have to be consistent, and make time to make fitness work.

If someone is struggling and looking for advice about what's going wrong I always look first at their diary for logging consistency. If you have a problem how can you solve it without complete data? You leave too many variables open for consideration. 1) are you exercising? 2) what types? 3) are you hitting your calorie goal? 4) are you over or under? 5) what are your macros goals? 6) have you played around with them to see if adjusting them will help?

These are the things that I look at when analyzing a dairy (including mine). When I start struggling I look at my own data and generally speaking I have the following inner dialogue: "well, dumb *kitten*, the issue here is you. You're getting lazy with your logging so how do you know what the *kitten* you're doing wrong?"

When looking at someone else's diary I analyze it the same way, my comments however are generally nicer unless they try to bite, then I'm going to bite back. Looking over several weeks worth of a person's diary takes time.
  • SaucyMom3
    Options
    I didn't see results at first either. BUT I am a breast feeding mom who was eating 1200 cals a day & working out most of the time. I bought a heart rate monitor, the right sneakers to work out AND a biggest loser food scale (like $25 2 walmart). I weigh EVERYTHING.. I eat a ton of fruits, veggies & low fat meats (turkey, chicken breast, pork tenderloin). I also bought a camel back water bottle and make sure I drink enough water.. There are a ton of things you can do to ensure you are getting proper nutrition & exercise.
    Also, take into account you age, gender, wight, blood pressure & BMI. You MUST hit your cal min each day. You don't HAVE to eat cals burned but you can if you choose to. After exercising, eat protein ( I love Greek yogurt) & it's NOT always about cardio (although I do it 5x a week) it's also about building muscle (it burns more fat then not having it).
    Small steps first. Learn better eating habits, log all your intake and exercise, have the right "gear" to ensure that you are in a place where you can lose (shoes, hrm, scale etc) & SERIOUSLY, STOP STRESSING about losing weight otherwise, you won't lose.
    I just had a baby 6m ago and I have a wedding in 2 weeks so I was trying to much to soon & expecting results quickly. I am 29 and this is my 3rd child. I have lost 29lbs in the past 3months with all the right tools. Keep going, it will happen as long as you are honest and truthful with yourself. It's not going to affect anyone else but YOU
  • MsNancy1827
    Options
    This program will work , if you work it. I have belonged to Weight watchers, TOPS and Overeaters Annon. they all work if you work the program. I found out you have to eat to lose. The calorie amount allowed are given you so that you will lose weight and not gain. So you need to eat them and not skimp as like it was mentioned in other posts your body will think you are starving and store everything you do eat, thus having a gain. I am 73 years old and need to lose 100 pounds and it is harder for me to lose weight than other younger persons. I was here once before and left but came back as this does work, it did for me and will for you if you really want it too. You just need to drink the water , eat the calories, if you exercise eat the calories for that and talk to others if you are having problems. Hang in here for a little while longer , keep trying and see what happens. Everyone is rooting for you.
    Lots of Hugs
  • mscoco10
    mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Well I can't see your diary but from what I've read you need to eat more. Also make sure you're eating lots of veggies and drink lots of water. Get your exercise and log everything. Hope you stick it out and start to drop the weight.
  • misticache
    misticache Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    The program hasn't failed you, you have failed yourself. Your diary is already closed again so I can't offer suggestions. I have fallen off the wagon pretty hard the last two months but I know I can't give up. This is a LIFESTYLE change and whether you use this site as a tool or not is up to you. This site does offer a lot of ideas, motivation, and a way to accurately log everything you do and intake which will help you make better decisions and see your "problem" areas.

I have been here since February and am "restarting" today as a new day because while I'm here everyday and logging I'm only semi-logging and haven't been working out. I recognize that I am the problem, not this site. You can do this it just takes time but please follow the suggestions of others and eat your calories that they suggest. Your body will get used to it and stop holding back on you. Drink water. Avoid processed. Plan your meals for the day and stick with it. And Exercise as often as you can.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    in case you all haven't noticed, the OP left this thread on page 4... just let it die!
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to envision my mother telling a bunch of strangers on the internet to 'kiss my *kitten*' after hearing something she didn't like. It's quite laughable really. The derp is strong in this thread.

Calories in/calories out and healthy eating has always worked for me.

I'm not a medical professional but perhaps OPs thyroid condition makes it a little harder to lose-doesn't mean it can't be done, it only means that perhaps a little extra time and effort need to be put in, but alas OP has gotten upset and made her diary private (to non-friends at least).

Haters gonna hate...
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I have followed this program to the letter for a month now, and thanks to MFP, I am now at the highest weight I have ever been. It doesn't work!!!!

You're clearly doing it wrong.

Yep, his "143lb lost" ticker and my 40lb lost agree with this sentiment.
  • sunshine4me
    sunshine4me Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I don't know how old you are but I am 51 and it took me two months to get my metabolism to a point where it would start losing weight. If I don't exercise I don't lose anything either. I suggest you stay with it a bit longer.
  • rodneyderrick
    rodneyderrick Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    This program didn't fail you, and I take offense that you would blame this program for your eating disorder. If you aren't measuring your foods with a food scale, then that's your fault. If you're not using ladles and measuring cups, then that's your fault. If you are a late night cookie muncher, then that's your fault.
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    in case you all haven't noticed, the OP left this thread on page 4... just let it die!

lol maybe it's a quiet day on the forums today? This may be the most interesting thread knocking around possibly? Who knows... :laugh:
  • Corjogo
    Corjogo Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    :smile: Wow! Some people really were very blunt, while others had a lot of worthy suggestions for you to get the full benefit of MFP. I agree with many of the suggestions, so I won't reiterate them. I'm not sure if you are a "loner" or if you have a companion, aside from friends on MFP, but that would be another suggestion. Also I got confused as to whether you are male or female (in some cases that could make a huge difference - i.e. during life changes. Sometimes working in tandem can help to balance intake amounts - for example if your partner hates veggies, then one might consider "hiding them in muffins, pot pies, stir fries,etc. Blenders are great for changing the appearance of fruits and veggies. One thing I would consider is to work on one item at a time for at least a week. This might be drinking 8 or more glasses of water a day or subbing out one less healthy food (low fat instead of regular or portabella mushrooms for steak one meal). I wasn't able to see your diary so I am only going by what others said, but it seems for me the second thing would be to get some variety - a difference form the old menu to the new... it's that one thing at a time concept. It's kind of easy to do that with fruit for example, as it is somewhat seasonable ( at least to me it is, because of cost). Good luck with your endeavors whatever you decide to do. But I feel this program has helped me to organize my life in a way that will allow weight loss..not that I follow it to the max.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Thanks to those of you who posted postive thoughts, and to those who didn't, BITE ME! You obvouisly don't understand what it's like. I have friended many people through this thread, and they will now be my support! The rest of you should be much more considerate! Rudeness isn't going to get you far in life. Since this my last community post, my thanks to some, the rest can KMA!!

how old are you ? 8 ?
  • christchick7
    christchick7 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Wheels, could you possibly share some of the exercises that have worked for you? I split my time between a walker and
    a wheelchair. The only cardio I can do is Leslie Sansone's Walk At Home and some light strength training- either a stretch
    band or a 5 pound dowel. Things like light leg exercises and sit ups as well as chest presses. Thanks for any help- you
    have motivated me! Sue