Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred--Beginners

Options

Replies

• Monda
    Monda Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Well I done gone and done it now! I got up this morning, fell out of bed and landed on Day 2 of Level 2. LOL!!!! The side effects are amazing! It is harder, but I actually like it better than Level 1. It is so challenging. The planks kick my butt!!!! I have not mastered hardly any of the moves, but I am looking forward to seeing myself improve everyday. Afterall, that is what happened to me in Level 1. I hope everyone continues to do well shredding.

Ange merchant....Jumping Jacks make me pee too!!!! LOL!!! Keep up the good work!!!
  • thisemmabites
    Options
    haha so here I am working up courage to do day four of the shred. Thanks for everyone who says it gets better. *Monda* Can I ask what you calorie intake is? I have mine set @ 1480 (I'm still breastfeeding) and I noticed that after I dropped my 23 lbs the scale started to climb up again. 3 pounds in fact. Which is stressing me out! I'm measuring everything, logging everything, and shredding. I was using a treadmill, but had to get rid of it. Help! lol I'm trying not to let it get me down, but ugh!!!!

Way to go to everyone who is doing well out there!!!!!
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else posting before pics, btw? I have my 3 before pics on my profile because I want to post them at the end to see how it goes. Just curious.

I have some pics on my profile. The first is from before I started losing weight--about 18 months ago, the next 2 are from about 15 or so months ago, the next one is with my brother on the 4th of July, the next is from right around Christmas and the last 2 were taken yesterday (when I had gotten some clothes that fit!:laugh: )
  • ange_mechant
    Options
    Well I done gone and done it now! I got up this morning, fell out of bed and landed on Day 2 of Level 2. LOL!!!! The side effects are amazing! It is harder, but I actually like it better than Level 1. It is so challenging. The planks kick my butt!!!! I have not mastered hardly any of the moves, but I am looking forward to seeing myself improve everyday. Afterall, that is what happened to me in Level 1. I hope everyone continues to do well shredding.

Ange merchant....Jumping Jacks make me pee too!!!! LOL!!! Keep up the good work!!!
    Oh good--it's not just me then. My daughter made fun of me about that too. LOL. But that was the only time I had to pause the video--which I was super proud of. I think tomorrow I'm gonna try to bust out some real pushups. I'm now more than halfway through level one and I'm getting excited about level 2! I keep hearing about the plank, which I used to do a lot at the gym, so maybe it won't be too horrible. (Doubt it though). Anyway, thanks for the peace of mind that it's not just me and good job on your progress! Keep it up lady. :happy:
  • Monda
    Monda Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    haha so here I am working up courage to do day four of the shred. Thanks for everyone who says it gets better. *Monda* Can I ask what you calorie intake is? I have mine set @ 1480 (I'm still breastfeeding) and I noticed that after I dropped my 23 lbs the scale started to climb up again. 3 pounds in fact. Which is stressing me out! I'm measuring everything, logging everything, and shredding. I was using a treadmill, but had to get rid of it. Help! lol I'm trying not to let it get me down, but ugh!!!!

Way to go to everyone who is doing well out there!!!!!

Hey there! I take in apprx 1320 calories a day. I do the shred and I walk ever so often on my treadmill. I do find I get more of a workout doing the shred. Walking just does not challenge me enough. I am so glad you are doing the shred too. Stick to it. The pounds will start to come off again. You can do it. We will do it together. I have not posted my weight loss yet. I tend to get discouraged, if I am not where I think I should be. It looks like we have the same weight loss goal. Look forward to see your progress daily. :)
  • DebbieW
    DebbieW Posts: 187
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Well today I did Level 2, day 7. I have found that it is easier doing the dvd every day as opposed to the monday to friday that I had been doing in Level 1. Monday would come around and it was like starting over again. Level 2 went a lot easier doing the 7 days straight.

Tomorrow I begin Level 3 (cue dramatic music...dah dah dahhhh).

I`ve been wondering how I should be doing week 4 since there are only 3 levels. I`m torn between mixing up the 3 levels in one week or doing level 3 for 14 days straight.

I would love to read about any ideas or strategies that any one else has used or plans on using.

Good luck all you shredders!

Debbie
  • leeslim4life
    leeslim4life Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is my Day 1 of the 30 Day Shred! I'm going to do it everyday except for Sunday!!!!
    Today I reached my 1st short goal of losing 10LBS, I really lost 11Lbs!!! :happy:

I'm excited to start my 2nd goal with the 30 Day Shred, I hope Jillian Kicks my Butt thin!!!
    I will be reporting in tomorrow!!!!
    Keep up the great work Ladies!!! :flowerforyou:
  • TaysMum
    TaysMum Posts: 29
    Options
    Tomorrow is my Day 1 of the 30 Day Shred! I'm going to do it everyday except for Sunday!!!!
    Today I reached my 1st short goal of losing 10LBS, I really lost 11Lbs!!! :happy:

I'm excited to start my 2nd goal with the 30 Day Shred, I hope Jillian Kicks my Butt thin!!!
    I will be reporting in tomorrow!!!!
    Keep up the great work Ladies!!! :flowerforyou:

Great! I too will be starting The Shred tomorrow (God-willingly!) I can't wait to start feeling sore!! Lol

Good luck! :wink:
  • Twinmom413
    Twinmom413 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi...thanks to all who are posting their experiences with this. My goal is to do it everyday, and now that I've heard it's like starting all over if you skip days, it's made me more motivated to stick with my goal. So thanks for all that feedback, everyone!!!

I'm only on day 2 of level 1 and it was harder than yesterday since I was sore today. I'm anxious to see if it is easier by the end of this week.

leeslim...Congrats on your 11 lb. loss!! Way to go!!! I hope I can post the same sometime soon!!

I am feeling a bit mad at myself at the moment. :angry: My 10 year old daughter wanted to make this fruit pizza for dessert tonight. How could I say no to her?? And, of course, I had to have some. It was so good, but now I feel sick...too much sugar :sick: And I even bought the reduced sugar cookie mix!!! Ah well....

I'm hoping to get up early tomorrow and shred before I get ready for work. I haven't had much success with this in the past because it is so hard to get out of bed on these cold mornings. But the last 2 days I've had such GREAT energy and felt so good after doing the shred that I thought it might be worth a try...and would help me get through the school day!

Keep up the great work everyone!!!
  • lisa811
    lisa811 Posts: 363
    Options
    I did Level 1, day 5 on Friday. Other than Day 1, it was the hardest. I ran out of energy FAST and barely made it through. Afterward, I realized I didn't have a very nutritious lunch, and I forgot to have a snack before the workout. Aha!

Today I did Day 6. Much better! In fact, the best day yet. I went up to 5-lb. weights for some of the exercises, and although I'm still nowhere near Natalie, I tried to push myself as much as possible to be somewhere between Anita and Natalie. Feels good to be progressing.
  • kdabis
    kdabis Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I seen a youtube video about a girl who video'd her weight loss from the beginning to 10th week, 11th week and in her 12th week she looks amazing!!! Try youtube 30 Day Shred. I'm sure you'll find her. But i really want to get this tape too but i dont have the money right now, but soon i'll get it! :)
  • ange_mechant
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Well today I did Level 2, day 7. I have found that it is easier doing the dvd every day as opposed to the monday to friday that I had been doing in Level 1. Monday would come around and it was like starting over again. Level 2 went a lot easier doing the 7 days straight.

Tomorrow I begin Level 3 (cue dramatic music...dah dah dahhhh).

I`ve been wondering how I should be doing week 4 since there are only 3 levels. I`m torn between mixing up the 3 levels in one week or doing level 3 for 14 days straight.

I would love to read about any ideas or strategies that any one else has used or plans on using.

Good luck all you shredders!

Debbie
    I'm still not up to level 2 yet, but I'm doing 3 pound weights, and I think once I finish all 3 levels I'm going to start again at level 1 with 5 pound weights. Hopefully by the time I'm done with 2 cycles I won't have too much more to go! LOL. Good luck and good job.
  • ange_mechant
    Options
    I seen a youtube video about a girl who video'd her weight loss from the beginning to 10th week, 11th week and in her 12th week she looks amazing!!! Try youtube 30 Day Shred. I'm sure you'll find her. But i really want to get this tape too but i dont have the money right now, but soon i'll get it! :)

If you download the utorrent program you can download a torrent of the video for free and do it on your computer instead of the dvd. That's what I did. If you need some more details, let me know.
  • ange_mechant
    Options
    Ok, so I'm going to stop replying to specific people now and actually post because now I'm just taking up a bunch of space. I did level 1, day 7 today which was totally exciting! I'm almost done with level 1!!! Today seemed like I was more sweaty and out of breath than I normally am, but I didn't have to stop for water once (though I did stop to pee as usual). And, on top of that, I did 10 real boy pushups before I had to resort back to the girl pushups. I was so proud of myself. I tried to do them again in the 2nd go-round, but I only got to 2 before I fell flat on my face (literally). But whatever, I did some--which is more than I could do a week ago! Try again tomorrow. I cannot wait to get up to level 2! Night ladies.
  • sparklepants
    sparklepants Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I've just bought this DVD and am going to start it tonight! Fingers crossed!!

Any handy hints and tips?!! Thanks!
  • TheJetSet
    TheJetSet Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I did my first workout (level 1) yesterday, found it OK, hard work but doable and satisfying, I'm aching like mad today though and each sneeze is hell!

I am planning to do the workout 3x per week as I try to run on the other days.
  • sparklepants
    Options
    Are you supposed to do it every day? Surely your muscles need to recover?

Also, can it be done in a relatively small space? Thanks!
  • DebbieW
    DebbieW Posts: 187
    Options
    Are you supposed to do it every day? Surely your muscles need to recover?

Also, can it be done in a relatively small space? Thanks!

Sparklepants - Jillian's intention is 30 days of doing her workout in order to be "shredded". However, do whatever works for your personal workout routine. Some people (like myself) are doing it every day while others are doing 3x/week or taking weekends off. Good luck!

So I just finished doing Level 3 Day 1 and survived to tell the tale. My advice, do not rush ahead into level 3 until you are conditioned for it. Make sure you work your way through each level.

Jillian is insane! Level 3 has you working faster and she is really focusing on your core. I'm really looking forward to being "shredded", but it does take work to get there.

Thanks to Jillian's dvd (along with other things I've been doing) I've lost 14 pounds and 4" of belly fat since January 2nd. I am starting to get excited about summertime coming up. I'm going to feel really good in my summer clothes. Yeah!!!

Good luck everyone on getting "Shredded".

Debbie
  • mschelle
    mschelle Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    14 lbs! Holy cow! Great job!!!
    I've lost 6 since Jan 2nd. Are you doing a special diet too?
  • sparklepants
    Options
    Thanks Debbie! I'm starting tonight so I shall let you know how it goes!

Well done on the 14lb! That's brilliant!! I'm aiming for 7lb in the next 2 weeks...