Baby naming fun :)

Options

Replies

• honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I like Alyssa but that's my name so I'm a little biased! lol
    Lexie is cute as a nick name but it doesn't seem like a stand alone name to me (like Alexandria, Alexia, etc.)
    Capri makes me think of the not shorts/but not pants kind of Capri so I have a hard time seeing it as a name!
    The other ones just aren't my style, but I've been Alyssa for 20 years and I've always liked it :) lol
  • MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I really like longer more "grown up names" that have an informal or familiar shorter version. Gracelyn is nice for that, family and friends calling her Grace. Very nice :)
    But then they're Grace and Trace!
    I think Tessa & Trace go well together, as do Cadence & Trace. To each their own, but Capri makes me think of clothes and islands.
  • CrystalFlury
    CrystalFlury Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I like Gracelyn.

A suggestion or two: Ember (instead of Amber), Emilia, Laureena
  • BBeccaJean
    BBeccaJean Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Some new ideas: Avery, Taryn, Reagan, Kiley, Peyton, Adalyn

If I have a girl next, I want to name her Zoe, but my husband likes Kaylee.
  • SF2514
    SF2514 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Grats!

I like Tessa out of your choices.

My little girl's name is Katelyn Frances. If I had another little girl I would have liked to name her Evelyn Alice.

Edit: Capri reminds me of Cabrini Green lol. Candyman, candyman, candyma.... lol.
  • Pinkigloopyxie
    Options
    If I could have gone without the JLM initials I would have loved Elena Grace for a girl. Just love the way it rolls off the tongue.

Uh...... why didn't you just do what you wanted. Family tradition? Would your fam have actually gotten mad at you and ignored you if you didn't follow through?

That sounds really terrible. I know my Grandmother would like it, if I ever had kids, for me to give a girl the middle name of Marie. (Grandma's, mom's, my middle name too) But nothing would happen if I decided not to. Then again I'm pretty sure she knows I don't plan on kids any time soon, if ever.

Sounds interesting though, this tradition must go really far back.
  • danaweston
    Options
    How about
    Hannah
    Ella
    Ellie

baby naming is sooooo fun
    cause it's gotta sound perfect for a little infant~toddler~ preschooler~ all the way to a grandmother
    " And the beat goes on"
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Ignore the disrespectful or angry people. They would not give you the concern for your feelings, why be concerned about theirs.

Quite frankly all of your names are quite nice. My first pick for a girls name has always been Kara LouAnn.

However my girl goes by Nena.

Olivia Grace

or

Gracelyn Rose / Gracelyn Noel

or

Heaven Jolene

and my last favorite Nadine
  • Effpcos
    Effpcos Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I have an Alyssa! She's lovely, =).
    We have four daughters-
    *Alyssa-Jewel Morag (A-liss-a) (morrrr-ag)
    *Eliot Vevila (Vev-il-la)
    *Tait Isla Elisabeth (Eye-la)
    *Greta Edison

A lot of Gaelic names because of our ancestry, (Morag, Eliot, Vevila, Tait & Isla), Elizabeth is a family name but we decided to spell it with an "s" instead. Jewel was my husbands choice ("because she's so precious"), we hyphenated it because there were a lot of Alyssa's born that year, but normally just call her Alyssa, she likes "AJ" too. Greta is a variation on Margaret, another family name and I like the "retro"ness of it, and Edison because the husband and I are a bit science-geeky, =). I wanted both Isla and Edison as first names but husband vetoed anymore "vowels".
    Our son's name is Xander Zeb, the husband chose both of those. I was 5mths pregnant when he was deployed overseas so I felt it important that our son be named by him *just in case*.
  • danaweston
    Options
    how about Violet
    or Rose

you must have both the first and the second name perfect~~~so she can change it when she become a "teenager"

how about Erin
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I heard some good advice about baby names this week - imagine your daughter introducing herself at her first job interview. I think the point of this is to discourage the "Peacheee Fluffiebelle" school of naming.

