Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred--Beginners

Options

Replies

• RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Has anybody had any problems with pain in their lower legs? Think possibly it could be shin splints. I read several people have knee problems. Was wondering if anybody had any suggestions to make it a less impact on the lower legs.
  • elle23
    elle23 Posts: 19
    Options
    Hey! I started this morning. AWESOME WORKOUT!

But I how do I log it for my exercise on here? Not sure if this has been asked/answered before.

Thanks
  • mschelle
    mschelle Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Has anybody had any problems with pain in their lower legs? Think possibly it could be shin splints. I read several people have knee problems. Was wondering if anybody had any suggestions to make it a less impact on the lower legs.

I have problems with my feet and ankles, which started to move into my shins. I'm positive it's all the jumping. So, I got 2 ankle braces (the wrap around kind you get at Walgreens or Target) and it's help *a lot*. I wore them all day for a few days and the pains subsided, now I just wear them to work out and I'm doing much better.
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options

I have problems with my feet and ankles, which started to move into my shins. I'm positive it's all the jumping. So, I got 2 ankle braces (the wrap around kind you get at Walgreens or Target) and it's help *a lot*. I wore them all day for a few days and the pains subsided, now I just wear them to work out and I'm doing much better.

Thanks for the tip! I'll have to give that a try!
  • pz5wjj
    pz5wjj Posts: 95 Member
    Options

Yes, my problems are more just below the knee on my left side.

And you are all welcome for the knee stuff. I didn't write it - it's from the Shredhead's website - I just C&P'd it! If you haven't checked out Shredheads yet, you should - great information! Just Google "shredheads" and it will bring you there.

And I'm due to do Day 28 today but I'm taking today, Saturday, Sunday and probably Monday off -- I need to rest my knee/leg and heal. I'm really bummed about it! I may see how the weekend goes and try again on Monday (but that's my husband's birthday so we'll see....).

So for now, I'm planning on taking it easy this weekend and picking up again next week!
  • Twinmom413
    Twinmom413 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Have to share...

Did L1D5 last night and convinced my husband to join me. I definitely felt stronger, AND my knees were not bothering me as much. I really tried to concentrate on the suggestions shared (thanks again!!).

What really made me feel sooooooo good was that my husband was struggling through some of the moves which just motivated me more! It made me see how much my endurance has improved in only 5 days. I shouldn't be taking pleasure in his pain, but I was doing an inner happy dance because it really confirmed that it's helping me and making me a stronger healthier person :bigsmile:

I hope everyone has a GREAT weekend! Those of you who are taking a break from the shred...keep eating healthy!!!
    And for those of you who live on my side of the world...enjoy the snow!!!! Getting out of work early today...yeehaw!!
    D~
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

how do you all log the shred into your exercise log? Please help! Thank you.
  • mommydiva
    mommydiva Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've used the Circuit Training - General option to log my activity on MFP.
  • lisa811
    lisa811 Posts: 363
    Options
    Hi all,

how do you all log the shred into your exercise log? Please help! Thank you.

I enter it as "circuit training" for 20 minutes because I've seen that suggestion before. However, that is really a rough estimate. I intend on getting a good heart rate monitor that tells you how many calories you've burned. It differs for everyone. You should consider getting one too. I've seen the Polar brand recommended a lot here.
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I appreciate the help.
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome and good morning!:flowerforyou:

I have finished Level 1 (I did it twice because I felt I was not ready to move on.) Will start L2 on Sunday because I find that 2 days off in a row are too many for me. So, my days will be varying from week to week, as I do this every other day. Good thing I started tracking everything on paper!:laugh:
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    :smile: I just want to let everyone know that I think the thread gets locked when we reach 500 posts. If so, could whoever notices first just start another one--maybe the same name with Part 2 in the title? I'll be honest, I'm not exactly sure how it works so if anyone else does--feel free to take care of it! Thanks!:flowerforyou:
  • DebbieW
    DebbieW Posts: 187
    Options
    Good morning all of my fellow "shredders",

Well, thanks to Jillian kicking my butt (literally and figuratively) and weighing and measuring everything I eat and the big one NO junk food as of January 2nd, I have lost another 3 pounds this week. Woo Hoo!!

I have now lost a total of 17 lbs since January 2nd.

I have decided that I'm going to treat myself today for all of that hard work, sweat and calling Jillian names by buying myself something "pretty" today as my reward.

All I can say to all of the shredders and shredders to be out there......DON'T GIVE UP. I have never been this successful at weight loss. NEVER!

Stick with Jillian and watch what you eat, it will happen for you too.

Good luck everyone and go get "shredded"!

Debbie
  • Beconsistent
    Options
    Ditto Debbie! It's so important to balance exercise with proper nutrition. Portion sizes and caloric intake are so keep. Last year I could not image counting calories but this year I know that I would not be 8lbs lighter if I did not. I like the idea of rewarding yourself. Soon I'll hit the mall for a new item or two as well. I love shopping!

Just completed L2D7 (Day 17 Overall). James Brown said it best, "I feel GOOD! I knew that I would now." I feel good because I'm exercising and I acutally enjoy it. I also feel good because I can see results. The best is yet to come!

Happy shredding!

Melissa
  • DebbieW
    DebbieW Posts: 187
    Options
    Ditto Debbie! It's so important to balance exercise with proper nutrition. Portion sizes and caloric intake are so keep. Last year I could not image counting calories but this year I know that I would not be 8lbs lighter if I did not. I like the idea of rewarding yourself. Soon I'll hit the mall for a new item or two as well. I love shopping!

Just completed L2D7 (Day 17 Overall). James Brown said it best, "I feel GOOD! I knew that I would now." I feel good because I'm exercising and I acutally enjoy it. I also feel good because I can see results. The best is yet to come!

Happy shredding!

Melissa

Way to go Melissa!!! You're doing awesome!! I totally feel like the James Brown song today!

What I love is that I have so much more energy!

I feel like dancing!

Debbie
  • PrincessDesiray
    PrincessDesiray Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I started the shred this morning (2/6/10). I thought it was tough but I feel good. I am hoping to buy and inexpensive heart monitor next because I would like to see how much I am burning.....so I can put that in MFP properly. So is there like a set plan for this workout? I am on level 1 day 1 and just wondering how long I should stay here.....I am thinking it is 10 days of each but not sure.

Here are my starting measurements:
    Bust 36
    Hips 35
    Waist 32
    Thighs 22
    Arms 11
    Weight 137

Mini goal for weight 135
    Final goal 125
  • lisa811
    lisa811 Posts: 363
    Options
    Wow...this is why I love this site. Reading about everyone's successes pumps me up. I'm going to do Day 9 right NOW!

PrincessDesiray...the suggestion is 10 days at each level. But I say if you feel like you're not ready to move to the next level after 10 days, don't. Nothing wrong with the 40 day shred!
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi everyone! Welcome to our newbies!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I'm finally going to give Level 2 a go tomorrow (Sunday) morning! Wish me luck!:happy:
  • leeslim4life
    leeslim4life Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I started the shred this morning (2/6/10). I thought it was tough but I feel good. I am hoping to buy and inexpensive heart monitor next because I would like to see how much I am burning.....so I can put that in MFP properly. So is there like a set plan for this workout? I am on level 1 day 1 and just wondering how long I should stay here.....I am thinking it is 10 days of each but not sure.

Bust 36
    Hips 35
    Waist 32
    Thighs 22
    Arms 11
    Weight 137

Mini goal for weight 135
    Final goal 125

Most of us are doing 10 Days of each level. Some are doing it every day, while others take a day off. Some stick to a certain level until they are ready to move on to the next, some are also doing an extra workout with the 30Day Shred.
    Work it in the way that best suits your needs! Have fun & good Luck! :flowerforyou:

Last night was not so good for me, I am just drained, went over my calorie intake & dragged 30DL all the way until 11pm last night! Not good! Today I am hoping for a better day!!! Have a good one Ladies!
  • Beconsistent
    Options

Bust 36
    Hips 35
    Waist 32
    Thighs 22
    Arms 11
    Weight 137

Mini goal for weight 135
    Final goal 125

Most of us are doing 10 Days of each level. Some are doing it every day, while others take a day off. Some stick to a certain level until they are ready to move on to the next, some are also doing an extra workout with the 30Day Shred.
    Work it in the way that best suits your needs! Have fun & good Luck! :flowerforyou:

Last night was not so good for me, I am just drained, went over my calorie intake & dragged 30DL all the way until 11pm last night! Not good! Today I am hoping for a better day!!! Have a good one Ladies!

Finished L2D8 (Day 18 Overall)!

WELCOME ABOARD PrincessDesiray! I'm glad that you enjoyed your first day of the shred. I think you'll enjoy it more and more as you continue to do it. Congrats on your awesome weight lose thus far!

leeslim4life - We all have days that we'd rather forget. Either we ate too much or for no good reason put our workout off "until later" and later never happens - I speak from experience :wink:. You should be proud of yourself for working out anyway. As the saying goes, "today is a gift, that's why it is called the present." So forget about yesterday and embrace today. I know you can do it!

Melissa