And from personal experience can I suggest that you name her something that is spelled in a conventional manner?
    Traycee-Ljynne (with a silent j) might seem like a good idea at the time but she is not going to thank you for it when she has to spell her name every day for the rest of her life.

These comments don't apply to the names you suggested by the way - I would pick Tessa from your list.

And I love Isla as a name but I can't get my head around the eye-la pronunciation, to me it will alway be iss-la, like the Spanish word for island.
  • Kateluvsall
    Options
    I think Tessa is absolutely adorable
  • altarimage
    altarimage Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I love the name Gabriel, but my boyfriend hates it, so it's kinda out of the question for when we have kids :/
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I like Tessa out of the ones you listed. I had boys- and with our first - well, thank the Lord he's a boy, because we went to the hospital waiting for our bundle of joy without having a girl name that we agreed upon. ;)

Girl names I liked: Eva, Evangeline, Grace, (his Grandmother's name was Evelyn, and I didn't want someone with the exact name as a family member for their first name- they deserve their own name) I happen to love my niece's name: Elyse (a-lease) Nicole

Hubs liked: Amelia. he just wouldn't budge from it.

I was also partial to Zoe - I do think names like Olivia, Emma, Katelyn, Cadence, and Hannah are everywhere - I see them in the paper and on baby announcements all the time now...

MY first name is Corrina (Core-eeena) Gayle.... but I've always gone by "Mina." ....unless I was in trouble, then it was my whole name.

ETA: I do also like Savannah - it's a wonderful Southern-type name, although it may be over used now, I don't know. But Savannah Jo has a nice ring to it!

and seeing some of the "wrong" name combos....I used to babysit for a couple, they had 2 sons with names that were "wrong."
    Ralph Rise
    and the youngest, Peter Rise. Top that. lol
  • MLeigh18
    MLeigh18 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Why not wait until she comes out. Then you can decide what she looks like. My parents were set on naming me Mathew. (they thought I was a boy, according to the sono tech) then I came out with a vagina, so they changed my name to Meghan. Apparently the sonogram tech in 1988 wasn't as smart as she thought she was. (they showed the sono to their delivery dr and he said he's not sure how the sono tech thought I was a boy because clearly, there was something missing).
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Why not wait until she comes out. Then you can decide what she looks like. My parents were set on naming me Mathew. (they thought I was a boy, according to the sono tech) then I came out with a vagina, so they changed my name to Meghan. Apparently the sonogram tech in 1988 wasn't as smart as she thought she was. (they showed the sono to their delivery dr and he said he's not sure how the sono tech thought I was a boy because clearly, there was something missing).

haha! At the beginning of your post I was like, um, have you ever seen a newborn, they all pretty much look alike-- wet and red and scrunched and coneheaded and fugly (dude, don't try to say newborns are cute. They're not). And then you busted out with "then I came out with a vagina" and I had many lols.
  • ChelseaYepThatsMe
    Options
    My little girls name is Alexi, because I wanted something unusual and not often heard. I like Capri, that goes well with the last name (:
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for a strong country-girl name, watch Gone With the Wind, and see what names pop out at you:

Scarlet
    Tara
    Melanie (Mellie)
    O'Hara
    Rhett (would be so cute for a girl!)
    Ashley
    India
    Belle
    Bonnie
    Carreen
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for a strong country-girl name, watch Gone With the Wind, and see what names pop out at you:

Scarlet
    Tara
    Melanie (Mellie)
    O'Hara
    Ashley
    India
    Belle
    Bonnie
    Carreen

Hahahaha! Someone likes Gone with the Wind!!!! :smile:
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options

Scarlet
    Tara
    Melanie (Mellie)
    O'Hara
    Ashley
    India
    Belle
    Bonnie
    Carreen

Hahahaha! Someone likes Gone with the Wind!!!! :smile:

Lol, I've only seen/read it once each. :) I just like a lot of the names. :happy: